Search

.com Forum · General

Replies in this thread : 10

Author Topic : Back After 4 Years
 Azhar
Basic User

System.__ComObject
7/1/2015 2:41:28 PM reply with quote send message to Azhar Object to Post   

I've been part of this sight on and off for the past I want to say... 10 years? This is the only account I used to use that I remember!
I just want to say hi! And you'll see me about and more active on my new main account (Gilded Kennels).
Anyways here's to getting the hang of and relearning everything again.
If anyone has any advice for me that might help out I welcome it. Not sure what all has changed.

-Jessica
 Gilded Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
7/1/2015 2:56:02 PM reply with quote send message to Gilded Kennels Object to Post

Oh, on that note, is anyone looking for any dogs to be finished? I'd like to finish a few on my basic account.
 Myths
Basic User

Basic User
7/1/2015 3:01:11 PM reply with quote send message to Myths Object to Post

Welcome back! happy :) I just returned from a hiatus myself (though I was only gone for around two years I think haha), I hope you enjoy your time back! happy :)

Unfortunately I don't have any dogs on hand that I need finishing, I'm in two source breeding programs so I'm not really trying to show anything at the moment. razz :p

I can't say I know this place inside out, but feel free to ask me if you have any questions about anything! happy :)

-Myths
 Treestand Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
7/1/2015 3:26:13 PM reply with quote send message to Treestand Kennel Object to Post

I'm sure I can find something for you to finish. I have a few breeds to choose from. laugh :D I'll shoot you a message. happy :)

The biggest changes for me when I came back were:

- Puppies no longer settle, they are born with their stats.
- Judges have preferences now; some like dogs over bitches, some like bitches over dogs, some prefer you to handle the dog rather than use a handler
- There is a log in bonus, so log in every day and after 7 days you get $50 added to your account for every day you log in. If you miss a day, you have to work back up to the $50

Those are the major things I remember right now.

A few of us are trying to get chat going again, so if you ever see folks in chat, please swing by and say hi! We like having people come in!
 Gilded Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
7/1/2015 3:50:02 PM reply with quote send message to Gilded Kennels Object to Post

I'll absolutely stop by in chat!

I was wondering why I kept getting $50 deposited into my balance. That makes sense though.
Is it just me or does everything seem a little less... active than it used to be?
I remember the forums being popping most of the time and now I see things posted a month ago still on the first page of topics.
Maybe I'm just remembering incorrectly... anyways it's good to be back!
 Myths
Basic User

Basic User
7/1/2015 3:55:29 PM reply with quote send message to Myths Object to Post

Oh yeah, a lot of the old users are saying how it used to be a lot more active. Personally I wasn't ever apart of the 'golden era', but there are a lot of comments how there are a lot less people on the forums and such. happy :)

Apparently chat used to be a lot more active as well, there are a few that frequent (myself sort of being one of them, though I've just returned so I haven't really been all that consistent) but it isn't usually that busy.
 mournebrake
Basic User

Basic User
7/1/2015 4:18:43 PM reply with quote send message to mournebrake Object to Post

Welcome back!!

A lot of us 'oldies' have been lured back recently and it's taken me a while to get used to the newer style game.

The game is less active and chat is quiet but there are a lot of us very keen to improve elements of SD, so any suggestions you have please post them.
 kiroja
Premium Member

Premium Member
7/1/2015 6:08:45 PM reply with quote send message to kiroja Object to Post

I'm recently back too, welcome!
 Treestand Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
7/2/2015 1:02:24 AM reply with quote send message to Treestand Kennel Object to Post

It was great seeing you in chat tonight! Man, I think that is the busiest I have seen it since the old days! happy :)
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
7/2/2015 1:24:26 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

Welcome back.

Although we may not see the numbers we had before we do seem to be getting a lot of folks returning.

There have been changes in the game and changes in everyone's lives - mayby since they are older their lives are more settled, careers established, so more time for computer games! That's my theory anyway.
 Yippee Yahoo Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
7/2/2015 10:11:30 PM reply with quote send message to Yippee Yahoo Kennels Object to Post

Welcome back! I have a ridiculous amount of showable puppies at most times. I'd be glad to have you finish a couple. Message me if you are interested.

Replies in this thread : 10

Did you know?
Since its centenary year in 1991, Crufts has officially been recognised as the world's largest and most prestigious dog show by the Guinness Book of Records, with a total of 22,973 dogs being exhibited that year.