Search

.com Forum · Alpha Dog Forum

Replies in this thread : 11

Author Topic : Multiple Basic accounts
 Lanakila Corgis
Premium Member

System.__ComObject
4/27/2015 10:24:21 PM reply with quote send message to Lanakila Corgis Object to Post   

Ok, so I thought that you were only allowed to have 1 Basic account in addition to your Premium account..... I am pretty sure there is a person in my breed that has several Basic accounts, and uses them to purchase dogs from their main account and then enters all of the dogs in shows every night. Is it now ok to have several Basic accounts?
 King Blazzo Kennels
Premium Member

Premium Member
4/27/2015 11:15:42 PM reply with quote send message to King Blazzo Kennels Object to Post

to my knowledge no. you are still only allowed one basic per premium.
 Gypsy Wind Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
4/28/2015 2:08:59 AM reply with quote send message to Gypsy Wind Kennels Object to Post

Yeah, I would think thats reportable.
 mournebrake
Basic User

Basic User
4/28/2015 3:00:06 AM reply with quote send message to mournebrake Object to Post

Why not just wait and see what they enter, then at the last minute enter the dog/s you want majors with. Beware of 'cutting off your nose to spite your face'. Shopping them might be the worst thing you do if your breed needs dogs entered to make majors.
 PPvallhunds
Basic User

Basic User
4/28/2015 6:38:04 AM reply with quote send message to PPvallhunds Object to Post

Nope still not allowed, your best off contacting admin with links to the kennels and why you believe it's the Same person.
 PPvallhunds
Basic User

Basic User
4/28/2015 6:41:40 AM reply with quote send message to PPvallhunds Object to Post

It should still be reported as if true they are breaking the rules to gain an unfair advantage.
Also if they are entering lots of dogs it will push up how many dogs you need to beat to get a major any way so if they were stopped people playing with in the rules will then need to enter less dogs to get majors when the point schedules are updated.
 Lanakila Corgis
Premium Member

Premium Member
4/28/2015 8:49:37 AM reply with quote send message to Lanakila Corgis Object to Post

They will enter all of these dogs close to midnight, and if I enter, then they pull all of the dogs and put them in another show. They always enter enough to make a 5 point major, so yes, it will drive up the point scale in a breed that does not need that. They must waste a ton of money every day, entering all of those dogs from all of those kennels, and then paying the $25 withdrawal fee on all of them if I enter. But then, they barely session the dogs prior to showing them....
 Kievan Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
4/28/2015 9:00:24 AM reply with quote send message to Kievan Kennels Object to Post

Just report it. If your suspicions are correct, Admin will see the same IP for all accounts. Not worth having the schedule go up for next month for someone with too much time on their hands..
 Merryvale Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
4/28/2015 4:12:36 PM reply with quote send message to Merryvale Kennels Object to Post

Admin doesn't seem to care, apparently its not a game spoiling issue! I reported someone several times over the period of at least a month yet still they got away with it. I didn't even get acknowledgement of my emails! One last try and I said I would cancel my multi-family account if nothing was done .... Admin cancelled my subscriptions for me! Guess multiple basics take priority over paying players lol.
 VV`s
Basic User

Basic User
4/28/2015 4:40:24 PM reply with quote send message to VV`s Object to Post

Unfortunately this happens in a number of breeds, particularly one in the top 5 difficulty breeds. There are multiple kennels owned by the same person (presumably) who over enter constantly, in handler shows, just adding handlers to the best dogs. Stud dogs are used by multiple kennels without being on the stud list. Dogs change hands without turning up on the for sale list. Not sure I would have noticed if they hadn't accidentally entered a owner-handler show and put handlers on all the dogs.

Another breed I have, has kennels who avoid competing with one another so much that they put on their own shows every couple of days so they are assured of a win.

I decided long ago to put a positive spin on this and view it as a challenge. Quite frustrating but little victories every so often.

Lanakila Corgis
Premium Member

Premium Member
4/28/2015 7:25:07 PM reply with quote send message to Lanakila Corgis Object to Post

I did send Admin a message with the names of the kennels involved, and Jeff has already messaged me back that some of those kennels will be shut down today. So, apparently they were cheating. It's just nice when people follow the rules.
 Treestand Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
4/28/2015 7:26:21 PM reply with quote send message to Treestand Kennel Object to Post

I would message admin as well. I have had great success with admin replying to me. He has never not acknowledged a message I have sent.

Best of luck in this situation! I am lucky to not have to deal with this in my breeds (I think!).

Replies in this thread : 11

Did you know?
The third obedience title is a UD, or "Utility Dog", which is earned through competition in the Utility obedience class