Search

.com Forum · General

Replies in this thread : 7

Author Topic : looking for another breed
 apso s
Basic User

System.__ComObject
7/4/2015 1:00:25 PM reply with quote send message to apso s Object to Post   

well im looking for a new breed to try. I want either a breed that has a missing colour that needs breeding up to show quality or one that has some nice players who entre shows and who can offer me some nice adult brood girls to get me started.

Any suggestions?
 Yippee Yahoo Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
7/4/2015 4:36:24 PM reply with quote send message to Yippee Yahoo Kennels Object to Post

Chihuahuas. We have friendly players. We have rare and missing colors that several of us are working to bring back. Studs are plentiful and for the most part, cheap. And I can provide you with brood bitches.
 Gypsy Wind Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
7/4/2015 8:00:02 PM reply with quote send message to Gypsy Wind Kennels Object to Post

Everyone wants to join keeshonds. happy :) We can certainly get you set up with some broodies. We're taking group and show placements, there are plenty of dogs available but its not ultra competitive. We also have arguably the most friendly and social set of breeders in the game. If you have any questions, mosey on down to our breed thread, its the longest one here, you cant miss it. happy :)
 top dog the k9 place
Basic User

Basic User
7/4/2015 8:38:32 PM reply with quote send message to top dog the k9 place Object to Post

You could try Canaan Dogs! There are more than 100 colors and only about 10 are currently show quality. If you would like some broods, I almost always have some available, just send a message.

happy :)
Heather
 CS Animalia
Basic User

Basic User
7/4/2015 10:04:25 PM reply with quote send message to CS Animalia Object to Post

I second cannons, and can also help you get started with colors. One of the big "projects" going on is reintroducing unticked dogs-right now at 2nd gen starters.
 Treestand Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
7/5/2015 3:02:36 AM reply with quote send message to Treestand Kennel Object to Post

I have a few suggestions. laugh :D

Alaskan Klee Kais are a breed that was going extinct, but a few kennels are working to bring them back. We are also working on colors. Red and White seems to be good, so I am focusing more on Grey and White. We would love some help here!

American Foxhounds are a breed that was pretty extinct, so a few kennels have began breeding source dogs to abandoned studs. At last check the highest SOP was 27.something. I just bought a new source bitch recently, so I am bringing in a little bit of new blood, and hoping I can catch up to every one eventually. laugh :D Both colors are available, but this breed really needs the help getting up to show quality.

Norfolk Terriers have a few breeders and the SOP is up to show quality. Here we are working on bringing the other colors up to show quality. I have just recently brought them back, so I am not sure of the status of the other colors.

Bedlington Terriers are one I just joined. Sandy and Sandy and Tan are not in the picture right now, but I just purchased a Sandy bitch to work on bringing those colors back. There was only one (I believe) kennel who was breeding and showing these actively, so she would love some competition in her breed.

I am new to all of these breeds, but in the beginning stages all of the kennels I have contacted have been super nice and willing to help get me started (which is a huge bonus for me!). Best of luck in your search!
 Topaz Fields
Basic User

Basic User
7/5/2015 6:13:18 AM reply with quote send message to Topaz Fields Object to Post

Salukis! So many colors and patterns...nearly all of which are extinct. The breed has a few dedicated breeders, who are all extremely nice.
 PPvallhunds
Basic User

Basic User
7/7/2015 1:40:43 AM reply with quote send message to PPvallhunds Object to Post

Thanks everyone, think I'll look into the cannans first and if not I'll check out the other breeds mentioned.

I use to be in keeshonds untill I gave the kennel away I allways enjoyed the breed but just lost intrest in them.

Replies in this thread : 7

Did you know?
An obedience trial is a dog sport in which a dog must perfectly execute a predefined set of tasks when directed to do so by his handler