Search

.com Forum · Obedience Forum

Replies in this thread : 7

Author Topic : Not getting any novice Qs with 19 and 20s
 Bestbritts
Basic User

System.__ComObject
5/4/2015 4:56:09 AM reply with quote send message to Bestbritts Object to Post   

I started obedience and was titling dogs with all 19s. Now I can't get a qualifying score at all with dogs who have 19 and 20s, is there a bug or something and foes anyone else have this problem at the moment?
 mournebrake
Basic User

Basic User
5/4/2015 10:30:17 AM reply with quote send message to mournebrake Object to Post

I can Q with 18's. Send me links to dogs you can't Q with, I'll have a look.
 mournebrake
Basic User

Basic User
5/4/2015 10:33:31 AM reply with quote send message to mournebrake Object to Post

Don't forget you Q with lower numbers (ie 18's) if your dog is show obedience trained to 20.
 Bestbritts
Basic User

Basic User
5/4/2015 6:12:24 PM reply with quote send message to Bestbritts Object to Post

Thanks. Here is one www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=13863274 , has 20 for hol and long sit, everything else is 19. He has NQ 10 times, usually stand for exam. Maybe I should try show training and see if it helps, show training is 5 but it was around 19 for the dogs I titled in obedience earlier
 Kievan Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
5/4/2015 6:33:46 PM reply with quote send message to Kievan Kennels Object to Post

Not an expert but doesn't Show Obedience have to be 20?
 Bestbritts
Basic User

Basic User
5/5/2015 4:49:01 AM reply with quote send message to Bestbritts Object to Post

I didn't realise that show obedience was counted, time to work on it
 mournebrake
Basic User

Basic User
5/5/2015 1:14:46 PM reply with quote send message to mournebrake Object to Post

Show obedience IS necessary for Qualifying - If you get show obedience to 20 whilst sessioning/training obedience exercises and wait until it is 20 and all CD exercises are 18 BEFORE entering your dogs WILL Q CD within 5 shows (first 2 shows are gaining experience so very unusual to Q first or second time out). Good Luck.

ps NQ Stand for Exam IS due to low show obedience, nothing else.
 mournebrake
Basic User

Basic User
5/5/2015 1:17:08 PM reply with quote send message to mournebrake Object to Post

I have no idea if Muscle tone counts towards obedience - I would have thought it might. All my obedience dogs are sessioned to 20 obedience/condition/muscle/coat because they are shown conformation too.

Replies in this thread : 7

The Kennel Club (UK) system, which is also used by the Australian National Kennel Council[1] and in other countries, is considered the most difficult to earn a title under.