Search

.com Forum · Bug Reporting and Suggestions

Replies in this thread : 3

Author Topic : Whats up with obedience training?
 OTT Mournebrake
Basic User

System.__ComObject
3/11/2015 1:42:32 PM reply with quote send message to OTT Mournebrake Object to Post   

I'm seriously miffed with all the effort I'm putting in to training my dogs for obedience and getting nowhere. I have a bitch who was getting higher trial scores 2 weeks ago than she's getting today AND she's getting 2 or 3 training sessions EVERY day without fail. Her daily scores are up and down like a yoyo and I don't understand what's happening. Has anyone competing for CDX or UD noticed this? Any thoughts?
 Aussiewolfsister
Premium Member

Premium Member
3/11/2015 2:32:25 PM reply with quote send message to Aussiewolfsister Object to Post

Have had no problem with CD or CDX, but I am not putting them in trials until fully sessioned in the appropriate "abilities" for that class. I have not got any dogs fully sessioned for UD yet. But I expect that will be up and down anyway - just like real life Utility trialing *lol*
 mournebrake
Basic User

Basic User
3/11/2015 7:07:19 PM reply with quote send message to mournebrake Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

I'm interested to know what you mean by 'fully trained', do you mean 20's in all 5 disciplines? In my experience different breeds qualify with different numbers, I've had herding breeds qualify CD with 18's 17's and one 16, but a hound breed needing all 19's.

-----
Last edited by mournebrake on 3/11/2015 7:08:25 PM
 Aussiewolfsister
Premium Member

Premium Member
3/11/2015 9:13:22 PM reply with quote send message to Aussiewolfsister Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

I wait until they all fully sessioned (20s) -- but I am doing Keeshonds -- and later Buhunds.

-----
Last edited by Aussiewolfsister on 3/11/2015 9:13:41 PM

Replies in this thread : 3

Did you know?
In the United Kingdom, the international championship show Crufts was first held in 1891.