Search

.com Forum · Beginner Forum

Replies in this thread : 4

Author Topic : show shine ?
 tommykait
Basic User

System.__ComObject
4/25/2015 7:55:34 PM reply with quote send message to tommykait Object to Post   

just a little question, how do I raise my show shine up ?
 Kievan Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
4/25/2015 8:11:55 PM reply with quote send message to Kievan Kennels Object to Post

You can't - it is considered a stat and can't change:

www.showdog.com/help/topic.aspx?id=63

It's not always a deal breaker when showing, however, depending on your breed, but 20 is the goal.
 tommykait
Basic User

Basic User
4/26/2015 1:24:14 AM reply with quote send message to tommykait Object to Post

cheers, but she would still be good for breeding if all other stats are good ?
 Dream What May
Premium Member

Premium Member
4/26/2015 3:38:31 AM reply with quote send message to Dream What May Object to Post

if she has good trait numbers for her breed and the SS is close to 20 anything over 18.7 it would be worth a shot keeping her for breeding, just be aware when you do breed most of the litter will also inherit her low SS.
 CS Astronomical
Basic User

Basic User
4/26/2015 7:50:16 AM reply with quote send message to CS Astronomical Object to Post

Just breed her back to a dog with 20 SS with ancestors with 20 SS. You will have a good chance of getting a puppy with higher show shine. Depending how low her SS is and how good her other traits, it might be worth showing her. I've had good luck with dogs with SS down to 19 in competitive breeds, put a grand CH on a couple of them-if the other overall traits are really good. I tend to keep the best puppy traitwise in the litter even if the SS is not 20.

If you are looking at the SOP for the overall quality of the dogs, if the SS is not 20, you can subtract the SS from 20 and add half of that number to the existing SOP to get the theoretical SOP (if the SS had been 20). so if the SOP is 95, with a SS of 18.5:
20-18.5=1.5
1.5 divided by 2=.75
95 plus .75=95.75 theoretical SOP

If the theoretical SOP is competitive with the highest dogs in the breed, try showing...you might be surprised!

Replies in this thread : 4

Did you know?
In the United Kingdom, the international championship show Crufts was first held in 1891.