Search

.com Forum · Source Breeder Forum

Replies in this thread : 1

Author Topic : Colour Breeding and Source Breeding Help please :)
 Grandeur Kennels
Basic User

System.__ComObject
3/25/2015 4:59:56 AM reply with quote send message to Grandeur Kennels Object to Post   

Hi there,
My goal is to color breed or source breed some Blue colour into my lines with Amstaffs.
Atm I have a Blue girl "Glenwood Buttons" that I purchased from a fellow breeder however she is heavily line bred and I'm unsure of how to breed her to start creating my own blue lines. The only blue studs are her also used through out her lines. My bitch "Metro Monroe" I theorize is recessive for blue as her sire was blue.. So i figure I should breed her to blue or another bluexother colour breeding, not sure if this is correct. Her one of the studs who is also in Buttons lines.

So how do I go about adding some new blood into this can anyone explain color genetics is there other colors I can use that can pass on the blue gene?Do I source breed?
Thanks so much in advance
 Lilliput
Basic User

Basic User
3/25/2015 6:28:45 PM reply with quote send message to Lilliput Object to Post

Sounds like you've got a good handle on it. Any dog with a blue parent will carry the blue gene. So breed to that or to another blue.

In your breed, any color can carry blue. The only dogs homozygous for blue are those with Blue is the name- Blue Fawn, Blue Brindle etc etc.

Replies in this thread : 1

Did you know?
A conformation dog show is not a comparison of one dog to another but a comparison of each dog to a judge's mental image of the ideal breed type as outlined in the individual breed's breed standard.