Search

.com Forum · Brags

Replies in this thread : 7

Author Topic : long story straight
 Pearl City
Basic User

System.__ComObject
4/1/2015 5:26:16 AM reply with quote send message to Pearl City Object to Post   

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Let me tell you this; every single day I log in and I feel like I want to leave my main breed. This is every single day. I have never been ahead of the game in my breed. My gang has always been a couple of sops lower than the rest, I constantly have the most crappiest litters in town, people almost never buy from me or use my studs, so the bank is always low. I sustain my time and energy in other breeds to really distact me from the disappointment Aussies brings me. But there have always been this one thing; my dogs have incredible show shine or something. I'm telling you, I have campaign dogs who just wouldn't cut it, yet they get show wins that no one would imagine. Look at the bitch, www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=13808896 I somehow had this feeling like she would show, maybe get some points, not sure she would finish, but its been so long since I've shown anything, I figured why not? See, today she won 2nd in Show. I honestly couldnt belive me eyes, after I FH about four whole litters and feeling quite down. I started thinking maybe that is why I stay in this breed; for little moments like these were I know I can take the prize all against the big dogs. I'm so addicted, its like my crack. Now if only I hadn't bred her, she would have continued showing, but she wil be out for like eight days from the ring. Poop.

-----
Last edited by Pearl City on 4/1/2015 5:30:40 AM
 K D And E Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
4/1/2015 11:21:20 AM reply with quote send message to K D And E Kennels Object to Post

She's a pretty little girl. Congrats on your show placement.

PS You know I love Pearl City pups!
 mournebrake
Basic User

Basic User
4/1/2015 2:27:30 PM reply with quote send message to mournebrake Object to Post

And me I love Pearl City pups too !!
 Pearl City
Basic User

Basic User
4/1/2015 2:54:01 PM reply with quote send message to Pearl City Object to Post

Hey, you guys saw something in my kennel and I'm greatful you guys have used my dogs as foundation. Like I said in the main post; I sometimes feel like crap. So, when someone buys a puppy (and that pup wins big) or uses my studs (and the stud produced well), I just get so happy. I try to make connections because its one of the things that keeps me going. If not, I would have long been gone (which I have done, when I took a hiatus for two years, lol).
 Larchwood Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
4/1/2015 10:47:28 PM reply with quote send message to Larchwood Kennels Object to Post

I just got started in Aussies a short while ago after a year long hiatus from Showdog, and my very first homebred brood bitch is out of a Pear City girl I used as my foundation bitch. I was very happy with her and I hope her daughter will give me nice puppies like her mom did happy :)

www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=13856255

Pearl City
Basic User

Basic User
4/1/2015 11:09:33 PM reply with quote send message to Pearl City Object to Post

Pika is a cool name. I like it! I hope you have better luck with litters than I. I would have shown that bitch, you never know, lol razz :p but she is a nice brood too. I self-loathe about my kennel yet I want others to be more successful than me. Haha, that makes no sense. I'm just weird and being moody, lol. Thank God, I found an old banner that I had made, the slogan says "if I can survive, so can you" and in a sense that totally fits in with what Im feeling.

-----
Last edited by Pearl City on 4/1/2015 11:11:58 PM
 Chorus
Basic User

Basic User
4/3/2015 8:01:24 AM reply with quote send message to Chorus Object to Post

Deleted.

-----
Last edited by Chorus on 4/3/2015 8:02:12 AM
 westray
Basic User

Basic User
4/3/2015 8:02:44 AM reply with quote send message to westray Object to Post

Congrats on Star of the Valley, looks like she will grand no problem after her litter!

Lots of my dogs go back to yours including www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=10539780 ... her son was very influential.

I have been up and down in this breed over the years. Sometimes really up on SOP and wins, like now . . . other times a struggle. I do find because it's so competitive that it's very hard to do well in this breed without a full 30-35 dog kennel devoted to it. I have a top Borzoi kennel with only half the kennel Borzoi but I can't do that in Aussies!

Westray

Replies in this thread : 7

Did you know?
In the American Kennel Club, a dog needs 15 points to become a Champion, with each win gaining anywhere from zero to five points depending on the number of dogs competing and the area where the show is held.