Search

.com Forum · Beginner Forum

Replies in this thread : 2

Author Topic : Need some help
 tommykait
Basic User

System.__ComObject
4/24/2015 5:10:07 AM reply with quote send message to tommykait Object to Post   

All I need to know is how do I pick out of my pups which to keep and which to sell ?
 Glittering
Basic User

Basic User
4/24/2015 5:36:00 AM reply with quote send message to Glittering Object to Post

Keep the highest sop pups if they are competitive.

If the highest sop females are better than yours, keep them for breeding. If they're really good keep them for showing.

Unless you have a rare colour or a particularly good trait like head or coat, either sell or forever home the rest.
 rhondacline
Basic User

Basic User
4/24/2015 6:15:03 AM reply with quote send message to rhondacline Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

** #1 – you need to change your puppy food – to Pet House for Puppies (Old Boy will cause the puppy’s condition to decrease) - When you decide on your show puppy you will want to change to Super Duper Puppy.

(It looks like you have already made your choice, but I am going to post my answer anyway in case it is helpful to others.

If you look at my recent post “Beginners Guide” there is a section on selecting a show puppy.
The process is basically the same.

When you chose the stud dog you would have compared traits to find the most compatible match for your girl. Look at those traits again to refresh your memory. We want to pay special attention to the traits that are important for your breed.

Now, let’s look at the puppies – I use the table view – to compare 1st - the important traits for your breed and 2nd - the remaining traits.

Is there one puppy that stands out? Great! Your job was easy. If there are two or more puppies that are ‘close' - You will need to compare those puppies, the good traits vs the bad traits, important traits vs not as important traits, show shine – then make the best decision you can.

Again, take a look at the Beginners Guide post for additional notes.

Remember, as a ‘Basic’ account – your dog limit is 5. Since you currently have 5 adult dogs you will need to move someone out before the puppies turn 14 days or you will be over your limit.

I would also caution that unless you are planning on subscribing - you only need to keep puppies you plan to show. *The others can be sold - as 'Basic' accounts have breeding rights for the first month only.

Hope this is helpful!
Rhonda

-----
Last edited by rhondacline on 4/24/2015 6:17:15 AM

Replies in this thread : 2

Did you know?
The figure 8 exercise requires the team to heel in a figure 8 pattern either on or off leash. Generally two of the ring stewards will assist the judge with this exercise by acting as "posts", standing 8 feet apart, that the team walks around to form the loops of the figure 8.