.com Forum · Canaan Dog

Replies in this thread : 44
Page : 1 2 3
<< prev page next page >>

Author Topic : Canaan Community Post
 top dog the k9 place
Basic User

System.__ComObject
7/12/2015 9:45:32 PM reply with quote send message to top dog the k9 place Object to Post   

Hey guys, we have the trait and color posts already, but I figured we could all benefit from a thread for the general happenings in the breed. And what more appropriate time than the birth of a new high SOP dog? Just had a 94.35 drop today. No name yet, but I am very excited that we're moving forward!

happy :)
Heather
 CS Riverflow
Basic User

Basic User
7/13/2015 4:58:11 AM reply with quote send message to CS Riverflow Object to Post

Congrats! That's awesome! Is that high all time? For me, I'm just trying to get my kennels sorted into a showing kennel, working on SOP, and a color breeding kennel, trying to bring back untucked as well as some of the solid and non-dilute colors-and long coats!
 Lany
Basic User

Basic User
7/13/2015 1:57:34 PM reply with quote send message to Lany Object to Post

I won't be showing anything for a LONG LONG time. I'm going to be color breeding only here for now. But, if either of you get any higher SOP non liver based pups that you're willing to sell, let me know and I'll take a look.

I'm currently breeding my two higher SOP non dilute boys through all my girls, and my really low SOP Tt male through them too (so will take a while to get them all!) I have put some of my crappy SOP boys up for stud because it's easier for me to use them that way, so just ignore them on the stud list!

top dog the k9 place
Basic User

Basic User
7/15/2015 6:33:12 PM reply with quote send message to top dog the k9 place Object to Post

I believe 94.35 is the highest. Pwllgwyn had a 94 before they stopped logging in.

I hear you guys on the kennel organization woes--I weeded out some unnecessary dogs today and it took forever. Once I have the RL money, I'll probably open up my color-only kennel again. With limited space for now, I'm mostly working toward Sand, Gold, Cream, and Black variations. It shouldn't be too long before we get some show quality Sand/Gold dominant dogs rather than White and Sand/Gold, so I'm looking forward to that!

Lany, you can check my kennel page for any non liver based colors of interest--just updated my list of colors today and should have some more combinations to add to that list late tomorrow night. Let me know if you'd like any!

Heather
 top dog the k9 place
Basic User

Basic User
7/22/2015 4:35:26 PM reply with quote send message to top dog the k9 place Object to Post

Not trying to ruin your surprise, CS, but 94.35 is no longer the high! And yes I am admittedly a little intense with my kennel stalking habits. razz :p
 CS Riverflow
Basic User

Basic User
7/22/2015 5:28:13 PM reply with quote send message to CS Riverflow Object to Post

I guess I should go check my kennel....*whistles do de do* and runs off...
 CS Animalia
Basic User

Basic User
7/22/2015 5:33:14 PM reply with quote send message to CS Animalia Object to Post

I guess I should introduce my new boy...he is stunning! And black based color!

www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=14182723

thanks for the heads up top dog! That is a great producing stud you have there!

And I may have been known to stalk a kennel or two (or all)-it's half of the fun!
 Lycaons
Basic User

Basic User
7/24/2015 4:23:55 AM reply with quote send message to Lycaons Object to Post

I'll admit that my Canaan kennel isn't my top priority, but I hope to organize it (again) this weekend. I will likely get rid of most of my white and black dogs, to make room for the other colors. And if I need to purge again, it'll be to focus on non-ticked dogs (so I'm definitely interested in those!)
 Lany
Basic User

Basic User
7/24/2015 4:24:29 AM reply with quote send message to Lany Object to Post

Oops, that was me, in my Kees kennel!
 GraveDigger Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
8/6/2015 10:55:05 AM reply with quote send message to GraveDigger Kennel Object to Post

Hi guys!

I have decided to bring Canaans back. It has been hard to be away so long. lol

I will be doing three breeds so I won't be keeping as much as you guys, but if I can wrap my head around color breeding, I may give it a shot. I have a bunch of other source projects, what is one more? laugh :D I look forward to seeing you guys around! happy :)
 top dog the k9 place
Basic User

Basic User
8/6/2015 5:05:25 PM reply with quote send message to top dog the k9 place Object to Post

Welcome! I remember you from way back! Let any of us know if you need anything to start with--color-wise I have black, cream, gold, sand, and white with a usually up to date list on my kennel page.

Heather
 CirclingSky
Basic User

Basic User
8/11/2015 7:33:01 PM reply with quote send message to CirclingSky Object to Post

Its a little late but welcome! Glad you are here, just give a yell if you are looking for something specific!
 Treestand Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
8/11/2015 7:44:45 PM reply with quote send message to Treestand Kennel Object to Post

I'm excited to have the boy I got from Heather in the ring .... Just waiting on changing over my session setting. Bums me out you can only buy ten extra sessions. 18 isn't cutting it. 22 will make a larger dent. laugh :D

I can't wait to really get going with you guys!! happy :)
 top dog the k9 place
Basic User

Basic User
8/12/2015 5:22:51 PM reply with quote send message to top dog the k9 place Object to Post

Another high SOP broken--we have made so many leaps recently, hopefully more group/show placements will follow! Introducing the first 94.6 Canaan, though it is a girl this time...

www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=14232746
 Treestand Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
8/12/2015 5:33:20 PM reply with quote send message to Treestand Kennel Object to Post

Congrats, she's a beauty!!
 CS Riverflow
Basic User

Basic User
8/12/2015 8:22:23 PM reply with quote send message to CS Riverflow Object to Post

yay! Congrats! So exciting to have so many nice dogs being produced! We are making huge progress...hard to believe it was only January when I was able to scrounge ONE female with a ~91 SOP to start reviving the breed-it is awesome that we are where we are at...and don't even get me started on the colors!! LOL Great job everyone!
 top dog the k9 place
Basic User

Basic User
8/12/2015 9:16:39 PM reply with quote send message to top dog the k9 place Object to Post

Yeah, it's great! I feel responsible for the lull in progression since I left when no one was really interested in the breed, but I wouldn't have graduated in 3 years if I had dedicated any more time to SD. razz :p Glad we're making up for lost time now!
 CS Astronomical
Basic User

Basic User
8/13/2015 5:01:21 PM reply with quote send message to CS Astronomical Object to Post

Well, college graduation > fake internet dogs-totally understand that priority list! And at least your break was short....I walked away for almost ten years before someone (cough cough Lany) got me readdicted... Yeah, I can just do one kennel...just for fun (less than two weeks later) yeah, I'll just reopen my family account....then just a basic kennel to get some Canaan starters (less than a day later) just upgrade the basic kennel to get two more free starters....it's madness but oh so much fun!

And you left your studs available! That made a huge difference in getting ahead even when you weren't here-so thanks again for that!
 GraveDigger Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
8/13/2015 7:25:17 PM reply with quote send message to GraveDigger Kennel Object to Post

I tried coming back to Canaans when I already had four breeds in my kennel. It was too tight for me. lol

My litter from Rumba dropped, shooting you a message CS ... I am keeping a 93.4 bitch and a 93.45 dog just to start breeding somewhere. Hopefully their offspring will throw me into the showing! If not, I'm sure I'll have bought a puppy from someone. lol

I'm thinking tonight or tomorrow is the reorganization of the kennels to see where I can get the most room for the Canaans. I do believe there will be a breed leaving to make room for a clearly SD heart breed of mine. laugh :D
 TreeHouse Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
8/14/2015 3:30:53 PM reply with quote send message to TreeHouse Kennel Object to Post

I moved the Canaans from Gravedigger Kennel to here. I put out a starter dogs wanted so I am joining the color project. laugh :D

Thank you for the reminder CS!!
 TreeHouse Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
8/14/2015 7:11:20 PM reply with quote send message to TreeHouse Kennel Object to Post

Just an FYI, Canaans are $111.96 each to purchase! I just bought five. laugh :D

The colors I received are:

Black and Tan
Black and White
White and Cream Long Coat
Liver and White Ticked
Liver Long Coat

Are these common colors or are they worth keeping?

I am not seeing a list of current colors everyone has ... I'm going to make a post for this. I'll start combing through everyone's kennels tonight after the kids go to bed. happy :)

Replies in this thread : 44
Page : 1 2 3
<< prev page next page >>

Did you know?
The third obedience title is a UD, or "Utility Dog", which is earned through competition in the Utility obedience class