Search

.com Forum · Banner Making Forum

Replies in this thread : 5

Author Topic : Opinions...It's Been A Long Long Time
 Semper Fidelis Kennels
Basic User

System.__ComObject
4/21/2015 9:02:22 PM reply with quote send message to Semper Fidelis Kennels Object to Post   

Hi everyone,

I know there are a lot of new faces to the forum, but I'm wondering if there are some still here that remember me. I'm in a different kennel now but used to be Sierra Mist Mountain Kennels and Nordlich Kennels. I made a lot of banners in the past, but school has taken over my life lol. Anyway, I had a little time tonight and made a banner for my new kennel and wanted to know what y'all thought. I may open orders in a couple of weeks...I finally have a free summer! But for now...here is my newest creation...I'm very rusty..lol

Thanks in advance!

~Semper Fi happy :)
 Chaos and Havoc
Basic User

Basic User
4/22/2015 7:21:55 AM reply with quote send message to Chaos and Havoc Object to Post

I think it looks fantastic!

I also make banners - I usually post from my 'Dalkeith' kennel.

I remember Sierra Mist kennel happy :)

Welcome back!
 WishMaker
Premium Member

Premium Member
4/22/2015 10:57:01 AM reply with quote send message to WishMaker Object to Post

Very pretty and yes I remember you wink ;) Glad to see you back again.

WishMaker
 PPvallhunds
Basic User

Basic User
4/22/2015 1:48:06 PM reply with quote send message to PPvallhunds Object to Post

I rember Sierra Mist. Welcome back.

Ok so here is my opyion of your banner overall a great banner.

Things I like
The cropping is very good and you have blended the dogs with the grass well. The text stands out so you can clearly read it but it's not what draws your eye first (the gsd draws my eye first) which I like.
Nice use of the brushes and the colours go together.
You have also entered the sources and I can read them but they don't stand out which is good.

Things I'd change
I'd like it if the white dogs frount was made lighter as it doesn't stand out as much as the gsd due to the lighting I'd say as the gsd is lit up all along its side but the white dog is dark on its side.
I'd personaly have the soldiers either a bit smaller so they are only in the sky or fade them out over the grass. As I think they show up better in the sky but not so well in the yellowey grass. Or maby make the grass a more greener shade see if that makes them show up better.
 Clay Creek Falls
Basic User

Basic User
4/22/2015 10:50:53 PM reply with quote send message to Clay Creek Falls Object to Post

Welcome back Sierra Mist! I too remember you aswell happy :)

Looks great so far, however I'd try to lighten up the white dog as the lighting on him doesn't match the rest of the banner. Also I think the far left corner is a bit too busy with all of the overlay stuff, but that could just be me. Also I love the brushes/feather type thingy you've done around the outside happy :)

Lindsey
 Semper Fidelis Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
4/24/2015 12:30:02 PM reply with quote send message to Semper Fidelis Kennels Object to Post

Thank you everyone for the welcome back's and the input! happy :)

Replies in this thread : 5

Did you know?
The largest and most prestigious dog show in America is the Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show, was established in 1877 and is held annually at Madison Square Garden in New York City.