Search

.com Forum · General

Replies in this thread : 18

Author Topic : Is no one buying puppies?
 K D And E Kennels
Basic User

System.__ComObject
6/25/2015 1:47:44 PM reply with quote send message to K D And E Kennels Object to Post   

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

I am so sad to constantly be FH'ing quality pups because I have no room or finances to keep them.

I currently have Australian Shepherds that are up to 97.80, these are not only finishable to GCH but some could be specials as well depending on traits.

I also have Dobermans in Camp Run Amok and Great Danes in Skylos Elysium. Same thing... beautiful pups going to waste. I don't put pups up for sale that I wouldn't show myself.

Do yourself a favor. Occasionally look at pups for sale in your breed. You may be surprised at what is available. And it never hurts to add new blood to your established lines.

Any way just a rant. Thanks for listeninbg.

-----
Last edited by K D And E Kennels on 6/25/2015 1:49:56 PM
 Treestand Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
6/25/2015 2:27:20 PM reply with quote send message to Treestand Kennel Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

I'll be in the market in a month for eight or nine breeds of dogs/puppies. happy :)

That's how I get my best new blood is new lines. I love supporting my fellow breeders. Great reminder! happy :)

-----
Last edited by Treestand Kennel on 6/25/2015 7:01:42 PM
 KC Sterling Creek
Basic User

Basic User
6/25/2015 8:38:31 PM reply with quote send message to KC Sterling Creek Object to Post

Well said.
 KC Sterling Creek
Basic User

Basic User
6/25/2015 8:41:51 PM reply with quote send message to KC Sterling Creek Object to Post

I have 5 kennels now and don't think anyone has ever considered my puppies would love to see some being shown by some other kennels working on breeding some quality puppies. Hope it improves in the future
 CountryStrong Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
6/25/2015 9:51:40 PM reply with quote send message to CountryStrong Kennels Object to Post

I'm having the same problem.with show quality pups in Australian Cattle Dogs...
 Gymea
Basic User

Basic User
6/26/2015 3:35:04 AM reply with quote send message to Gymea Object to Post

no - noone is buying puppies.

In some kennels I end up keeping the dog because it's too good to be FHed.

Yet in other kennels I am the only one selling puppies.

Makes me want to fh anything I don't want to keep.
 KC golden meadows
Basic User

Basic User
6/26/2015 6:26:08 AM reply with quote send message to KC golden meadows Object to Post

Just bought Great Dane puppy from hnc210
 Glittering
Basic User

Basic User
6/26/2015 5:19:51 PM reply with quote send message to Glittering Object to Post

I'm glad someone's buying. Well done.
 PPvallhunds
Basic User

Basic User
6/26/2015 5:55:55 PM reply with quote send message to PPvallhunds Object to Post

Sadly it's very often like this.

I rarely buy in in this kennel to be honist as I just don't need to and when there are pups for sale which isn't often they often arnt what I'd be looking for to add to my lines.

In my other kennel I forever homed the one of highest sop in a breed as I was leaving the breed and no one wanted to buy her, I would have given her away for nothing but no takers.
 mournebrake
Basic User

Basic User
6/26/2015 6:18:05 PM reply with quote send message to mournebrake Object to Post

No one is buying.
 Go Direct Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
6/30/2015 10:11:29 AM reply with quote send message to Go Direct Kennels Object to Post

I buy puppies on occasion in my other kennel, but I do not get puppies bought very often from me sad :(
 Go Direct Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
6/30/2015 10:11:53 AM reply with quote send message to Go Direct Kennels Object to Post

Treestand nine breeds !!! Hope you choose on the many I am in happy :)
 King Blazzo Kennels
Premium Member

Premium Member
6/30/2015 12:01:18 PM reply with quote send message to King Blazzo Kennels Object to Post

I've got a few dogs being showed by some other folks but i feel like you really have to talk to the person and help em find what their looking for and get em on good food you can't just hit quick list for sale and get any results.
 Dalkeith
Basic User

Basic User
6/30/2015 7:51:00 PM reply with quote send message to Dalkeith Object to Post

In the 9 years I've been playing there always seems to be a bit of a 'lull' at times re: puppy sales.

The best results are always when you advertise 'Breed looking for new players' - put as much info as possible in the post and make it interesting and FUN to read. I like to be as creative as possible - as people will be more drawn into looking at the full post and then making the next step to investigate the breed and then they will hopefully message you to get more info and then BAM - you've got puppy/dog sales! :P

I find that if you just place 'em up for sale they never get sold.

I'll also sometimes message all the other breeders to let them know that I have pups for sale at the moment - I'll just copy and paste the message etc.
 rhondacline
Basic User

Basic User
6/30/2015 8:04:57 PM reply with quote send message to rhondacline Object to Post

This is one of the main reasons we need to have a system that encourages basic players to stick around and show as basics.

I completely understand breeding being just for paid subscribers - but things like a decent dog food needs to be available to basics.

In my basic kennel, I have a dog that I have been feeding and sessioning for the ring using Super Duper and then Top Condition. FINALLY at 46 days she is at all 20s. It's hard enough for basic players to cope with the 14 days to the showring - but 46! That's ridiculous.
 Dalkeith
Basic User

Basic User
6/30/2015 8:55:31 PM reply with quote send message to Dalkeith Object to Post

Rhondacline - I completely agree with you there - that is ridiculous sad :(
 kc meadows
Basic User

Basic User
6/30/2015 9:38:39 PM reply with quote send message to kc meadows Object to Post

Just sold my first puppy sooo exciting!
 Treestand Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
7/1/2015 2:45:40 AM reply with quote send message to Treestand Kennel Object to Post

Congrats KC!
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
7/1/2015 1:08:26 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

Rhonda - My thoughts exactly. And not just ShowDog.

Basics are the 'arteries' that keep the money circulating.

That said, Basics have it pretty good here compared to those on ShowHorse.

I do agree that they need better feeding options. There are ways around it though. When you sell to a Basic, make sure the dog is on a good food and make sure the Basic knows what's what. Unless they change it, that dog will stay on that food. Now whether it's considered legal, I have also bought back these pups into a different kennel and put them on adult food at 14 days and then sold them back to the Basic. And I notice that Basic is now a subscribed kennel . . .

Replies in this thread : 18

Did you know?
Additional points may be awarded to the Best of Winners, or a class dog that goes Best of Breed or Best of Opposite Sex, again depending on the number of dogs competing