Search

.com Forum · Alpha Dog Forum

Replies in this thread : 5

Author Topic : Anyone having trouble breeding bitches?
 Magyar Kutya
Basic User

System.__ComObject
6/28/2015 8:00:40 AM reply with quote send message to Magyar Kutya Object to Post   

I've tried breeding one of my bitches today - nothing - maybe she's not quite ready or my male has other ideas but I've put them together 3 times in the past hour and she refuses to get pregnant. Any ideas?
 PPvallhunds
Basic User

Basic User
6/28/2015 8:57:30 AM reply with quote send message to PPvallhunds Object to Post

which bitch?
 Treestand Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
6/28/2015 10:53:28 AM reply with quote send message to Treestand Kennel Object to Post

When dogs and bitches are 29 days old they will show up on the breeding page. I do that all the time, look through my list of studs, pick one I like only to be redirected to his page. laugh :D

If you post the bitch/stud in question, we can help out a little better. happy :)
 Magyar Kutya
Basic User

Basic User
6/28/2015 8:31:11 PM reply with quote send message to Magyar Kutya Object to Post

www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=14044112

I've tried my own male who is over 30 days, and outside studs, she's having nothing to do with any of them!
 Magyar Kutya
Basic User

Basic User
6/28/2015 8:32:55 PM reply with quote send message to Magyar Kutya Object to Post

Just tried her with the male again and she's receptive, I got a mating, and hey ho she's in whelp!
 Treestand Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
6/29/2015 6:44:32 PM reply with quote send message to Treestand Kennel Object to Post

It looks like he may have been 29 days old when you originally tried.

At any rate, I'm happy she finally got pregnant! happy :)

Replies in this thread : 5

Did you know?
A specialty show may be regional or national. A "Best in Show" win at a national specialty show is tremendously prestigious, indicating that the winning dog or bitch triumphed at a contest which attracted entries from the most serious fanciers of that breed in the country or continent. Some specialty shows attract international entries.