Search

.com Forum · Real Show Dogs

Replies in this thread : 10

Author Topic : non-showdog update :D - but dogs still
 Elusive Border Collies
Basic User

System.__ComObject
6/23/2015 9:55:30 PM reply with quote send message to Elusive Border Collies Object to Post   

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Well I recently came back to SD and right before I left I had adopted a border collie named Maverick (maybe you remember Rush?). Anyway, we started flyball training last year and I bought my first (okay quality) flyball pictures and wanted to shareee them!

Not sure if anyone here does flyball but we were doing 2x4s, starting at the second jump,sending to the box and running back over all 4 jumps. Another month or two and I think we might be ready to do a tournament! Hes done agility all his life and he sucks at it so whee flyball!!

and here is one of Rush and Mav because Rush is adorbs.

edited to fix picture sizes

-----
Last edited by Elusive Border Collies on 6/24/2015 2:28:27 AM
 Reflections Of
Basic User

Basic User
6/23/2015 9:58:37 PM reply with quote send message to Reflections Of Object to Post

Wonderful pictures!! And Performance dogs ARE show dogs! Thank you for sharing happy :)
 Steph
Basic User

Basic User
6/24/2015 1:13:19 AM reply with quote send message to Steph Object to Post

Hi,

I play Flyball and have been involved in the sport since 1995.

Mav's box turn looks really nice. Looking forward to reading about his and your accomplishments happy :)

You play NAFA? Team name looked like it could be Capitol something, but I didn't see him listed when searching.

Steph
 Elusive Border Collies
Basic User

Basic User
6/24/2015 2:18:09 AM reply with quote send message to Elusive Border Collies Object to Post

Thank you laugh :D I am very pleased with his box-turn and his overall progress so fast. His box work has been getting sloppy doing the sends over jumps in distractions but I think he will get it together after a few more practices.

We will be playing in NAFA when we piece it all together (I live in MD). This was at the Coconut Classic single dog races on Friday last weekend in York. I am currently part of two teams (how did that happen? I don't even know). My club team is Capital Flyers but my trainer owns Two Lane Highway and they mix dogs for both teams.
 Steph
Basic User

Basic User
6/24/2015 2:29:12 AM reply with quote send message to Steph Object to Post

I live in Calif and am on INXS. I currently run 2 Curly-Coated Retrievers and a Mix and just got a Labrador who's parents play too.

In Oct I am going to Can-Am to judge. Will be my first time judging there.

Steph
 Elusive Border Collies
Basic User

Basic User
6/24/2015 2:41:57 AM reply with quote send message to Elusive Border Collies Object to Post

Thats really awesome! I am still learning about flyball. I have been playing agility since 2007 and just kind of switched gears on a whim last thanksgiving. I will probably be at the CanAm, whether or not we run is a different story lol. Judging will be exciting though I'm sure! You'll get to see all the awesome teams in action happy :).
 SmokeJumper Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
6/24/2015 9:41:04 AM reply with quote send message to SmokeJumper Kennel Object to Post

I remember those boys!! They look great!

I have wanted to do fly ball for soooooo long! I just need a dog that has an interest and would be competitive in the sport. My current dogs are too slow and have ZERO interest in toys or balls. Maybe the next dog will be more cooperative. laugh :D

I cannot wait to see your updates!!
 PPvallhunds
Basic User

Basic User
6/24/2015 1:58:40 PM reply with quote send message to PPvallhunds Object to Post

Looking good. Isn't flyball great! Been doing it the last 2 years and going to start racing with the team with my girl in the division races hopefully after her litter.
 Yippee Yahoo Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
6/24/2015 9:23:58 PM reply with quote send message to Yippee Yahoo Kennels Object to Post

I love flyball!!

I think I recognize your boxloader's shorts in that one picture. LOL

My dog Pirate is still working on his FD, we're at 9 points and counting. We started playing flyball in 2011. But then again, I was the weirdo who wanted to play flyball with a clingy chihuahua who didn't retrieve. laugh :D
 Elusive Border Collies
Basic User

Basic User
6/25/2015 12:31:31 AM reply with quote send message to Elusive Border Collies Object to Post

I'm really hoping to get Mav racing in August or September. Hoping he can do some warm-ups with our team at the next few tournaments. It's sooooo addicting I'm honestly surprised I didn't start sooner. Now all I want is a puppy that I can start turning into a flyball master XD.

Yippee, where do you compete? The purple camo shorts/cargo pants are kind of the un-official uniform of two lane highway. Everything on that team is purple its kind of awesome lol.

Yippee Yahoo Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
6/25/2015 12:18:50 PM reply with quote send message to Yippee Yahoo Kennels Object to Post

We are Region 13. Our club is Seaside Sprinters.

We mostly compete at the Mass and CT tournaments, but we also do Boothbay ME and some of the NY tournaments occasionally. The next tournament we are planning on attending is North Smithfield RI the end of August.

Replies in this thread : 10

Did you know?
At least two wins must be a set of three or more points ("majors"), under two different judges; at least one additional win under a third judge is also required.