Page : 1 2 3
<< prev page next page >>

Author Topic : Design Contest - Bronze/Silver/Gold/Platinum GC Medals
 admin
Administrator
Forum Moderator

System.__ComObject Forum Moderator
5/27/2015 10:36:50 AM reply with quote send message to admin Object to Post   

I was going to try to hack together medals for bronze, silver, gold, and platinum grand champions but figured you guys might be better at it.

Here’s the task – Create four medals for those titles, best set of four wins.

Here’s what the AKC medals look like…

www.akc.org/press-center/news/akc-grand-champion-program-adds-achievement-levels/

Here’s a logo file for Showdog (2.6 mb), use as you see fit…

www.showdog.com/temp/Logo.psd

Award: $100 real money, $5,000 SD money, or free one year family subscription (pick one, your choice)
 MudBug Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
5/27/2015 3:33:46 PM reply with quote send message to MudBug Kennels Object to Post

Oh I'm trying!
 mournebrake
Basic User

Basic User
5/27/2015 3:38:29 PM reply with quote send message to mournebrake Object to Post

OMG !! What a fantastic opportunity for those Showdoggers with design flair.
 Summerwind Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
5/27/2015 5:04:24 PM reply with quote send message to Summerwind Kennels Object to Post

I'm so excited about this whole post! I"m excited we're getting levels of GCH and I'm excited that some lucky SD'er will win this fantastic prize!
It won't be me as I have no time or much artistic talent, but way to go Jeff! So awesome happy :)
 CS Astronomical
Basic User

Basic User
5/27/2015 8:15:06 PM reply with quote send message to CS Astronomical Object to Post

THANKS for implementing this Jeff! I have no design talent, but hope you get lots of folks submitting options!
 Skylos Elysium
Basic User

Basic User
5/28/2015 12:37:03 AM reply with quote send message to Skylos Elysium Object to Post

Darn... my computer is down, along with my graphics prgram! I am trying to run a family account from my smartphone. Oh well...good luck to all who submit thier badges.
 Silk N Denim Terriers
Premium Member

Premium Member
5/28/2015 1:03:36 AM reply with quote send message to Silk N Denim Terriers Object to Post

this post has been edited 4 time(s)

I don't have a laptop and I made these on my phone. I'm not very happy with them but here goes.

These were made using free clipart. I picked them because the leaves matched the anniversary badges.

-----
Last edited by Silk N Denim Terriers on 5/28/2015 1:09:13 AM
 mournebrake
Basic User

Basic User
5/28/2015 3:41:40 AM reply with quote send message to mournebrake Object to Post

I think they are great. Well done, especially as you did them on your phone!
 Silk N Denim Terriers
Premium Member

Premium Member
5/28/2015 12:33:10 PM reply with quote send message to Silk N Denim Terriers Object to Post

Thank you mournebrake. I have an Android so there is a ton of apps available but none with the capabilities of something like Adobe or any of the computer programs.
 mournebrake
Basic User

Basic User
5/28/2015 12:41:43 PM reply with quote send message to mournebrake Object to Post

My phone sends texts and you can take/make calls, that's all !! It's from the ark !!
 Decatur Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
5/28/2015 4:49:56 PM reply with quote send message to Decatur Kennels Object to Post

this post has been edited 15 time(s)

Hold on...trying to remember how to post photos!

-----
Last edited by Decatur Kennels on 5/28/2015 5:58:32 PM
 Drake Creek Meadows
Basic User

Basic User
5/29/2015 3:15:23 AM reply with quote send message to Drake Creek Meadows Object to Post

Thanks for adding this feature Jeff, and it's awesome to give the community an opportunity like this! ^^ I probably won't have the time to participate unfortunately, but I wish all who do the best of luck; looking good guys. laugh :D
 Roaming Tazi Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
5/29/2015 3:24:07 PM reply with quote send message to Roaming Tazi Kennels Object to Post

this post has been edited 6 time(s)

*Edited to reflect recent deign changes

I gave it a whack happy :)
I decided I wanted it to resemble the AKC medals more than being unique, although they do have differences such as the surrounding crest. I also do not know when SD began.... could you tell me the year and I can put it there?

-----
Last edited by Roaming Tazi Kennels on 6/2/2015 2:17:50 PM
 Treestand Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
5/29/2015 4:55:03 PM reply with quote send message to Treestand Kennel Object to Post

Roaming Tazi, SD has been around since 2003
 mournebrake
Basic User

Basic User
5/29/2015 5:15:30 PM reply with quote send message to mournebrake Object to Post

Oooh some lovely medals - well done everyone!
 Almost Heaven
Basic User

Basic User
5/29/2015 6:05:23 PM reply with quote send message to Almost Heaven Object to Post

this post has been edited 13 time(s)

I went with Rosette Ribbons

Scaled to fit on dogs page (150 pixels wide]

Platinum

Gold

Silver

Bronze

-----
Last edited by Almost Heaven on 5/31/2015 7:50:06 PM
 mournebrake
Basic User

Basic User
5/30/2015 4:59:59 AM reply with quote send message to mournebrake Object to Post

I love the coloured rosettes!! So bright - would show up great on the dogs pages just wonder if the main 'ribbon colour' could be changed to reflect the award ie bronze/silver/gold/platinum, with the 'thin ribbon' line SD green
 Roaming Tazi Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
5/30/2015 10:48:51 AM reply with quote send message to Roaming Tazi Kennels Object to Post

Thank you Treestand Kennel! I added the date as well as the "gold/silver/bronze/platinum" to the medals.

These are vector, so they can be made to any size where needed.
 mournebrake
Basic User

Basic User
5/30/2015 10:57:57 AM reply with quote send message to mournebrake Object to Post

Hi, just a quickie - you've got an extra E in FOUNDEDE on the medals. They are lovely by the way.
 Roaming Tazi Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
5/30/2015 11:18:49 AM reply with quote send message to Roaming Tazi Kennels Object to Post

LOL!! Thanks! Edited to show the corrections
 Dalkeith
Basic User

Basic User
5/30/2015 11:35:44 PM reply with quote send message to Dalkeith Object to Post

Admin - does this contest have a closing date? happy :)

Replies in this thread : 48
Page : 1 2 3
<< prev page next page >>

Did you know?
In the American Kennel Club, a dog needs 15 points to become a Champion, with each win gaining anywhere from zero to five points depending on the number of dogs competing and the area where the show is held.