.com Forum · General

Replies in this thread : 29
Page : 1 2
<< prev page next page >>

Author Topic : Introducing the SD Chronicle
 rhondacline
Basic User

System.__ComObject
3/31/2015 12:15:45 PM reply with quote send message to rhondacline Object to Post   

A couple of weeks ago someone made a post asking about things we could do to enhance Showdog. Someone mentioned having something similar to Canine Chronicle. (I LOVE Canine Chronicle!)
That got me to thinking and playing around over Spring Break...

It’s not perfect and it’s far from finished; but I’d love for you to take a look at the new “SD Chronicle” www.sdchronicle.com

My primary goal is to:
1. Highlight the SDWC winner (and keep an easily accessible list of the Group 1 winners along with the Best in Show.)

2. Highlight the Top 10 All Breed Dogs, Top 5 Group Dogs and Top 5 Kennels from each month.
(Also maintain a record of the Top 5 of each for each month. This is not currently done and I feel that this is a HUGE accomplishment in the game and should be recognized.)

3. Maintain a “Breed Directory” – This page tracks info on each breed – giving players quick info when looking for new breeds to try out. (Or breeds that need help.)

4. Create and maintain “Breed pages” – The breed pages will offer breed info, a place for ads, highlight Best in National Specialty, Top SOP in the breed, #1 Dog in Breed, #1 Kennel. I also hope to include a list of past BISS winners for each breed. These pages will be done for breeds in which player/players submit the info. I am happy to put the page together and update it as needed – but I am simply not able to compile the info for EVERY breed. So breeds with active (and interested) players will have their breed pages done first. I am also open to adding whatever your breed would like to see – Top Stud Dogs – Links to Abandoned studs – mentors – etc.

5. Finally, there is the Top SOP page – this page will highlight the top 5 dogs all breeds – and then list the Top SOP for each breed.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy what’s there so far. I hope that the site will grow and evolve.
Comments and emails are welcome. (Please be kind. This is just a “fun" project for me.)
 Keaira
Basic User

Basic User
3/31/2015 12:33:35 PM reply with quote send message to Keaira Object to Post

This is AWESOME! I love it! <3
 Picardy
Premium Member

Premium Member
3/31/2015 12:36:53 PM reply with quote send message to Picardy Object to Post

I like it! Looks great happy :)
 Wicked Kisses
Basic User

Basic User
3/31/2015 12:59:46 PM reply with quote send message to Wicked Kisses Object to Post

That looks amazing! I've been hoping for something like this to come about soon happy :)

Great work, thank you for putting it all together!

Taylor
 mournebrake
Basic User

Basic User
3/31/2015 1:24:53 PM reply with quote send message to mournebrake Object to Post

Wonderful!! Thankyou so much.
 Kovert
Basic User

Basic User
3/31/2015 1:26:32 PM reply with quote send message to Kovert Object to Post

It looks awesome!!
 Kievan Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
3/31/2015 2:01:33 PM reply with quote send message to Kievan Kennels Object to Post

Impressive! I like the ads bit.
 mournebrake
Basic User

Basic User
3/31/2015 3:34:16 PM reply with quote send message to mournebrake Object to Post

This is such a great idea, lets all work together to make it as good as we can. If everyone tries to get the top breed SOP %'s emailed to help@sdchronicle.com we can help with that request.
 Almost Heaven
Basic User

Basic User
3/31/2015 9:29:16 PM reply with quote send message to Almost Heaven Object to Post

Almost Heaven
Basic User

Basic User
3/31/2015 9:31:13 PM reply with quote send message to Almost Heaven Object to Post

Also can I make one small comment on the site itself? The light blue text on white is very difficult for me to read. sad :(

The site itself looks AMAZING and you are doing a wonderful thing.
 Almost Heaven
Basic User

Basic User
3/31/2015 9:40:02 PM reply with quote send message to Almost Heaven Object to Post

unless someone knows otherwise, I believe this girl is the highest Siberian Husky

www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=13877512
 King Blazzo Kennels
Premium Member

Premium Member
3/31/2015 9:54:48 PM reply with quote send message to King Blazzo Kennels Object to Post

looks great.
 Aussiewolfsister
Premium Member

Premium Member
3/31/2015 10:43:27 PM reply with quote send message to Aussiewolfsister Object to Post

Looks very good - thank you for putting the time and effort into it happy :)
 DragonFire Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
3/31/2015 11:33:59 PM reply with quote send message to DragonFire Kennels Object to Post

It is fantastic! Excellent work.
 terryterrier
Premium Member

Premium Member
4/1/2015 7:01:37 AM reply with quote send message to terryterrier Object to Post

Love it!

Also, loved the little news flashes, with my Citron Cosmology on there too!

Thanks for the hard work!
 rhondacline
Basic User

Basic User
4/1/2015 12:18:35 PM reply with quote send message to rhondacline Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Thank you for the kind words! They are much appreciated.

I have to say I have really enjoyed working on the project. Hopefully, we'll have breed info submitted and top SOP info so that we can fill in all the 'blanks'

and I would love to see some ads! (Hint, Hint) *Edited to add these are Free (be sure to include any credits for images on the ad)

In response to the text color - I have to admit that I am using the site host's website builder and it's - uhm ... different; unlike anything I've ever used in the past. I have the choice of a darker blue, a medium blue and a lighter blue for text. I suppose that is due to the "theme" I chose. But I literally can't change the font color to black and I can't access the html of the page, so I'm not able to change it there either.
So for the time being, I'm just making do with what I have.

I am certainly open to suggestions if there is something you would like to see added.
Feel free to send me a note through this account or at help@sdchronicle.com

-----
Last edited by rhondacline on 4/1/2015 12:20:01 PM
 CelebrationHounds
Basic User

Basic User
4/1/2015 12:35:58 PM reply with quote send message to CelebrationHounds Object to Post

Unless anyone knows different I think this is the current top SOP in Otterhounds with 91.30

www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=13885819
 Skylos Elysium
Basic User

Basic User
4/1/2015 1:00:14 PM reply with quote send message to Skylos Elysium Object to Post

I am currently messaging the other top breeders of Great Danes to find the top SOP.

I believe it may be this guy at 98.75 www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=13905648 but am not 100% sure. I know he is higher than any stud listed but obviously did not check every Great Dane in the game.
 Rosa Nera
Basic User

Basic User
4/1/2015 1:06:50 PM reply with quote send message to Rosa Nera Object to Post

This unnamed pup is the highest SOP Malamute www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=13875182
 mournebrake
Basic User

Basic User
4/1/2015 2:31:08 PM reply with quote send message to mournebrake Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

I believe this unnamed pup is the highest SOP in Pumis with 81.50
www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=13905640

-----
Last edited by mournebrake on 4/1/2015 2:32:22 PM
 CountryStrong Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
4/1/2015 11:38:06 PM reply with quote send message to CountryStrong Kennels Object to Post

Replies in this thread : 29
Page : 1 2
<< prev page next page >>

Did you know?
Judges are generally certified to judge one or several breeds, usually in the same group, but a few "all-breed" judges have the training and experience to judge large numbers of breeds.