Search

.com Forum · Real Show Dogs

Replies in this thread : 1

Author Topic : Flying Pets
 Valhaus
Basic User

System.__ComObject
3/10/2015 2:55:34 AM reply with quote send message to Valhaus Object to Post   

I am more than likely going to be flying my cat to Las Vegas from Atlanta. Does anyone hear have any experience flying animals? And if so, how much did it cost and what airlines did you go through? I know some vetting is required. What is all required and what is an estimate of costs?

Thank you so much
 Reflections Of
Basic User

Basic User
3/10/2015 10:57:26 AM reply with quote send message to Reflections Of Object to Post

Each airline has it's own set of requirements. A cat will fit under your seat as "carry on" in a sherpa bag which actually costs less and is safer than cargo where cats have been known to escape. Go on to the webpages of the airlines you want to fly with and read their pet policies. You have to book well in advance, because most airlines have a maximum number of pets allowed/flight. Some airlines have embargos on pets flying at certain times of the year d/t temperature considerations. I've flown my dogs with Alaska, United and Air Canada with no problems

Replies in this thread : 1

Did you know?
A conformation dog show is not a comparison of one dog to another but a comparison of each dog to a judge's mental image of the ideal breed type as outlined in the individual breed's breed standard.