Search

.com Forum · Alpha Dog Forum

Replies in this thread : 11

Author Topic : BRONZE/SILVER/GOLD/PLATINUM GC MEDALS link on kennel page
 Go Direct Kennels
Basic User

System.__ComObject
6/20/2015 10:08:19 AM reply with quote send message to Go Direct Kennels Object to Post   

One of my dog was just awarded a bronze GCH medal. Will there be a link on my kennel page to show the amount of GCH medals awardees I have bred, much like the GCH, merit dogs, and CH. I think this would be a great addition. I would also like to see a compilations of these dogs on the breed page too.
 Dalkeith
Basic User

Basic User
6/20/2015 7:05:27 PM reply with quote send message to Dalkeith Object to Post

I LOVE this idea! I really think and hope it should be implemented happy :)
 Crystal Cove Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
6/27/2015 8:38:36 PM reply with quote send message to Crystal Cove Kennels Object to Post

Is this already being implemented ?
 Halcyon Design
Basic User

Basic User
6/28/2015 3:20:06 PM reply with quote send message to Halcyon Design Object to Post

Can someone tell me how many points you earn to get each award?

I have a JRT that is a bronze grand champion so I was guessing at 200 points for silver, but I just looked at this dog who has 214 points and he is gold

www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=10761741

but this dog has 192 and has bronze

www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=10761741

in my head silver comes between bronze and gold, is there a different order on SD?

rhondacline
Basic User

Basic User
6/28/2015 3:37:04 PM reply with quote send message to rhondacline Object to Post

It is supposed to be (what was voted on)

Bronze Grand Championship will require 100 points,
Silver Grand Championship will require 200 points,
Gold Grand Championship will require 400 points
Platinum Grand Championship will require 500 Grand Championship points.

But there seems to be an issue as there are a lot of dogs with 200 points that are showing as gold

Jeff hasn't replied as to what he actually implemented, but sounds like maybe Silver and Gold were reversed?
 halcyonlisa
Basic User

Basic User
6/29/2015 3:14:14 AM reply with quote send message to halcyonlisa Object to Post

that's confusing to me, to me gold is higher than silver
 Aussiewolfsister
Premium Member

Premium Member
6/29/2015 3:22:25 AM reply with quote send message to Aussiewolfsister Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Just looks as though the gold and silver have been switched in the programming. I am assuming that both my Buhunds are actually silver GCH despite what their page says. I do love it though and it will be great once the error is corrected.

-----
Last edited by Aussiewolfsister on 6/29/2015 3:23:18 AM
 Treestand Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
6/29/2015 4:36:32 AM reply with quote send message to Treestand Kennel Object to Post

I asked Jeff what points system he used and he said he used the AKC levels but needs to change them.

Looking through the breed forums, it appears the color medal was switched, because the titles say "Dog X has earned the title of silver Grand Champion"’ but when you click on the name it shows a gold medal. www.showdog.com/forum/read.aspx?id=421327

I'll take the gold medal with much pride for as long as I can! laugh :D
 Go Direct Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
6/30/2015 10:07:52 AM reply with quote send message to Go Direct Kennels Object to Post

Will these dogs be recorded on your kennel page much like CH and GCH ? I would really like to see that happen too.
 Rough Edges
Basic User

Basic User
7/1/2015 11:45:14 PM reply with quote send message to Rough Edges Object to Post

Is Grand Champion still 25 points? I've had a couple reach that level lately but they haven't been recorded as such yet. Or does a dog have to get to 100 to get the recognition now? Or are we still just experimenting? happy :)

SunDow
Basic User

Basic User
7/11/2015 8:25:22 PM reply with quote send message to SunDow Object to Post

Hi, If Platinum GCH is 500 + points, how come the 4 dogs that are over 500 points on the GCH top dog ranking list still show up as only Gold GCH. Thanks in advance, just returned after a 4 month hiatus.
 Chaos and Havoc
Basic User

Basic User
7/11/2015 10:22:50 PM reply with quote send message to Chaos and Havoc Object to Post

posted by Rough Edges
Is Grand Champion still 25 points? I've had a couple reach that level lately but they haven't been recorded as such yet. Or does a dog have to get to 100 to get the recognition now? Or are we still just experimenting? happy :)

GCH is still the same - ie: you still need 25 GCH points, plus the other two requirements happy :)

From the Help Center:

Grand Champion (GCH)

Requires:

-Total of 25 GCH points
-3 GCH majors from 3 different judges
-At least four different judges must have awarded GCH points

GCH points were earned by beating at least one other champion in at least three shows.

GCH majors are the same as CH majors, three or more points earned at one show. Grand Champion points are not the same as regular championship points, but the number of points is calculated in the same way, according to the breed schedule of points. The only way to earn GCh points is to win Best in Breed (BIB) or Best of Opposite Sex (BOS), after a dog has achieved a Ch. If a dog wins BIB, points are calculated for all other dogs entered (except Vetrans if any). If you go BOS you get points based on the dogs of the same sex entered (so if a bitch goes BOS she gets points for all the female class dogs and female champions).

Dogs continue to accumulate GCH points after earning their GCH title which contribute to Grand Championship ranking.

Replies in this thread : 11

Did you know?
An obedience trial is a dog sport in which a dog must perfectly execute a predefined set of tasks when directed to do so by his handler