Search

.com Forum · General

Replies in this thread : 7

Author Topic : Maltese breeders?????
 Crystal Cove Kennels
Basic User

System.__ComObject
7/1/2015 9:43:05 AM reply with quote send message to Crystal Cove Kennels Object to Post   

I was looking at the list of breeds and noticed that no one is breeding maltese. I looked around and cannot find any active kennels with a maltese in them that is not a source dog. Is this breed lost ? Does anyone else know of/have a maltese that is not a source dog in their kennel?
 Mignon Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
7/1/2015 9:59:22 AM reply with quote send message to Mignon Kennel Object to Post

I have a couple of 400+ day old bitches around 80ish SOP on my reclaim list.

There were two kennels until recently Roches and Westlea - and they have dogs at stud.
 Phlossy
Basic User

Basic User
7/1/2015 10:36:06 AM reply with quote send message to Phlossy Object to Post

Almost makes me want to start breeding them.
 Mignon Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
7/1/2015 10:47:39 AM reply with quote send message to Mignon Kennel Object to Post

I have the same problem. Whatever breed is at the bottom or has very few breeders... I always get sucked in. That's why I had Maltese originally.

That's it, I'm reclaiming the best girl and breeding her. The bad thing with Maltese is they have small litters.
 Crystal Cove Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
7/1/2015 12:07:01 PM reply with quote send message to Crystal Cove Kennels Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

I would be interested in buying a maltese. I have a color project going in this kennel, so it could keep me occupied. Plus I've bred them in the past in other kennels

-----
Last edited by Crystal Cove Kennels on 7/1/2015 12:07:29 PM
 Crystal Cove Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
7/1/2015 12:08:16 PM reply with quote send message to Crystal Cove Kennels Object to Post

I know exactly what you mean... That is how i got into breeding WPG's, they were at the very bottom of the list for a while LOL
 Legend Has It
Basic User

Basic User
7/2/2015 10:36:30 PM reply with quote send message to Legend Has It Object to Post

I have one male that's 80+, but I had to buy source dogs and I've started breeding them. I've even found a few abandoned kennels with old stud dogs.
 Legend Has It
Basic User

Basic User
7/2/2015 10:37:33 PM reply with quote send message to Legend Has It Object to Post

Xalias is my other free kennel, so I was the only person in the breed.

Replies in this thread : 7

The Kennel Club (UK) system, which is also used by the Australian National Kennel Council[1] and in other countries, is considered the most difficult to earn a title under.