Search

.com Forum · Alpha Dog Forum

Replies in this thread : 6

Author Topic : New Points schedules for majors
 mournebrake
Basic User

System.__ComObject
4/1/2015 3:29:41 AM reply with quote send message to mournebrake Object to Post   

I'm confused - we only need 6 bitches in Borzois for a 5 pt major yet we need 9 bitches for a 5 pt major in Bergamasco's! This seems wrong as there are loads more Borzoi than Bergamasco, even less chance to make up a CH in one of the rarer breeds.
 Charmason
Premium Member

Premium Member
4/1/2015 5:23:28 AM reply with quote send message to Charmason Object to Post

How have the entries been in that breed last month? If they were consistently over the schedule of points then it tends to rise the next month.

Have a look at Kerry blue terriers which are actually down this month, but a major is very hard to achieve, even when entering every sessioned dog you have. This is due to massive entries from kennels in one show, rather than spreading the entry across all the shows held in a day.
 mournebrake
Basic User

Basic User
4/1/2015 2:14:47 PM reply with quote send message to mournebrake Object to Post

The thing is one kennel can enter all their dogs to make up a CH or 2 for themselves and no other kennels are showing (maybe because we don't have any dogs sessioned enough) then the next month all the other kennels enter to try and give us all a chance of a major and the big kennel doesn't but hey even with 3 kennels (out of 4 in the breed) we still can't raise enough of either sex for a major.
 SKYY Whippets
Basic User

Basic User
4/1/2015 7:57:28 PM reply with quote send message to SKYY Whippets Object to Post

Most Borzoi entries seem really spread out... 3-4 in every show and one might have more. If all the dogs in your breed show in one show each night, that would impact point schedule.
 mournebrake
Basic User

Basic User
4/2/2015 4:15:51 AM reply with quote send message to mournebrake Object to Post

How often are the figures re-calculated then? This is the first time I've had notification of a revision in my breeds points schedules
 Drake Creek Meadows
Basic User

Basic User
4/2/2015 4:18:12 AM reply with quote send message to Drake Creek Meadows Object to Post

They re calculate at the beginning of every month, so it sounds like it may be a long month Bergamasco -.-'
 mournebrake
Basic User

Basic User
4/2/2015 3:39:11 PM reply with quote send message to mournebrake Object to Post

Lol - all my dogs will just have to do more obedience then

Replies in this thread : 6

Did you know?
In the American Kennel Club, a dog needs 15 points to become a Champion, with each win gaining anywhere from zero to five points depending on the number of dogs competing and the area where the show is held.