.com Forum · Chihuahua

Replies in this thread : 42
Page : 1 2 3
<< prev page next page >>

Author Topic : Chihuahua Community Thread
 Yippee Yahoo Kennels
Basic User

System.__ComObject
5/27/2015 6:02:23 PM reply with quote send message to Yippee Yahoo Kennels Object to Post   

Hello fellow chihuahua breeders!

Taking notice of some of the other breeds community threads and active discussions, I've added this as a gathering place for our breed.

Please feel free to post anything here including brags, requests, show results etc... Happy posting! happy :)

I'd love for all of us to take a minute and introduce ourselves. Maybe tell why you chose chihuahuas, where you got your kennel name from, your current top SOP, or if you're working on a trait or color project?

Julianne
Yippee Yahoo Kennels
 Yippee Yahoo Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
5/27/2015 6:09:06 PM reply with quote send message to Yippee Yahoo Kennels Object to Post

I'll get us started.

HI, I'm Julianne and I'm a chihuahuaholic. I chose chihuahuas because that's my breed in RL. All of my current chis are rescue dogs,and compete in many dog sports, but I'm hoping to have a show prospect some day.

My kennel name is named after my oldest chihuahua, a 17 year old Long-haired white male named Yippity.

My current top SOP is a 91.60 bitch. I'm not really working on a color project, but I do try to breed a color based litter if I have room occasionally.

Best brag:

I had this girl earn her GOLD DAM! www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=13479457
 Keaira
Basic User

Basic User
5/27/2015 8:42:56 PM reply with quote send message to Keaira Object to Post

Hello everyone!

I'm Melissa! *waves* I chose Chihuahuas in SD because my RL doggie love is a 9 y/o Chi named Jose. I also have a Pit Bull, but APBTs in SD are very popular and didn't need any help! I used to play SD ages ago under several rare breeds, and that's always been what I gravitate towards. When I started in Chis, there were only a couple other breeders, so I wanted to help build up the breed. We are in the top 20 on popularity now, so I think that is pretty awesome!

I do almost exclusively color breeding, but I do have a small show string as well. Still working on that elusive Chocolate strain...

Best brag would be my homebred boy, Keaira Kosmas. Multi-BISS, and two time SDWC BIB winner. laugh :D
 Apple Cove Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
5/27/2015 11:09:28 PM reply with quote send message to Apple Cove Kennels Object to Post

Hello! I'll introduce myself happy :) I recently started in Chihuahua's, although I have been playing Showdog for a few years. I had an extra kennel on my account, and my own dog is a black and tan long-haired Chihuahua cross, so I thought I would join the breed. I could not find any long-haired chi's for sale so I decided to start a source breeding project.

I don't have any show quality dogs yet, but I really should get a few so I can session them and help out in the ring while I work on the source project.

Yippee Yahoo Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
5/28/2015 9:36:51 AM reply with quote send message to Yippee Yahoo Kennels Object to Post

Hey Apple, You are welcome to take a few of my guys to show if you want. I always have more that I want to finish then I can handle. happy :)
 Apple Cove Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
5/28/2015 9:51:38 PM reply with quote send message to Apple Cove Kennels Object to Post

That would be awesome! If you have any you want sessioned and shown, just send me a link. I am just selling off my sessions everyday, so it would be nice to actually use them

Much appreciated happy :)
 Yippee Yahoo Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
6/4/2015 9:18:16 AM reply with quote send message to Yippee Yahoo Kennels Object to Post

First I want to say congrats to Keira and Razzmatazz on your new Grand Champions, GCh Keaira Athtar and GCh Razzy Chicks Dig Me!

Second, a little bragging - GCH CH YY Pure Joy has earned the title of Bronze Dam. This is my second Bronze Dam!
 Little Titan Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
6/4/2015 10:30:07 AM reply with quote send message to Little Titan Kennels Object to Post

Hello! My name is Karen, but I don't care for that, so please just call me HEF (this is the first part of my last name.)

I'm a returning player from 2003 or so. I'm an old broad and retired after a heart attack last year. SD keeps my busy. happy :)

Since 2003 the game has changed quite a bit, so I'm almost like a noob.

In RL I have a rescue chihuahua/whippet mix called BD. I used to show Bull Terriers in the 90's. I wasn't a good handler as I was never able to finish any of my dogs. I did have a lot of fun because my mentor at the time let me handle some of her dogs.

Sorry, I'm babbling aren't I? :P

Anyway, congrats to you all, and happy showing!

HEF
 HereWeGo
Basic User

Basic User
6/4/2015 6:55:24 PM reply with quote send message to HereWeGo Object to Post

Hi HEF! Welcome to Chihuahua-land. happy :) Nice to meet you. Feel free to keep babbling, it makes for a much friendlier thread. LOL
 Apple Cove Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
6/4/2015 7:42:06 PM reply with quote send message to Apple Cove Kennels Object to Post

Welcome HEF! It is nice to see more returning players. This game is so addictive.

And congrats on the bronze dam, YY. That is awesome
 Keaira
Basic User

Basic User
6/5/2015 6:34:33 PM reply with quote send message to Keaira Object to Post

Thanks, guys! I was starting to think that Athtar was never going to GCH out - I was to the point of saying I'm just going to retire her... and then she went bam, bam, bam, and there we are! Haha.

Congrats to everyone else on their wins as well!
 HereWeGo
Basic User

Basic User
6/5/2015 8:14:49 PM reply with quote send message to HereWeGo Object to Post

I realized I forgot to introduce myself. I'm kinda new to the chihuahua breed on SD, but I had a chihuahua years ago in RL. I'm going to be working on colors I think mostly but we'll see. Nice to meet everyone.

HWG
 Yippee Yahoo Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
6/17/2015 2:22:51 PM reply with quote send message to Yippee Yahoo Kennels Object to Post

Does it bother anyone but me that we don't get emailed when our dogs earn their Grand Championship? We get emails for everything else under the sun but not this. I don't get it.

afterfire
Basic User

Basic User
6/17/2015 3:06:58 PM reply with quote send message to afterfire Object to Post

Hi all, I just joined the chihuahua breed on SD.. This is my original account from 2003 and after a couple years away from the game, I'm back.

I'm also FallenStarz (Anatolian Shepherds) Blaidd drwg (Klees) Blaidd Drwg Caucasians (Caucasian Shepherds), HotSauce (JRTs and Sealyhams), Kitties Of Doom (Clumbers), Originality (ACDs), and Revival (German Spitz), I'm currently working on thinking up another kennel name and breed to fill up the empty spot on my family.

In real life, I have 7 dogs, 3 Border Collies(Cash, Credit, and Hatter), a Great Pyrenees(Squish), a longcoat chihuahua(Beaker), a pomeranian(Poppet), and a Caucasian Ovcharka Puppy (Sparrow). I only show one of my dogs, Hatter, in AKC conformation.
 Apple Cove Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
6/17/2015 10:26:00 PM reply with quote send message to Apple Cove Kennels Object to Post

Welcome afterfire! It is so nice to see so many returning players. I think I remember your Anatolian Kennel from when I was in the breed couple years back happy :) Sounds very familiar.

Yippee Yahoo Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
6/18/2015 6:40:02 PM reply with quote send message to Yippee Yahoo Kennels Object to Post

Welcome to the breed afterfire!

In other news, Chihuahua has broken into the top 15 on the competition list!!
 Apple Cove Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
6/18/2015 10:24:08 PM reply with quote send message to Apple Cove Kennels Object to Post

That is awesome! Oh, and a big congrats to all the Chihuahua's that got GCh medals today! Nice work happy :)
 Yippee Yahoo Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
6/24/2015 10:00:24 PM reply with quote send message to Yippee Yahoo Kennels Object to Post

Hey guys, I added a chihuahua specialty for July 4. Come play!
 Apple Cove Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
6/25/2015 6:59:10 AM reply with quote send message to Apple Cove Kennels Object to Post

Awesome! I will get some dogs entered. Thanks YY happy :)
 HereWeGo
Basic User

Basic User
7/3/2015 12:00:23 PM reply with quote send message to HereWeGo Object to Post

Just had a litter drop with Smooth Cream puppies. Atrocious SOP's but its the First time I've seen that color without having to create a starter dog. Anyone have any cream dogs?
 Apple Cove Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
7/4/2015 1:11:07 PM reply with quote send message to Apple Cove Kennels Object to Post

That is great that you got some colour in your litter! It is nice to see some of these colours come back.

I have a few cream dogs, but they are all from starters and very low SOP.

Replies in this thread : 42
Page : 1 2 3
<< prev page next page >>

Did you know?
The figure 8 exercise requires the team to heel in a figure 8 pattern either on or off leash. Generally two of the ring stewards will assist the judge with this exercise by acting as "posts", standing 8 feet apart, that the team walks around to form the loops of the figure 8.