Replies in this thread : 9

Author Topic : Objecting to Posts
 admin
Administrator
Forum Moderator

System.__ComObject Forum Moderator
6/12/2015 11:02:39 AM reply with quote send message to admin Object to Post   

I've started tracking post objections.

If you object to posts maliciously, your ability to object and/or post at all will be shut down.

Malicious objections are objections for stuff you don't agree with in contrast with objecting to posts for obscenity of content that shouldn't be on the site. The decision will be purely up to my judgement.
 mournebrake
Basic User

Basic User
6/12/2015 11:20:58 AM reply with quote send message to mournebrake Object to Post

I've never objected to a post, honestly before this didn't know objecting was possible.
 mournebrake
Basic User

Basic User
6/12/2015 11:23:49 AM reply with quote send message to mournebrake Object to Post

Sorry to seem dense but how does one object to a post? (if one wanted to)
 Blaidd Drwg
Basic User

Basic User
6/12/2015 11:40:37 AM reply with quote send message to Blaidd Drwg Object to Post

The little x after quote and mail.
 Topaz Fields
Basic User

Basic User
6/12/2015 1:45:52 PM reply with quote send message to Topaz Fields Object to Post

So...how many people thought about clicking that little red x on this admin post? Admit it, lol!

Before anyone gets crazy, I don't think I have ever objected to anyone's posts and I've been playing off and on since '06.
 Gypsy Wind Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
6/12/2015 1:52:47 PM reply with quote send message to Gypsy Wind Kennels Object to Post

I didnt even know you could object to a post. Honestly though, I dont EVER remember seeing an inappropriate post like that here, this community does really well policing itself while posting. Im really surprised anyone has maliciously objected too - seems out of character and odd here. Oh well.
 mournebrake
Basic User

Basic User
6/12/2015 2:26:12 PM reply with quote send message to mournebrake Object to Post

Well I must have objected to lots of things I've posted then!!

Where in the help pages does it say that x in the box was to object?

I've clicked that box loads of time - I thought it was to remove my post (like when I've typed a response from one kennel and realised it should have been from the other kennel). It could well be me that's responsible for objecting to dog knows how many posts - a big sorry guys!

Always wondered why the posts never got removed!!
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
6/13/2015 11:42:56 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

this post has been edited 2 time(s)

You make a good point Mourne. I've been here so long it never occurred to me that the x suggested close or delete, but it does when you think about it.

I've used it a few times over the years when there have been episodes of spam of dubious origin and content.

I could have sworn there was some indication of what that x did as well as the edit and so on, perhaps it was a mouse-over thing and it got lost in the shuffle with the redesign a couple of years ago.

Admin - better change that x to "object" or something. Or get that mouse-over working again.

-----
Last edited by gaylanstudio on 6/13/2015 11:49:17 PM
 Aussiewolfsister
Premium Member

Premium Member
6/13/2015 11:57:17 PM reply with quote send message to Aussiewolfsister Object to Post

Woops!!!!

I always thought that the little red x meant delete ... and could not work out why it didn't delete ... Sorry!!!!
 Oakwood Creek
Basic User

Basic User
6/14/2015 5:32:16 AM reply with quote send message to Oakwood Creek Object to Post

I'm glad I'm not the only one - oops.

Replies in this thread : 9

Did you know?
Since its centenary year in 1991, Crufts has officially been recognised as the world's largest and most prestigious dog show by the Guinness Book of Records, with a total of 22,973 dogs being exhibited that year.