Search

.com Forum · Beginner Forum

Replies in this thread : 6

Author Topic : Food and showing ages.
 Bushdogs
Basic User

System.__ComObject
2/27/2015 10:07:07 PM reply with quote send message to Bushdogs Object to Post   

Hello,

I tried reading the Help and it just made it worst. Been thinking about coming back if I can get back in the groove. My problem. When do puppies because adult dogs. When can you start entering them in show, and when do you change from puppy food to adult food. Thought it was 10 days, then I saw 14 days. Now I am totally confused. Thanks!

Sombra Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
2/27/2015 10:23:05 PM reply with quote send message to Sombra Kennels Object to Post

It is 14 days happy :)
 Champions-true-kennel
Basic User

Basic User
2/27/2015 10:29:27 PM reply with quote send message to Champions-true-kennel Object to Post

a puppy should be fourteen days old when you change their food from puppy to adult formulas, generally i change their food when their 13 days old because most of my pups turn 14 days old before their fed their next meal, and to enter them into show (if their ready that is)
Its 30 days old to breed them.

Way back in the day puppies used to settle at 10 days, which was basically the day their traits were final, they have gotten rid of that feature, so now the day puppies are born your able to see their traits and decide where their best fit.

Lemme know if you need any more help!
Hope that clears things up for ya!
 Bushdogs
Basic User

Basic User
2/27/2015 10:44:20 PM reply with quote send message to Bushdogs Object to Post

Thank you!
 Treestand Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
2/28/2015 10:33:31 PM reply with quote send message to Treestand Kennel Object to Post

Just an FYI, the dogs are typically fed at 8:30 am Showdog time. happy :)

Welcome back!
 Treestand Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
2/28/2015 10:33:32 PM reply with quote send message to Treestand Kennel Object to Post

Just an FYI, the dogs are typically fed at 8:30 am Showdog time. happy :)

Welcome back!
 nortons kennel
Basic User

Basic User
3/1/2015 5:08:29 AM reply with quote send message to nortons kennel Object to Post

i feed my pups puppy food until 14 day old and enter them in shows when they get 20 across the board.

Replies in this thread : 6

Did you know?
The sit for exam is a modified version of the Stand for Exam. It is generally used in novice level classes and requires the handler to order the dog to sit and then to move away from the dog the length of the leash. The judge will then approach the dog and pet the dog's head.