.com Forum · Canaan Dog

Replies in this thread : 110
Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6
<< prev page next page >>

Lany
Basic User

Basic User
6/14/2015 9:22:52 PM reply with quote send message to Lany Object to Post

I bought one of the good pups you had for sale (non dilute!). I think I'll take a cream long coat if you still have one.

Feel free to offer on either solid black boy. I'll likely keep the other one, but don't really care which one. Their colors are in the call name spot to make it easier to find.

I'm figuring the livers from the starter line will all go in the next day or so unless there is any more interest.

Lany
Basic User

Basic User
6/14/2015 9:24:19 PM reply with quote send message to Lany Object to Post

And, I have a decent balance in this kennel, so once starters go down in price, I'll get a some in the "odd" colors. But, they're way too much now. Anyone know what determines the price?
 top dog the k9 place
Basic User

Basic User
6/14/2015 11:52:33 PM reply with quote send message to top dog the k9 place Object to Post

Well I didn't know what determined the price before, but I bought 4 to get this line started and they were only $500ish then. So if i had to guess, demand raises the price...sorry guys! It should go back down sometime soon.

happy :)
Heather
 CirclingSky
Basic User

Basic User
6/15/2015 4:59:44 AM reply with quote send message to CirclingSky Object to Post

I remember reading somewhere that it also had to do with dogs available for sale, or selling within the breed, but I can't find it again.

In looking through the help pages though, I realized it might be worth posting in the dogs wanted page for people with free starters from new accounts, if we list the colors we want. I can also make a basic kennel and get starters that way. Don't currently have a basic so it would be kosher.
 CirclingSky
Basic User

Basic User
6/19/2015 6:00:09 AM reply with quote send message to CirclingSky Object to Post

Anyone have any interest in black or black and tan long coat male 1st gen starter? SOP 8-10. Got a bunch in my last litter
 Lany
Basic User

Basic User
6/19/2015 8:54:29 PM reply with quote send message to Lany Object to Post

I'll look when I have time (may be a day or two!).

I had 3 litters drop, lots of white and black ticked, some black and white ticked, a couple gold and white ticked and one white black and tan ticked.

Yay for no livers! (Though I know they may carry it)

Let me know if there's interest.
 Astro Coast
Basic User

Basic User
6/25/2015 4:06:51 PM reply with quote send message to Astro Coast Object to Post

Hey guys, Heather from top dog here--I made a basic kennel and got some starters. Let me know if you're interested in any of them.

Bitches
Cream and White
Cream Long Coat Liver Pigmented
White, Black, and Tan Ticked Long Coat

Dog
Liver Tricolor

happy :)
Heather
 Lany
Basic User

Basic User
7/10/2015 11:23:04 PM reply with quote send message to Lany Object to Post

Finally getting around to organizing this kennel! I am going to focus on color breeding, and I don't want dilutes, so I'm going to get rid of all of my liver based dogs. So, if anyone wants one, please make an offer. I put an "L" as their call name to make it easier.

I'll have to sort and name dogs soon...hopefully this weekend.

I'll likely FH any liver dogs by the end of the weekend.
 CirclingSky
Basic User

Basic User
7/11/2015 5:18:52 AM reply with quote send message to CirclingSky Object to Post

Fun facts...I bred a solid black to a solid gold, and got solid black, solid sand and solid white. It is so interesting!
 CirclingSky
Basic User

Basic User
7/14/2015 5:13:54 AM reply with quote send message to CirclingSky Object to Post

Just wanted to check in with everyone-in this kennel I decided to go mostly for untucked. I will be breeding everyone through top dogs starter line, and then start breeding back to each other. I will try to keep a variety of colors available for stud, but will be Fhing them once I replace them with a better dog of the same color-unless I hear there is something in particular someone else is working on. I'm also still working on solid colors, but not sure how that and bringing back untucked will mesh.

Anyway, I have to say that waiting for litters is still one of the highlights of my day-that "huh" when you see what the color combos are is great!
 CirclingSky
Basic User

Basic User
7/17/2015 4:42:03 AM reply with quote send message to CirclingSky Object to Post

Just had a whole litter of white and cream unticked long coats...but SOPs are all 4. If anyone wants one, let me know. Will sell cheap!
 Lany
Basic User

Basic User
7/18/2015 1:00:39 AM reply with quote send message to Lany Object to Post

I had a bunch of litters drop so if anyone is looking for the following colors, let me know! They are all lower SOP (20-50ish).

I have:
litter 1:
white and black ticked
black and white ticked

litter 2: (out of the Tt male, so ticked could also be Tt)
black
liver and white ticked long coat
liver
black tricolor ticked
cream longcoat
white liver and tan ticked
white black and tan ticked
black and white ticked longcoat

litter 3: (out of the Tt male, so ticked could also be Tt)
liver
black
black longcoat
white and black ticked longcoat

litter 4: (out of the Tt male, so ticked could also be Tt)
white and cream ticked
black tricolor ticked longcoat
white longcoat
white and black ticked longcoat
liver and tan
black
white

litter 5:
white and gold ticked
white and black ticked
white and liver ticked

litter 6:
black
black and tan
white and black ticked
liver and tan
white and liver ticked
white and gold ticked

litter 7:
white and black ticked
white and liver ticked

And I have 3 more litters due tomorrow... happy :)

KodachromeCanaans
Basic User

Basic User
7/18/2015 6:40:58 AM reply with quote send message to KodachromeCanaans Object to Post

CirclingSky basic kennel here, that I actually upgraded-LOL!! have some unticked source studs and a couple of unticked females. 2 are cream based, top dog-will let you know when I have a litter if you are looking for more cream dogs. Will probably make this my unticked kennel, and work on solid colors and color and white in CirclingSky.

And yes, yes I am addicted to Canaan Dogs...
 CS Riverflow
Basic User

Basic User
7/18/2015 8:20:18 PM reply with quote send message to CS Riverflow Object to Post

I also had more cream and white and cream in litters today in CirclingSky.
 Lany
Basic User

Basic User
7/20/2015 12:55:40 AM reply with quote send message to Lany Object to Post

I have a litter of white and gold ticked (some also liver) and more black and white ticked in a different litter.

I'll likely be purging soon, so let me know if there's interest!

I'm thinking I may FH most of my white and black dogs, since they seem to be pretty common. Correct me if I'm wrong though! I'll keep the couple of higher SOP ones to use in other projects and keep the boys up for stud as long as they're useful.
 top dog the k9 place
Basic User

Basic User
7/20/2015 5:45:31 AM reply with quote send message to top dog the k9 place Object to Post

White and black is looking pretty common. Still useful, though--they can produce a lot of sands and golds!
 CS Astronomical
Basic User

Basic User
7/21/2015 4:33:12 AM reply with quote send message to CS Astronomical Object to Post

I'd Fh white and black but not black and white-at least until we get a couple more "color" and white options!
 Lany
Basic User

Basic User
7/24/2015 9:01:13 PM reply with quote send message to Lany Object to Post

Trying to narrow down what color(s) to work on, so figured I'd see what you guys are working on and maybe chose one of the others.

I do want to work on non-ticked, so am keeping some "potential" Tt dogs until I know if they are or not.
 Lany
Basic User

Basic User
7/30/2015 4:20:10 AM reply with quote send message to Lany Object to Post

I had a bunch of litters drop. Some "new" colors maybe?

I have a black and white male (unticked) and a white and black female (unticked) that I'll sell if someone wants them. SOP is crap. (I'm keeping one unticked, but already named her/ Will likely keep at least one more if not both if they don't sell).

A solid gold dog and a solid sand (liver pigmented) bitch that I'll sell if someone wants them. I'll keep the gold dog if no one wants him, but will FH the bitch (due to the liver pigment).

Colors that aren't new but available if wanted: solid black, white black and tan ticked, liver and tan, black and tan, black tricolor ticked, liver tricolor ticked, solid liver.

Let me know if there any are wanted and I'll put them up for sale (but offer less).
 CS Astronomical
Basic User

Basic User
7/30/2015 1:27:58 PM reply with quote send message to CS Astronomical Object to Post

I would take the sand. Otherwise I have all of those colors represented on some level. I really need to narrow down what I'm focusing on!!

Replies in this thread : 110
Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6
<< prev page next page >>

Did you know?
The third obedience title is a UD, or "Utility Dog", which is earned through competition in the Utility obedience class