Search

.com Forum · General

Replies in this thread : 4

Author Topic : Calling dog a Beach Disrespectful
 dogsoup
Basic User

System.__ComObject
5/27/2015 1:12:22 PM reply with quote send message to dogsoup Object to Post   

okay so i dont wanna say like the word but like calling your dog lets say a 'beach' replace the e with a I and the a with a T. i think its disrespectful idk y some people are like so open to say it. What do u guys think ?
 Stephval Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
5/27/2015 1:32:59 PM reply with quote send message to Stephval Kennels Object to Post

Etymologically, the word bitch has very little to do with the colloquial use of the word. The same way adult female horses are called mares, hens are female chickens, etc., female dogs are bitches.

Bicche formed right along with the pejorative bitch from middle English, quite interesting:
quod.lib.umich.edu/cgi/m/mec/med-idx?type=id&id=MED4353

Great lesson in language, but disrespectful in context, I suppose. If you go to a real dog show, you'll hear the stewards calling for bitches all day happy :)
 mournebrake
Basic User

Basic User
5/27/2015 3:46:41 PM reply with quote send message to mournebrake Object to Post

Dog people always refer to males as dogs or stallion hounds (in pack breeds like Foxhounds and Otterhounds) and females as bitches (in all breeds).

Personally I see nothing wrong with referring to a stunning female as 'one hell of a bitch'.
 Astoria Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
5/27/2015 6:06:07 PM reply with quote send message to Astoria Kennel Object to Post

I started showing dogs when I was 12 and I come from a family who doesn't use cuss words.

It was so odd for me to hear all the time let alone actually say it.

But, it is the proper term. Males are Dogs and females are Bitches. You get used to it. I agree, though, that bitch can be a disrespectful term but that's not how it's being used when referring to dogs.
 PPvallhunds
Basic User

Basic User
5/27/2015 6:30:01 PM reply with quote send message to PPvallhunds Object to Post

The word bitch is the proper term for a female dog.

Some people use the word as a insult so see it as a bad word but it doesn't change the fact it's the proper term.

Replies in this thread : 4

Did you know?
In the United Kingdom, the international championship show Crufts was first held in 1891.