Search

.com Forum · Alpha Dog Forum

Replies in this thread : 6

Author Topic : can anyone help?
 EmRose Kennel
Basic User

System.__ComObject
5/8/2015 3:28:10 PM reply with quote send message to EmRose Kennel Object to Post   

Hi all ! I recently got back into this game and was very excited that I won a banner from a banner contest back in March. Now here it is May and the person that I won the banner from will not respond to me even though I try to touch base with them about the making of my banner. Does this happen often? What would you do? Are there any people out there that make really nice banners for a good price? I know that's a long shot, I certainly don't expect anyone to make one for free I know they are hard work. I'm just bummed cuz I was really looking forward to having a nice banner for my kennel.
 mournebrake
Basic User

Basic User
5/8/2015 4:53:04 PM reply with quote send message to mournebrake Object to Post

Dreisaiah Hundehutte (who offered the free banner) has logged on today so if they haven't responded then they are ignoring your messages. They should hopefully see this thread and get in touch to explain why there's a delay. Hopefully they've a good reason for this delay. Try messaging them again, and again, failing any response maybe Admin would step in and mediate (as it was a competition offered on the site). Good Luck.
 Dalkeith
Basic User

Basic User
5/8/2015 6:19:46 PM reply with quote send message to Dalkeith Object to Post

I have sent you a PM happy :)
 Kovert
Basic User

Basic User
5/9/2015 3:02:27 AM reply with quote send message to Kovert Object to Post

She could also be busy. I have been in and out the past few weeks due to RL but have logged in to get the bonus and check show results.

If you are looking for another banner maker, I use Regenhaus for all of my work here and at Treestand Kennel.
 mournebrake
Basic User

Basic User
5/9/2015 4:29:03 AM reply with quote send message to mournebrake Object to Post

My understanding is that Em Rose was hoping to receive the free banner they won in the competition.

However busy DH is when they log on to session and enter shows they can't help but notice there are messages in their inbox.

It's just common courtesy to drop a quick reply to let ER know how long they'll have to wait for their banner.

If DH has problems I'm sure ER will understand as long as they are kept informed.
 EmRose Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
5/9/2015 10:15:25 AM reply with quote send message to EmRose Kennel Object to Post

Thank you everyone for all of your help and input!
 PPvallhunds
Basic User

Basic User
5/9/2015 11:18:30 AM reply with quote send message to PPvallhunds Object to Post

There are people who make banners for free, if you put a banner wanted post in the banner forum making sure you put down what text and breeds you want on it and any ideas or preferences you have for the new, coloirs and theams. I'm sure you will get a few responses.

It could be the person is just busy and having someone else long in and sort their kennel.
I asume from the banner post on one payed any money so if they don't get back to you I'd just move on and have someone else do it.

Replies in this thread : 6

Did you know?
A specialty show may be regional or national. A "Best in Show" win at a national specialty show is tremendously prestigious, indicating that the winning dog or bitch triumphed at a contest which attracted entries from the most serious fanciers of that breed in the country or continent. Some specialty shows attract international entries.