Search

.com Forum · Bug Reporting and Suggestions

Replies in this thread : 13

Author Topic : How about BISS added to titles?
 mournebrake
Basic User

System.__ComObject
4/24/2015 6:59:38 AM reply with quote send message to mournebrake Object to Post   

Anyone think the BISS award should be recognised in our dog's titles in front of it's name?

ie BISS GCH CH UD Anyone For Titles

I think it would be a nice addition.
 rhondacline
Basic User

Basic User
4/24/2015 11:50:52 AM reply with quote send message to rhondacline Object to Post

I think it would be great!

Astoria2
Basic User

Basic User
4/24/2015 4:57:28 PM reply with quote send message to Astoria2 Object to Post

It's not a 'title' though, it's a win. Just like BIS isn't a title and therefore not added in front of the names.

I agree that its important and special, but i don't think they need to be added.
 Kievan Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
4/24/2015 5:20:36 PM reply with quote send message to Kievan Kennels Object to Post

I think a Best In Specialty Show counter should be added to show stats so we can "see" the wins. I know it's a BOB win but still..
 mournebrake
Basic User

Basic User
4/24/2015 6:03:33 PM reply with quote send message to mournebrake Object to Post

Thing is winning BISS might be commonplace for certain kennels but for others it might be 'once in a game' kinda win so I think it should be reflected.

We are back on the 'if it's not broke then don't mess with it' wagon again. On one hand we want more people playing, but on the other we don't seem that keen to 'give' any more recognition for people playing.

I'm beginning to see why I left the game last time, nothing new being offered so after the initial 'rush' of playing I'm getting frustrated - I've run out of obedience awards to win, I have dogs in 'rarer' breeds who have GCH CH UD titles, have won BISS but can't gain anything else in any other disciplines. I play every day, look forward to reading the forums, can't wait for new puppies to arrive, or to see show results, but I'd like something new to look forward to.
 rhondacline
Basic User

Basic User
4/24/2015 6:16:21 PM reply with quote send message to rhondacline Object to Post

I agree completely with Mournebrake

Kievan Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
4/24/2015 6:18:46 PM reply with quote send message to Kievan Kennels Object to Post

You opened your post up asking people for their opinions. Not everyone will agree with you.
 rhondacline
Basic User

Basic User
4/24/2015 6:21:06 PM reply with quote send message to rhondacline Object to Post

As for BISS..

I understand that BIS and BISS aren't titles, but I also know that in every breed magazine I read those non-titles are front and center.

They are accomplishments to be recognized and I wouldn't mind seeing them on my dog's name and pedigrees.

mournebrake
Basic User

Basic User
4/25/2015 5:18:40 AM reply with quote send message to mournebrake Object to Post

posted by Kievan Kennels
You opened your post up asking people for their opinions. Not everyone will agree with you.
No I agree totally that discussion should be open to all, but why is it always you that disagrees? Are you against any improvements in SD or is it just my posts that rub you up the wrong way?
 Sombra Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
4/25/2015 7:27:09 AM reply with quote send message to Sombra Kennels Object to Post

BIS and BISS are listed in advertising and things, just like Group Winning, etc.
I put those wins in my dogs call names and kennels banners and things.

I like that this game follows AKC show scene for a huge majority. In no rankings does it list BIS/BISS
 Kievan Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
4/25/2015 8:08:36 AM reply with quote send message to Kievan Kennels Object to Post

If you notice, I didn't even comment on your suggestion because I don't care either way. I only responded to see how it could be improved upon, which I will always do.
I was referring to Astoria's post. They are allowed to disagree for very practical reasons.

www.akc.org/events/titles/

Also, if you are going to take my posts personally, that is your problem, not mine. I play devil's advocate in most posts to further conversation, examine issues, etc., for the sake of keeping this game 'realistic' and interesting.
I will continue to respectfully agree and disagree. If you feel I am being disrespectful in my posts, please let me know.
 Kalynda
Basic User

Basic User
4/26/2015 7:02:15 AM reply with quote send message to Kalynda Object to Post

Agree with adding it as a counter and not a title.

It's important to me that the game try to maintain a semblance to AKC so I don't agree with adding a title that is not a title.

JMO
K
 Analeyn
Basic User

Basic User
4/26/2015 7:00:31 PM reply with quote send message to Analeyn Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Perhaps it is more the tone in your posts that rubs people the wrong way. Suggesting a change is perfectly fine, but if you are unwilling to consider contrasting opinions then why put the idea up for discussion.

There is plenty of recognition on this game if you are willing to see it. Titles and awards aren't everything. Ranking and prestige are highly coveted and what I consider to be the true accomplishments in the game.

Astoria's point that BISS is a win, not a title, is no doubt the reasoning behind why it hasn't been added, and I agree. Maybe a BISS badge, like the merit badges, could be added to the dog's page. Or a small blue ribbon icon could be added next to the dog's name on kennel pages.

Analeyn

-----
Last edited by Analeyn on 4/26/2015 7:00:56 PM
 Beach Dunes
Basic User

Basic User
4/26/2015 8:23:00 PM reply with quote send message to Beach Dunes Object to Post

I think that it's a nice idea to try to add but I agree with the fact that it isn't an actual title. Maybe instead we could put a 'badge' or something of some sorts for each months national specialty BOB winner. But I host 3 to 4 specialties a month for my breed and adding the 'title' would begin to not be anything too outstanding because many dogs would have it.

Replies in this thread : 13

Did you know?
A specialty show may be regional or national. A "Best in Show" win at a national specialty show is tremendously prestigious, indicating that the winning dog or bitch triumphed at a contest which attracted entries from the most serious fanciers of that breed in the country or continent. Some specialty shows attract international entries.