Search

.com Forum · Real Show Dogs

Replies in this thread : 26
Page : 1 2
<< prev page next page >>

Author Topic : Need a litter nickname theme!
 Mirage.
Basic User

System.__ComObject
3/2/2015 7:07:05 PM reply with quote send message to Mirage. Object to Post   

My BC bitch is due Friday-Sunday (but may be early) and I'm kinda stuck for the temporary puppy nicknames. She has been scanned with 6 but of course there may be more. We will be expecting black and whites and blue merles, hopefully with some tri colour here and there too.

I don't really want anything film/tv show/book related, and I don't want typical human or dog names. So far on my list of possibilities is alcohols (vodka, gin, rum, tequila etc), winter (polar, drift, chill, sleet), and some of my friends have recently had themes on photography, disney characters, gods/goddesses, and chocolates, so would rather not duplicate that. I quite like outer space but struggling to find good names to do with it (want slightly more exotic things than moon and star!) but open to anything. So yeah, I like different, unusual, so long as they aren't too long (preferably 1 or 2 syllables). Please put some examples along with a theme if you can. Thanks in advance happy :)

Almost Heaven
Basic User

Basic User
3/2/2015 7:37:06 PM reply with quote send message to Almost Heaven Object to Post

this post has been edited 2 time(s)

Soda pop names? Tab, Shasta, Fanta, Mr Pib, Fresca, Sprite, Surge, Barq, Snapple, Squirt, etc

Card Cames? Uno, Poker, Rummy, Gin, Euchre, Rook, Whist etc.

www.pagat.com/alpha/

-----
Last edited by Almost Heaven on 3/2/2015 7:58:16 PM
 Almost Heaven
Basic User

Basic User
3/2/2015 7:45:19 PM reply with quote send message to Almost Heaven Object to Post

Outer space = Atom, Aurora, Axis, Coma, Comet, Kelvin, Nebula, Nova, Orbit, Ozone, Parsec, Perigee, Proton, Quazar, Umbra, Zenith
 Small Dog Grove
Basic User

Basic User
3/2/2015 9:06:04 PM reply with quote send message to Small Dog Grove Object to Post

Musical names might be fun: Harmony, Melody, Tempo, Chorus, Ballad, Maestro, Treble, etc
 Grandiose
Premium Member

Premium Member
3/2/2015 9:30:14 PM reply with quote send message to Grandiose Object to Post

We've been doing colors for the past few litters. Just call them Mr Blue, Miss Pink. Etc.....
Keeps us from getting overly attached to certain puppies, and the new owners get to come up with whatever name without any worry of needing to keep the litter name.
Plus, since they wear colored collars, it's easier to ID them in photos
 Treestand Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
3/2/2015 11:50:13 PM reply with quote send message to Treestand Kennel Object to Post

Guns and Ammunition? Wesson, Bear, Remington, Daisy ... Here are more ideas (locking some of those away for future dogs!) https://suite.io/thomas-alan-gray/4pm22r1
 Wicked Kisses
Basic User

Basic User
3/3/2015 8:58:39 AM reply with quote send message to Wicked Kisses Object to Post

As a Disney nerd, I like the idea of a Disney theme wink ;) You could use names from your favorite movie or just use names of Princes and Princesses. There is an endless surplus of Disney names!

Our litters never really have themes, so I'm not used to coming up with ones. We usually just call the puppies whatever seems like a good fit since new owners often like to rename. A registered name is usually easy to come up with for whatever call name we choose. For example, in one of our litters we named the heaviest puppy "Big Mac" and registered him as "I'm Lovin It", and named another puppy "Boog/Booger" because of a freckle he had on his nose, then registered him as "Grand Slam" after hall of fame baseball player Boog Powell. In one of our first litters, I named my favorite girl "Kit" after a sweet old lady that I knew. We ended up keeping her and registered her "Kit N Kaboodle"... wink ;)
 Mirage.
Basic User

Basic User
3/4/2015 12:25:14 PM reply with quote send message to Mirage. Object to Post

Thanks everyone, quite like the weapons theme, on which I sort of digressed on to weapons in general, such as Ammo, Arrow, Cannon, Blade, Dagger, Bullet, Tazer, Revolver (Rev for short), Uzi, Tank, Bo (as in Crossbow).. might go with that laugh :D
 Treestand Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
3/4/2015 2:03:29 PM reply with quote send message to Treestand Kennel Object to Post

I have a Tank. There are so many options with broadening it to weapons! happy :)

I love the name Axel too ... Was going to suggest parts of a car but my husband asked if I was going to suggest Transmission ... "Will you suggest they call it Tranny for short?" ... laugh :D
 Treestand Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
3/4/2015 2:04:17 PM reply with quote send message to Treestand Kennel Object to Post

Btw, cannot wait to see the babies!!!
 CelebrationHounds
Basic User

Basic User
3/4/2015 6:06:52 PM reply with quote send message to CelebrationHounds Object to Post

Cities - Paris, Vienna, Vegas, London, Oslo, Berlin, Zagreb, Denver etc etc

Stage and Screen - Diva, Edit, Zoom, Star, Dolly, Cam, Trooper etc etc

Fruit and Veg - Peachy, Spud, Okra, Zest, Turnip, Clemmy, Plum, Parsnip etc etc

Fish - Bass, Perch, Rudd, Shark, Trout, Tetra, etc etc

Instruments - Harp, Drum, Kazoo, Casta(nets), Xyla(phone) or Guitar makers - Gretsh, Fender, Gibson, etc etc

Basic User

Basic User
3/5/2015 5:22:48 AM reply with quote send message to Object to Post edit post

Outerspace:
Quasar
Pulsar
Nebula
Sirius
Polaris
Dipper
Orion
Hubble
Voyager
Ceres
Osiris
Apollo
Sputnik
Booster
Galaxy
Flare
Meteor

Or you could do Sci-Fi planets:
Naboo
Endor
Hoth
Tattooine
Dagobah
Kashyyyk
Pandora
Caprica
Kobol
Vulcan
Kling/Kronos
Romulus
Abydos
Chulak
Terminus
Aurora
Solaria
Magrathea
Betelgeuse
Xandar
Asgard
Krypton

grif,
 Dream What May
Premium Member

Premium Member
3/6/2015 1:49:40 AM reply with quote send message to Dream What May Object to Post

moral real space than outer space but what about planets. Earth, Sun, Saturn, Mars, Jupiter, Pluto.

or zodiacs
Picies, Aries,Taurus,Gemini,Leo,Virgo
 Mirage.
Basic User

Basic User
3/12/2015 7:46:03 AM reply with quote send message to Mirage. Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Kept forgetting to post some pics! They were born early hours of 6th March, 6 in total. 3 boys & 3 girls, one black and white of each sex & 2 blue merles of each. Their names are Sky, Pandora (moon of Saturn), Polar (polaris, north star), Big Dipper, Cloud, and Eclipse happy :) Chase is being a great mum and taking it very seriously... their sire is Mary Ray's Levi, the dark merle that she has in her Crufts HTM routines happy :) As you can see his colouring has come through quite strongly!

1 day old

4 days old

-----
Last edited by Mirage. on 3/12/2015 7:48:00 AM
 Mirage.
Basic User

Basic User
3/12/2015 7:49:18 AM reply with quote send message to Mirage. Object to Post

BTW thanks for all the suggestions! Will definitely keep some in mind for next time happy :)

mournebrake
Basic User

Basic User
3/12/2015 4:52:06 PM reply with quote send message to mournebrake Object to Post

OMG! They are gorgeous - beautiful fat little slugs of loveliness. I just love the Merle colouring. Love the names. Congrats and good luck.
 Treestand Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
3/12/2015 6:57:43 PM reply with quote send message to Treestand Kennel Object to Post

I'm partial to Merle so those are my favorites, but man are they adorable! Good to see everyone is doing well!
 Drake Creek Meadows
Basic User

Basic User
3/13/2015 4:20:20 AM reply with quote send message to Drake Creek Meadows Object to Post

Congrats on a litter of of healthy, beautiful pups and mother. Really like the names you picked, and the pups a gorgeous, especially the merel ones. ^^ Probably would have thrown in some suggestions too, but I didn't see this thread until now.
 griffin
Basic User

Basic User
3/16/2015 8:45:13 AM reply with quote send message to griffin Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Adorable, hardly ever see merle BCs where I am! Will the markings stay as they are now or do they change as the pups mature?

grif,

-----
Last edited by griffin on 3/16/2015 8:46:04 AM
 RobinWhiskers
Basic User

Basic User
3/16/2015 7:46:18 PM reply with quote send message to RobinWhiskers Object to Post

You could put a different color collar on each of the puppies and name them that color. You could name them after characters in the Star Wars movies, like Chewbacca and Wicket. Or perhaps you can name them after characters in Beowulf, like Wiglaf and Hrothgar. It's up to you really.
 RockBottomHounds
Basic User

Basic User
3/16/2015 9:10:34 PM reply with quote send message to RockBottomHounds Object to Post

We need more puppy pics.....please.....pleeeeaaase

Replies in this thread : 26
Page : 1 2
<< prev page next page >>

Did you know?
An obedience trial is a dog sport in which a dog must perfectly execute a predefined set of tasks when directed to do so by his handler