Search

.com Forum · Bug Reporting and Suggestions

Replies in this thread : 8

Author Topic : What Your Dream Update?
 rhondacline
Basic User

System.__ComObject
5/8/2015 12:58:29 PM reply with quote send message to rhondacline Object to Post   

Mournebrake posted that there haven't been any bugs/suggestion posts - so.... I started to post this last week, but it seemed pretty pointless - but hey, it's the weekend, so why not...

There is ONE rule ... this post is for ideas & brainstorming ... PLEASE, do NOT comment on other people's posts ...

Here's the question:
IF this were your game and you could make ANY ONE change or update to the game what would you change and/or update?

What if everyone posts
1 that you feel would be Easy/Simple update/change
and
1 that would be a Big/Major update/change

Remember, this is just brainstorming - Dream big!

Please, just post your own ideas - don't comment on anyone else's post - We aren't trying to determine whether or not something is feasible, it is just a post to compile thoughts and ideas. (And dream a little.)

rhondacline
Basic User

Basic User
5/8/2015 1:03:36 PM reply with quote send message to rhondacline Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

and what will my choices be???

For "Easy" -
I would REALLY like to see the Obedience title suffixes fixed so that they display properly throughout the site.

For "BIG" -
there are sooooo many....
But if I had to pick one - I really wish we had other titles to earn. So for MAJOR change - I dream of genetic performance traits and the ability to compete for and earn titles in Tracking, Field Trials, Coursing, etc

and maybe we need an Edit Post Title "What Your Dream Update" - really?
Should have been..... What's Your Dream Update?

-----
Last edited by rhondacline on 5/8/2015 1:05:40 PM
 mournebrake
Basic User

Basic User
5/8/2015 3:24:45 PM reply with quote send message to mournebrake Object to Post

For "Easy" I choose 2 (being greedy) the 'Keep me logged in" facility and the 'Obedience' link from l.h.s. 'Shows' box to show something/anything other than "coming soon".

For "Big" I choose to change the 'clock' on forum posts so that when you log into forum threads it doesn't show the date and time of the last post on that thread in the right hand column but date and minutes since that thread was commented on i.e.

5/08/2015 3 minutes ago

also the facility when you post to tick a box that says "keep me updated if anyone else comments on this thread" with a message into your inbox if anyone does

That would make it much easier to see if anyone else had added to a post you were following without having to repeatedly checking it.

I can think of a couple more too (ha ha)
 Quileute Legends
Basic User

Basic User
5/9/2015 9:33:44 PM reply with quote send message to Quileute Legends Object to Post

Theres probably lots of updates that I would like to see but I can't think of them right now! :P

The 2 that come to mind are:

- New Title - 'Supreme Champion'- I have a couple of dogs that I campaign as they consistently do well in shows for months - and some of them have over 100 Grand Champion points. (for instance one of my dogs has 104 GCH points and another has 148 GCH points. It would be nice to see a new title such as Supreme Champion in front of the dogs name ... maybe after a dog achieves a certain number of GCH points - perhaps 100 or 150 etc.

- A new notification system for when a Private Message is received - for instance - getting an email in my Hotmail account whenever I receive a PM in one of my kennels - as sometimes I am eagerly awaiting a response from someone.
 Kievan Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
5/9/2015 11:20:50 PM reply with quote send message to Kievan Kennels Object to Post

^ I don't know about Supreme but we could use Bronze, Silver, Gold, and Platinum a la the AKC.

The Bronze Grand Championship will require 100 points, the Silver Grand Championship will require 200 points, the Gold Grand Championship will require 400 points and the Platinum Grand Championship will require 800 Grand Championship points.
www.akc.org/press-center/news/akc-grand-champion-program-adds-achievement-levels/

Can't imagine that would be hard to add.
 Tanglebrook
Basic User

Basic User
5/10/2015 8:57:47 AM reply with quote send message to Tanglebrook Object to Post

I don't know whether this would be small or big but... if a "family account" could be used to subscribe to multiple Third Row games that would be cool. happy :)
 mournebrake
Basic User

Basic User
5/10/2015 8:26:05 PM reply with quote send message to mournebrake Object to Post

What's a Third Row game?
 mournebrake
Basic User

Basic User
5/10/2015 8:27:14 PM reply with quote send message to mournebrake Object to Post

Ah you mean other Show.com games - ignore me I'm tired it is 2.27am here
 Champions-true-kennel
Basic User

Basic User
5/10/2015 8:42:45 PM reply with quote send message to Champions-true-kennel Object to Post

Iv been a fan of the "bulk FHing "button idea!! =)

Replies in this thread : 8

Did you know?
Judges are generally certified to judge one or several breeds, usually in the same group, but a few "all-breed" judges have the training and experience to judge large numbers of breeds.