Search

.com Forum · Wirehaired Pointing Griffon

Replies in this thread : 7

Author Topic : WHP breeder update thread!
 Feverfew
Basic User

System.__ComObject
5/9/2015 11:23:37 AM reply with quote send message to Feverfew Object to Post   

I figured we should have a thread to post about our brags and whatever else like many other breeds.

I just had a nice boy born with 9.8 coat! www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=14005373 Can't wait to get him in the ring.
 Blue Water
Basic User

Basic User
5/10/2015 12:12:45 PM reply with quote send message to Blue Water Object to Post

Looks nice, I currently am not sessioning anything for the show ring sad :( I am still trying to get my stock up to par with show quality. Although I do appreciate all the nice studs people have been putting up happy :)
 Feverfew
Basic User

Basic User
5/10/2015 5:20:08 PM reply with quote send message to Feverfew Object to Post

Most of my dogs are below showable SOP too, that's why I'm excited about this boy. His 9.8 coat should let him place well too. Not sure where it came from since the highest coat in his pedigree is 9.5 a few gens back.
 Blue Water
Basic User

Basic User
5/12/2015 4:08:04 PM reply with quote send message to Blue Water Object to Post

All of my griffs are some variety of brown. Is there any chestnut variety out there with a decent SOP ? Just wondering if this is a lost color...
 Rockhill Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
5/12/2015 4:45:45 PM reply with quote send message to Rockhill Kennel Object to Post

I have a few chestnuts - but they are below the current SOP - (81-82) - they almost disappeared before I left and we had to go back a generation to pick up the cch again.

The only gene we are missing is "S" - so no solid brown or solid chestnut.
 Korthals
Basic User

Basic User
5/16/2015 8:59:46 PM reply with quote send message to Korthals Object to Post

Hi.

I too have some chestnuts and have put them up for sale. Very low SOP but there.

Just bred a girl in the 80s who is chestnut. Let's see how she goes.
 Feverfew
Basic User

Basic User
5/19/2015 8:46:00 PM reply with quote send message to Feverfew Object to Post

I have some Chestnuts in my stock and I have a couple of early gen mixed solid Browns, so hopefully will have all the colours showable in the future.
 Blue Water
Basic User

Basic User
5/23/2015 4:50:10 PM reply with quote send message to Blue Water Object to Post

How are the SOPs on the brown and white WPG? I have one that is for sale that is very low.... Low 80s. Not sure if I should just FH

Replies in this thread : 7

Did you know?
In the American Kennel Club, a dog needs 15 points to become a Champion, with each win gaining anywhere from zero to five points depending on the number of dogs competing and the area where the show is held.