Search

.com Forum · Beginner Forum

Replies in this thread : 11

Author Topic : Call for Help - Great Dane Nutrition
 Street Wise Kennels
Basic User

System.__ComObject
6/19/2015 1:46:45 PM reply with quote send message to Street Wise Kennels Object to Post   

Hey all:

I have one Great Dane that I'd like to finish. Unfortunately, I cannot get the condition to move up as I'd like to.

Can anyone on here help with some feeding advice?

I really hope someone answers, because I'm at a loss as to what to do.

Thanks!
 Silk N Denim Terriers
Premium Member

Premium Member
6/19/2015 2:12:36 PM reply with quote send message to Silk N Denim Terriers Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

The pup needs to be on a conditioning ration instead of a muscle ration.

-----
Last edited by Silk N Denim Terriers on 6/19/2015 2:13:47 PM
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
6/19/2015 2:37:56 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

I'd advise a 1777 Puppy mix with sessioning.

You can stop sessioning when each factor reaches 19/20.

Change to a 1777 Adult at 14 days.
 Street Wise Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
6/20/2015 11:56:16 AM reply with quote send message to Street Wise Kennels Object to Post

THANK YOU! Thank you so much!

Ya'll are awesome! happy :)

HEF
 Street Wise Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
6/21/2015 2:03:39 AM reply with quote send message to Street Wise Kennels Object to Post

Hey all, can you take another look?

I've put her on 1777 and her condition has lost 2 points!

Do I increase meds/vaccines?

I'm grateful for any advice. Thanks!
 Glittering
Basic User

Basic User
6/21/2015 2:57:06 AM reply with quote send message to Glittering Object to Post

Hi

Doublecheck that you haven't made an adult ration and named it puppy (I've done that before).

Maybe make a new 1777 adult and a new 1777 puppy, and put her on the puppy, just in case.
 mournebrake
Basic User

Basic User
6/21/2015 5:04:20 AM reply with quote send message to mournebrake Object to Post

When you make a new ration always name it puppy or adult dependant on who you are making it for, as you can't check after you've made it and you might forget if its a while between litters.
 Street Wise Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
6/21/2015 8:30:06 PM reply with quote send message to Street Wise Kennels Object to Post

I checked, and I made that mistake!

I'd given the puppy Great Dane ADULT food!

Since I'm an old lady, I'm up pretty much all night. I changed her food early this morning (at least, I think so, LOL) and as you guys said, her condition is now going up!

I want to thank you all again for the kind advice. Don't know where Showdog would be without good folks like yourselves. happy :)
 Treestand Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
6/22/2015 4:01:23 PM reply with quote send message to Treestand Kennel Object to Post

If you need sessions, you can also stop grooming her now, since the condition and muscle have a ways to go. When I need sessions, I will get the coat sessioned to 16-18 depending on the breed, Malamutes take 30-35 days to session, where Gordon Setters take 20ish days, and then I would (still do!) remove the grooming session and move onto the next dog. Feeding the custom rations allows the grooming to go up, but I have noticed it only continues to rise after they hit 14.

I hope that makes sense!

Good luck with your gorgeous girl!
 Street Wise Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
6/22/2015 8:47:12 PM reply with quote send message to Street Wise Kennels Object to Post

posted by Treestand Kennel
If you need sessions, you can also stop grooming her now, since the condition and muscle have a ways to go. When I need sessions, I will get the coat sessioned to 16-18 depending on the breed, Malamutes take 30-35 days to session, where Gordon Setters take 20ish days, and then I would (still do!) remove the grooming session and move onto the next dog. Feeding the custom rations allows the grooming to go up, but I have noticed it only continues to rise after they hit 14.

I hope that makes sense!

Good luck with your gorgeous girl!

Treestand, you are an angel! I've copied your advice to all of my kennel notes. Thanks again for being so very kind.
 Treestand Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
6/22/2015 9:49:06 PM reply with quote send message to Treestand Kennel Object to Post

I'm glad you could decipher that. laugh :D
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
6/23/2015 11:54:32 AM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

Also she will be 14 days at 8:45 tonight so you should change to adult today.

Replies in this thread : 11

Did you know?
A conformation dog show is not a comparison of one dog to another but a comparison of each dog to a judge's mental image of the ideal breed type as outlined in the individual breed's breed standard.