Search

.com Forum · Beginner Forum

Replies in this thread : 4

Author Topic : inbreeding
 tommykait
Basic User

System.__ComObject
4/26/2015 2:26:31 AM reply with quote send message to tommykait Object to Post   

if a dog with COL of 4.15 and one with COL 12.50 are breed together and they have completely different blood line will there COL come down in the next generations ?
 Sombra Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
4/26/2015 7:34:22 AM reply with quote send message to Sombra Kennels Object to Post

It all depends on who you breed them to. The COI for the potential litter can be seen when you hit breed on the female and are on the page to choose to breed to the stud.
The COI of the litter could be 0 or could be much higher depending on how similar the ancestors are between the parents and how many generations back.
Same for lowering it in future generations- it all depends who you breed to.
I hope this answered your question.
 PPvallhunds
Basic User

Basic User
4/26/2015 12:45:57 PM reply with quote send message to PPvallhunds Object to Post

Also keep in mind that a coi upto 15% will have no negative effect on the litter. The higher over 15% the more it will effect them.
 Lilliput
Basic User

Basic User
4/26/2015 4:44:08 PM reply with quote send message to Lilliput Object to Post

I believe the short answer is that so long as the parents are completely unrelated to EACH OTHER- ie, they share no common ancestors between them- it doesn't matter how high their individual COIs are, the COI of the pups will be zero. happy :)
 tommykait
Basic User

Basic User
4/26/2015 7:37:01 PM reply with quote send message to tommykait Object to Post

thanks all that really helped me out, I should be all good then happy :)

Replies in this thread : 4

Did you know?
The third obedience title is a UD, or "Utility Dog", which is earned through competition in the Utility obedience class