Search

.com Forum · Real Show Dogs

Replies in this thread : 6

Author Topic : 11 weeks and starting new adventures!
 GraceInGlory
Premium Member

System.__ComObject
5/31/2015 1:54:58 PM reply with quote send message to GraceInGlory Object to Post   

The last few weeks have flown by! The Cairn babies turned 11 weeks a few days ago, finished up their health testing and had their official evaluation! Starling and Robin have both headed off to their new loving homes. Sparrow is my pick girl and we're growing Merlin out also. Hopefully he continues to be a handsome little man. wink ;)

Sparrow (F)

Merlin (M)

Robin (M)

Starling (F)

The last whole family photo!

Eevee, Robin, Merlin, Sparrow

Flying Merlin

Merlin and Sparrow

Pretty Little Sparrow
 Treestand Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
5/31/2015 2:09:34 PM reply with quote send message to Treestand Kennel Object to Post

Wow, time has flown by! They are all gorgeous little babies!! happy :)
 Reflections Of
Basic User

Basic User
5/31/2015 2:18:33 PM reply with quote send message to Reflections Of Object to Post

Hard not seeing their movement, but Merlin is absolutely my pick all the way!! Why is it always the boys who just have that little bit extra happy :)
 Spyte
Basic User

Basic User
6/1/2015 8:11:17 AM reply with quote send message to Spyte Object to Post

They are so beautiful! I love Merlin, have since he was about 4ish weeks (whatever update that was, can't remember exact age lol) I am so glad you kept him!

What is the grooming like on these guys as adults?
 GraceInGlory
Premium Member

Premium Member
6/1/2015 11:30:05 AM reply with quote send message to GraceInGlory Object to Post

Thanks guys. Yes Merlin is a hunky little guy with a really good head and strong rear. Sparrow carries herself beautifully, with dead level topline and great tail set (better than Merlin's I think, but it's hard to tell from the pics). I'm really looking forward to showing her... she already gaits herself around the yard and free stacks herself quite beautifully!

Spyte, grooming on these guys isn't too much work. When I'm rolling the coat to maintain show condition I pluck once every three weeks or so. What's stripping like on your Wolfhounds?
 mournebrake
Basic User

Basic User
6/1/2015 11:46:21 AM reply with quote send message to mournebrake Object to Post

I still choose Merlin, have loved him from the first stacked photos - will watch his progress avidly
 Spyte
Basic User

Basic User
6/1/2015 10:24:17 PM reply with quote send message to Spyte Object to Post

Wolfhounds isn't too bad really. But I think part of that is because we live in Florida, so their coats aren't super shaggy, the northern guys have a lot more coat. We strip ears, take a little off of the sides of their neck, thin out the tuck up, tighten up the feet a little when needed.

I have been looking a new breed recently and just have trouble finding something that fits what I want that doesn't have extensive grooming requirements.

Replies in this thread : 6

Did you know?
In the American Kennel Club, a dog needs 15 points to become a Champion, with each win gaining anywhere from zero to five points depending on the number of dogs competing and the area where the show is held.