Search

.com Forum · Real Show Dogs

Replies in this thread : 3

Author Topic : GSD Breeders - Tri State Area?
 Rakkaus
Basic User

System.__ComObject
7/11/2015 1:20:38 PM reply with quote send message to Rakkaus Object to Post   

Does anyone know of any reputable breeders in German Shepherd Dogs in the tri-state area? (NJ/PA/NYC/RI)?

Thanks in advance! laugh :D
 Blue Moon Collies
Premium Member

Premium Member
7/11/2015 1:44:54 PM reply with quote send message to Blue Moon Collies Object to Post

I might know someone in NJ. I've sent a friend an email to see if they are still actively breeding.
 Rakkaus
Basic User

Basic User
7/11/2015 2:01:13 PM reply with quote send message to Rakkaus Object to Post

Great thank you! I'm in NJ happy :)
 Spellcraft Kennel
Premium Member

Premium Member
7/24/2015 9:58:02 PM reply with quote send message to Spellcraft Kennel Object to Post

If I were looking for a good reputable breeder in that area, I would go to Eichenluft workinggermanshepherd.com

Most breeders do ship, so that is always an option. I own 2 dogs from vandenheuvelk9.com which I am very happy with. I also know a good number of other dogs from the breeder that are great.

I have also owned 2 dogs from zutreuenhanden.com that were also great.

It just depends on the kind of dog you want. No matter who you get a dog from, DEMAND the parents have hip and elbows done from OFA, "a" stamp, or equivalent and that they do something with their dog and title as a bare minimum. No good breeder would do otherwise. I obviously love working lines and train/compete in IPO, SDA, and AKC events, but I don't discount the value of other venues.

Good luck finding your dog. I would just take your time and talk to multiple breeders to pick one. It is always best to see the different types of shepherds in person to decide too (American showline, German showline, German working line, etc).

Replies in this thread : 3

Did you know?
A specialty show may be regional or national. A "Best in Show" win at a national specialty show is tremendously prestigious, indicating that the winning dog or bitch triumphed at a contest which attracted entries from the most serious fanciers of that breed in the country or continent. Some specialty shows attract international entries.