.com Forum · Alaskan Malamute

Replies in this thread : 34
Page : 1 2
<< prev page next page >>

Author Topic : New Alaskan Malamute Community Thread
 CS Astronomical
Basic User

System.__ComObject
5/6/2015 5:50:41 PM reply with quote send message to CS Astronomical Object to Post   

I'm starting a new community thread because of the issue of the other community thread not showing up on the forum page (at least for some of us). The link to the other thread is below.

www.showdog.com/forum/read.aspx?id=386287&recordnum=0

To paraphrase CountryStrong (who paraphrased Drake):

This is a little thing that I’m starting to attempt to wake this forum up a bit, and stir up some more communication within the breed. Hope it works.

This is basically a thread designed to get everyone talking. Chime in about your accomplishments, post your brags, and advertise studs and sales, talk about color breeding, post your progress, discuss traits and trait breeding, request things, whatever you like; anything goes here… For that matter it doesn’t even necessarily need to be breed related discussion, you can go off-topic if you want as long as you don’t hijack this post with it.
 CS Astronomical
Basic User

Basic User
5/6/2015 6:04:46 PM reply with quote send message to CS Astronomical Object to Post

to start off, congrats to all on recent accomplishments!

SKL-a 10 in gait!! congrats!!

I had a nice surprise in my litter today, got a 96.35 pup!

also having to cut down my kennel, so put a bunch of nice dogs up for sale, including the sire and dam of the pup I got today (the sire also got a 2nd in show last week). If you are interested in any, make an offer. Most have a 9.8 in either head or size.

GCH Tavin Ice Robin 95.85
www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=13838642

Ch. CirclingSky Toe Pick 95.8
www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=13852932

Ch Kianya Locksley 95.7 (2in show)
www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=13892931

95.9 dog puppy
www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=13892931

95.9 bitch puppy
www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=13998499

95.95 dog puppy
www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=13998504

Sorry for the sales lists, just wanted to give them a chance to sell!

Alaskanmist
Basic User

Basic User
5/7/2015 2:07:42 AM reply with quote send message to Alaskanmist Object to Post

Congrats on the new pup! laugh :D that's 3 boys now I believe with that SOP going to be exciting once they all hit the ring!
 SKL Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
5/8/2015 6:54:35 PM reply with quote send message to SKL Kennel Object to Post

Thanks for starting a new thread so we can keep up! I bought the mother of your new pup actually... Congrats!!
 SKL Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
5/8/2015 11:26:26 PM reply with quote send message to SKL Kennel Object to Post

Specialty added on the 12th!
 Drake Creek Meadows
Basic User

Basic User
5/9/2015 3:07:53 AM reply with quote send message to Drake Creek Meadows Object to Post

Huge congrats on the pup CS! Look at all this progress in the breed lately, it's awesome. ^^

Anyway, there is no need for a new thread, the issue that's causing the other one to not show up should be resolved soon, so no worries. happy :)

Thanks for the specialty SKL! ^^ Always much appreciated. happy :)

Also just want to announce that Drakes Euphoric Delirium championed tonight:

www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=13896006

This makes the dog with the lowest showshine that I have ever finished at 18, and also the lowest showshine I'd attempt to finish. razz :p This makes me happy, I will no be trying for this guys GCH, don't know if he can do it or not, but's he's definitely got the quality going for him. happy :)
 CS Astronomical
Basic User

Basic User
5/9/2015 5:56:27 AM reply with quote send message to CS Astronomical Object to Post

Congrats Drake! That is quite an accomplishment, especially in such a competitive breed!

and no worries on which thread, at the least I put the link to the other one in my first post on this one, so people can find it even if they don't know its there (say that 10 times fast). I didn't want to bother Jeff with it and wasn't sure if it would be an easy fix. However, if you know what caused the issue, I'd be curious to know why it disappeared!

And thanks for the speciality SKL! Will get some pups entered!
 Drake Creek Meadows
Basic User

Basic User
5/10/2015 4:44:54 AM reply with quote send message to Drake Creek Meadows Object to Post

Thanks, it wasn't easy but it was worth it. happy :)

Oh and, I have no idea what's causing the issue with the other thread, but I contacted Jeff, so it should be resolved. Similar things have happened to other large community threads that were fixed, so it should be an easy fix.
 Alaskanmist
Basic User

Basic User
5/11/2015 7:10:35 PM reply with quote send message to Alaskanmist Object to Post

I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who is holding a specialty at the moment it has been really good to have these additional shows during the quiet period of normal shows!
 CS Astronomical
Basic User

Basic User
5/11/2015 8:11:56 PM reply with quote send message to CS Astronomical Object to Post

I second Alaskanmist! Thanks all for hosting specialities!

so I had some really good litters arrive tonight. I listed the following:

Male 96.1 SOP $150
www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=14012487

Male 96.0 SOP $100
www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=14012485

as well as several other pups with nice traits. I really need a bigger kennel-LOL!!

Alaskanmist
Basic User

Basic User
5/12/2015 1:23:02 AM reply with quote send message to Alaskanmist Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

I had a litter settle tonight and I am really struggling to FH these 2 puppies, would anyone have a home for them?

www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=14013226

www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=14013221

-----
Last edited by Alaskanmist on 5/12/2015 1:24:44 AM
 SKL Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
5/12/2015 8:19:40 AM reply with quote send message to SKL Kennel Object to Post

My first Malamute Best In Show, and a BISS winner as well. I feel so honor given the high level of competition in this breed!!!

www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=13912901
 CS Astronomical
Basic User

Basic User
5/12/2015 5:58:33 PM reply with quote send message to CS Astronomical Object to Post

SKL-that was a very good night for your boy! Congrats on both wins! Can't wait to see how my litter from him turns out on Thursday...
 Drake Creek Meadows
Basic User

Basic User
5/13/2015 4:33:59 AM reply with quote send message to Drake Creek Meadows Object to Post

Congrats SKL, that's very impressive! happy :) Looks like that boy has the potential for a very successful show career ahead of him, might just be the one to beat. Though there has been an upswing of seriously exceptional dogs entering the ring as of late, so he may also have his work cut out for him. Look forward to seeing what he can do. happy :)

CS and Alaskanmist, why do you guys have to tempt me like that? razz :p Man I want that 96% boy, but I just can't -.-', must thin out my kennel not buy more dogs. I'm trying to save money right now as lately I've been losing a lot of it at shows.

It's great to see all these specialties, thanks to all who are hosting them. ^^ I'm sorry that I haven't been adding my own to the list, but I can't until I get back over my safety net financially; don't want to be put in a position where I have to cut outside stud use.

Also, got this handsome guy in one of my newest litters:

www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=14010432

and this lovely lady:

www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=14012071

I am absolutely in love with their stats, but saddened by that showeshine... why? Not even showable either of them?! It's such an immense shame. -.-' Still I have yet to see another dog yet with a higher score than theirs at a whopping 11.55 for the male and 11.5 for the female! Why oh why couldn't they have been showable. *cries* Still plan to keep them for breeding, but am will be forever frustrated buy the fact that I can't breed them to each other. -.-'
 CS Astronomical
Basic User

Basic User
5/14/2015 4:53:45 AM reply with quote send message to CS Astronomical Object to Post

I feel your pain Drake!! they are lovely dogs though-hopefully will produce nicely for you!

Drake Creek Meadows
Basic User

Basic User
5/14/2015 5:11:01 AM reply with quote send message to Drake Creek Meadows Object to Post

A bittersweet goodbye tonight to Drake Oracle Sea closes an outstanding campaign, taking 2nd in group in his final show; strong all the way to the end. happy :)

His accomplishments are as follows:

1x Best in Show winner
1x NBISS
7x BISS
13x specialty placer
20 show placements
81 BIB
1,792 malamutes beaten (#53 all time malamute, one of the first modern malamutes to break into this list!)
11,509 dogs beaten
364 GCH points--making him the number one Malamute for GCH points, and 25th overall for GCH points)
#2 Mal, #3 all breeds, #2 working February 2015
#3 Mal, #6 all breeds, #3 working March 2015
#2 Mal, #5 all breeds, #3 working April 2015
Career earnings of $4,331

Overall a solid campaign from the Oracle and I couldn’t be happier. Will miss checking his results every evening, but he was a lot fun to show. happy :) Anyway, his stud fee has been reduced to $50 to commemorate the end of his campaign and he’ll just chill in kennel for a while. happy :)

Also, I spoke way too soon about those dogs apparently CS (still can’t wait to breed them and see what I can get happy :) ), because tonight I had this boy drop:
www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=14017870

His quality is also 11.5 , and best of all he’s showable! I can’t believe the quality of my pups lately, this litter is amazing ^^. I knew the dam was special but I wasn’t expecting a pup this good, couldn’t be happier. ^^

Also, would anyone be interested in taking this boy’s dam? I might breed her again if no one wants her, but I’m also thinking about FHing her, but want to make sure others have a chance at her first. Her rating is 11.25, and if this litter is any indication, she has tons of potential as a brood bitch as two of her pups ended up with better quality than her and a third was just a bit less. Her showshine is very low though.

www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?name=Drakes%20Against%20the%20Tide
 SKL Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
5/14/2015 1:21:20 PM reply with quote send message to SKL Kennel Object to Post

I would love her Drake.. I have nothing against lower ss in an otherwise nice dog!
 SKL Borzoi
Basic User

Basic User
5/14/2015 4:04:49 PM reply with quote send message to SKL Borzoi Object to Post

Congrats on everyone's progress... I am typing from my tablet... So I can't be too wordy..

I have been trait breeding in my kennels, and this breed is great as the color lines have lots of things the high sop lines need. Here are a few of my recent projects...

9.9 Size

www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=14015670

9.6 Topline (I would call this random improvement, but will help for sure)www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=14015663

And in the same litter, 10.4 hindquarter with decent Topline as well..
www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=14015661

I have found after 10+ years playing the game.. It is best to breed opposites (9 to 10s) ... That is why these dogs are valuable to me, they have traits opposite the current high sop dogs. This is the quickest way to make major improvements in traits or get 10s. 9.8 to 9.8 may eventually go up... But u will see improvement much faster breeding 10.2 to 9.8
 CirclingSky
Basic User

Basic User
5/14/2015 8:25:56 PM reply with quote send message to CirclingSky Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

WOOO HOOOO!! Congrats on the 9.9 size! Been waiting for that to come up! love the name too...LOL congrats on all the other traits too-definitely got some good genes going on there!

And congrats Drake on Oracle Sea's career finale-that is truly impressive especially considering the improvements in the breed lately! Might have to find a girl to send his way before he retires!

-----
Last edited by CirclingSky on 5/14/2015 8:26:30 PM
 Drake Creek Meadows
Basic User

Basic User
5/16/2015 3:13:51 AM reply with quote send message to Drake Creek Meadows Object to Post

Thanks CS, and good luck on you litter, hope you get some good pups with Oracle it tends to be a mixed bag, but he has thrown 96%+ pups before so who know, might get lucky. happy :) I'm glad he was able to hold on through the ramping up competition too, it proves that he has a long curve a valuable trait that he can pass on to his pups. happy :)

Congrats on all you trait breeding success SKL ^^ looks like you have a great project going there. Just remember to closely line-breed on dogs that pop up special traits like that, so you can attempt to lock them down otherwise they tend to be lost when breeding toward higher SOP.

Congrats on all the show placements lately too. happy :)
 Makavelis
Basic User

Basic User
5/18/2015 7:01:59 PM reply with quote send message to Makavelis Object to Post

I haven't been too active on the forums lately as I've been busy, but a little brag I had this nice boy the other day happy :) Can't wait to get him in the ring

www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=14025314

Lindsey

Replies in this thread : 34
Page : 1 2
<< prev page next page >>

Did you know?
The first obedience title is a CD, or "Companion Dog", which is earned through competition in the Novice obedience class.