Page : 1 2
<< prev page next page >>

Author Topic : Making Stuff! [Banners, GPs, ect]
 Myths
Basic User

System.__ComObject
6/29/2015 8:18:40 PM reply with quote send message to Myths Object to Post   

this post has been edited 5 time(s)

Right. So it's been a looonnnggg time since I've really made a (good) banner, but I'm going to try and sharpen up my skills a bit.

I can make banners / GPs / PPs / whatever you can think of, just ask. Everything is free, but since my kennel is a bit broke at the moment I would really appreciate some donations. razz :p

Examples

Order Form
Type [Banner, GP, PP]:
Main Text:
Sub Text:
Breed(s):
Background:
Theme:
Other:

Orders
Beware that I'm going to be VERY slow in making these, so bare with me haha.

1. Gilded Kennels [2 GPs]
2. Dark Secret Kennels

-Myths

-----
Last edited by Myths on 7/13/2015 5:14:31 PM
 SmokeJumper Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
6/29/2015 8:48:21 PM reply with quote send message to SmokeJumper Kennel Object to Post

Type [banner, GP, PP] - Banner
Main Text: Treestand Kennel
Sub Text:
Breed(s): Borzoi and Gordon Setter
Background: I'm bad, I have no creative direction. I'm happy with anything. laugh :D
Theme: None?
Other: I like not stacked pictures if that makes sense? If you decide to do two seperate banners with one breed each, that's awesome too! happy :) I am happy to have a traditional rectangle banner or one like Hazel Gate. I'm honestly happy with just about anything. happy :)

I'll have more orders in a few weeks! wink ;)
 Amoroso
Premium Member

Premium Member
6/29/2015 9:08:52 PM reply with quote send message to Amoroso Object to Post

Type [Banner, GP, PP]: Banner
Main Text: Amoroso
Sub Text: Dachshunds and Bearded Collies
Breed(s): Dachshund (preferably wire or smooth) and Bearded Collie
Background: anything natural...a field would be appropriate, as long as the dachshund is visible and stands out as well lol
Theme: natural (I'm fairly easy so whatever you think looks best)
Other: Thanks in advance!

Em
 Elusive Border Collies
Basic User

Basic User
6/30/2015 5:36:02 AM reply with quote send message to Elusive Border Collies Object to Post

I want I want! I just came back recently ao it needs a little something.

Order Form
Type [Banner, GP, PP]: banner/matching gp if you feel up to it?
Main Text: Elusive Border Collies
Sub Text:
Breed(s): Border Collie
Background: woodsie
Theme: pink and fantasy like or maybe rustic and green a little farmy? I give you creative powers. Simple is good with me.
Other:

I'll gladly donate laugh :D
 Myths
Basic User

Basic User
6/30/2015 1:34:30 PM reply with quote send message to Myths Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Alright, here's my first banner in forever. o.o Hopefully it's okay! I will more than gladly do a redo if you want. I hope I got the Borzoi / Setter proportion right.

(There are no sources due to the fact that none of the images I used required it, and I was too lazy to tack them on just for the sake of it. razz :p)

[edit] Actually, that thing is tiny. Here's a bigger version.

-Myths

-----
Last edited by Myths on 6/30/2015 1:36:37 PM
 Treestand Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
6/30/2015 1:36:54 PM reply with quote send message to Treestand Kennel Object to Post

Thank you!!!

Send me a payment pup please!
 Myths
Basic User

Basic User
6/30/2015 5:43:42 PM reply with quote send message to Myths Object to Post

Okay, here's Amoroso's! Hopefully it looks alright, that bearded collie gave me one heck of a time with all of it's hair. D: I can resize it if you want, or redo it if you aren't happy. happy :)

mournebrake
Basic User

Basic User
7/1/2015 4:48:21 AM reply with quote send message to mournebrake Object to Post

Myths, well done you on making banners, I hope you don't mind a couple of (I hope) constructive comments.

The heads on the Borzoi and Setter are out of proportion, Borzois are big headed but refined, much bigger dogs than setters and so the two dogs should reflect that difference when stacked next to each other.

The Dachshund head is not great, I looked twice and had to check to see if it were a bad Ridgeback initially, Dachs heads should be easily recognisable, this one isn't.

I appreciate it's difficult, and I couldn't make banners myself so I feel a little hypocritical making comments but hope you'll take it as meant, in good spirit, and above all I think you are very talented and thank you for joining the ranks of banner makers.
 Myths
Basic User

Basic User
7/1/2015 8:56:44 AM reply with quote send message to Myths Object to Post

Of course I don't mind! happy :) Thank you so much for the feedback!

Unfortunately, I don't have very much experience with dogs in RL - I think that's where most of this problem might stem from, since I don't have an idea of actual sizes / proportion and have to go off what I can read and see from google haha.

I attempted to research the sizes of the Gordon and Borzoi, but I think on that account I was thrown off because the measurement shown on the Borzoi page was up to the shoulder whereas the Setter result was the full height I believe. I'll have to look more carefully next time. happy :)

As for the heads being out of proportion, I can't think why that would be. I was careful to keep the proportions from the image that I took the dogs from while scaling and such - could I perhaps PM you the pictures I used to see if they themselves were inaccurate or if they somehow got lost in translation?

The dachshund I can understand though. razz :p I did a lot of editing on that one which threw the tone of the skin off, as well as removing the collar off of that one so the neck might be a bit less defined. Beside that the proportion is off on that one as well, the head should be smaller than the Bearded's I presume - though that one was more intentional since I wanted both breeds to be showcased equally. happy :)

-Myths
 Myths
Basic User

Basic User
7/1/2015 11:50:46 AM reply with quote send message to Myths Object to Post

Here's Elusive's banner. If you like this one, I'll go ahead and make the matching GP. happy :) Hopefully this isn't too pink haha.

Also, as for Treestand and Amoroso - if you would like me to follow up with mournebrake's comments and fix the proportions / appearances of your dogs please tell me so and I'll start on it right away. ^-^

-----
Last edited by Myths on 7/1/2015 11:55:29 AM
 Gilded Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
7/1/2015 2:19:18 PM reply with quote send message to Gilded Kennels Object to Post

Type [Banner, GP, PP]: Could I get a banner and 2 gps?
Main Text:I would like the banner to just say "Gilded Kennels" The first GP should say "A Gilded Staffie" and the next one should say "A Gilded Aussie"
Sub Text:
Breed(s):Staffordshire Bull Terrier and Australian Shepard
Background: Giving you creative freedom here
Theme: Golden, sparkling, glittering
Other: I will pay for these! And thank you in advance.
 demiiden
Basic User

Basic User
7/4/2015 3:22:19 AM reply with quote send message to demiiden Object to Post

Type [Banner, GP, PP]:
Main Text: demiiden
Sub Text: #2 Manchester terriers
Breed(s):Manchester Terrier
Background: love amorressos banner similar ?
Theme: powerful
Other: I love amorressos banner and also the beagle in the example
 Myths
Basic User

Basic User
7/5/2015 10:00:47 AM reply with quote send message to Myths Object to Post

My apologies for being a bit slow! I've been with family for the 4th of July, so I've been a bit busy. happy :) I'm working on Gilded's now.
 Elusive Border Collies
Basic User

Basic User
7/6/2015 1:01:37 PM reply with quote send message to Elusive Border Collies Object to Post

It's perfect! Ty! How did you want me to pay?
 Amoroso
Premium Member

Premium Member
7/7/2015 3:11:48 PM reply with quote send message to Amoroso Object to Post

posted by Myths
Okay, here's Amoroso's! Hopefully it looks alright, that bearded collie gave me one heck of a time with all of it's hair. D: I can resize it if you want, or redo it if you aren't happy. happy :)

First off, I love the overall style and theme...and actually love the beardie! But, I do agree with one of the above posts that the dachshund head is not a great representative :/ If you could find another photo that would fit in place for the dachshund, that would be wonderful! I will pay extra for the re-do happy :) And thank you again!

Em
 Myths
Basic User

Basic User
7/7/2015 3:16:06 PM reply with quote send message to Myths Object to Post

Amoroso - No worries at all! happy :) I'll start working on that now. ^-^

Elusive - I'll send over a link to a paypup in a second. happy :)

Gilded - Sorry for taking so long, but here it is. If you're happy with this one, I'll go ahead and make the GPs.

It's not one of my best, that staffie REFUSED to cooperate, no matter what I did. D:

-----
Last edited by Myths on 7/7/2015 3:16:34 PM
 Gilded Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
7/7/2015 8:23:45 PM reply with quote send message to Gilded Kennels Object to Post

Oh I really love it! The only thing I'm seeing is that the staffie is an American Staffordshire Terrier and not a Staffordshire bull terrier. Maybe I'm wrong though?
 Dark Secret Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
7/12/2015 9:38:16 AM reply with quote send message to Dark Secret Kennels Object to Post

Type [Banner, GP, PP]: Banner
Main Text: Dark Secret Kennels
Sub Text: None
Breed(s): Border Collie
Background: Any
Theme: Any
Other:
 Rakkaus
Basic User

Basic User
7/12/2015 2:26:27 PM reply with quote send message to Rakkaus Object to Post

Could I give you my own images of a dog to use? laugh :D
 Myths
Basic User

Basic User
7/13/2015 3:04:10 PM reply with quote send message to Myths Object to Post

Gilded - Good grief. I'm really not good at working with dogs am I? I'll be right on that once I finish Amoroso's edit.

Rakkus - Of course! That'd actually be preferable, deciding which pictures to use probably takes me longer at times than actually making the banner. razz :p
 demiiden
Basic User

Basic User
7/13/2015 3:05:12 PM reply with quote send message to demiiden Object to Post

Can't wait to see mine happy :)

Replies in this thread : 28
Page : 1 2
<< prev page next page >>

Did you know?
The sit for exam is a modified version of the Stand for Exam. It is generally used in novice level classes and requires the handler to order the dog to sit and then to move away from the dog the length of the leash. The judge will then approach the dog and pet the dog's head.