Search

.com Forum · Alpha Dog Forum

Replies in this thread : 6

Author Topic : No handler judges
 Stoneriggs
Basic User

System.__ComObject
4/16/2015 1:00:56 PM reply with quote send message to Stoneriggs Object to Post   

What's happened to all the no handler judges. It's getting very difficult to enter shows now because early entries take up the handlers. If it keeps up I'm just going to stop entering I've got dogs easily good enough to finish not getting a fair shot. Must be a nightmare in the more popular breeds.
 PPvallhunds
Basic User

Basic User
4/16/2015 4:33:47 PM reply with quote send message to PPvallhunds Object to Post

Judges are now randomly assigned to shows as the certain judges were being picked so often.

You just have to enter shows way in advance to get the best handlers, that's how it was done before owner handler judges were added.
 rhondacline
Basic User

Basic User
4/16/2015 4:37:55 PM reply with quote send message to rhondacline Object to Post

Looking at my spreadsheet there are still 4 judges who prefer Owner/Handlers.

Bruce Bass - George Hunter - Mark Wilson - Roosevelt Bomar

.. I personally wish there were less "Prefers Dogs" judges. I count 11 of those currently.

I really wish that judges "retired" after 7-10 SD years ... AND ... while I'm wishing... I wish that handlers "retired" after a set number of years as well. I'd love to see some new faces!

It would be nice to mix it up a little...
 Stoneriggs
Basic User

Basic User
4/17/2015 8:53:32 AM reply with quote send message to Stoneriggs Object to Post

Just seems like you making up the numbers sometimes.

Maybe retiring handlers might be an option. Just to mix it up a bit.
 Blue Water
Basic User

Basic User
4/17/2015 9:19:31 AM reply with quote send message to Blue Water Object to Post

there are still judges out there who "aren't political" and you don't need top handler to win under.
 SL Whippets
Basic User

Basic User
4/29/2015 5:48:10 PM reply with quote send message to SL Whippets Object to Post

.. I personally wish there were less "Prefers Dogs" judges. I count 11 of those currently.

Totally agree... makes it very hard to campaign a top bitch.
 Aces Wild Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
5/1/2015 8:25:11 PM reply with quote send message to Aces Wild Kennels Object to Post

Add Rachel Barnette to the list, though it seems she's retiring soon.

Replies in this thread : 6

Did you know?
The two largest American dog shows after Westminster are the National Dog Show (which is televised on Thanksgiving Day by NBC, usually after the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade) and the AKC/Eukanuba National Championship.