.com Forum · Canaan Dog

Replies in this thread : 44
Page : 1 2 3
<< prev page next page >>

Lany
Basic User

Basic User
8/14/2015 9:09:10 PM reply with quote send message to Lany Object to Post

Thanks for the heads up on the low price starters! I'm off to buy some now! (They were around 500 for a long time, and I want to chose the color so double that!).

As far as your colors for the starters, black and tan is more common I think. Black and white is slowly increasing (in my kennel at least), a couple of us are working on unticked dogs. I don't think white and cream long coat is common (if you decide you don't want to source breed, I'll buy this one from you, since it's unticked!), liver and white is really common. Not sure about solid liver long coat.

I'm source breeding colors, so nothing showing here for a long time, but welcome to the breed!
 Lany
Basic User

Basic User
8/14/2015 9:10:20 PM reply with quote send message to Lany Object to Post

Oh, and the "color breeding chat" post in the Canaan forum should give you an idea of what some of us are working on.
 KodachromeCanaans
Basic User

Basic User
8/14/2015 9:27:47 PM reply with quote send message to KodachromeCanaans Object to Post

Thanks for the heads up on the heads up Lany! I bought 4, put the males up for stud. Actually liver and white is not common, but white and liver ticked is. Anything unticked is not common, though cream and white is becoming more so.

In this kennel I am mostly working on unticked of all colors, will just keep the highest SOP that is unticked. In CirclingSky, I am working on solid colors and color and white (though have some tricolors and black and tan too).
 TreeHouse Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
8/15/2015 2:32:42 AM reply with quote send message to TreeHouse Kennel Object to Post

Oops, I thought I was in the color chat.

I will be doing color breeding and some showing. happy :)
 Lany
Basic User

Basic User
8/15/2015 2:20:18 PM reply with quote send message to Lany Object to Post

My two new starter boys are also up for stud. I bought a total of 6 since the price was low (4 girls, 2 boys), so I should be good for a bit!
 Blitz Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
8/31/2015 4:56:45 PM reply with quote send message to Blitz Kennel Object to Post

I think I am going to focus on long coats. That's slightly less scary. laugh :D

Tonight I hope to go through and cull anything that isn't long coat and then I will go through and find the colors that aren't looking to be around and go from there. Maybe. laugh :D

I really need to get a direction in mind. laugh :D laugh :D
 CS Astronomical
Basic User

Basic User
8/31/2015 7:39:57 PM reply with quote send message to CS Astronomical Object to Post

Directions are overrated-LOL! I keep changing my mind....but have pretty much settled on solids in CirclingSky and unticked in Kodachrome. I think!
 Blitz Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
9/1/2015 2:34:52 AM reply with quote send message to Blitz Kennel Object to Post

As of right now, I have only Long Coated dogs, with the exception of a pregnant short haired bitch or two. happy :)
 Blitz Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
9/1/2015 2:36:56 AM reply with quote send message to Blitz Kennel Object to Post

I just checked the starter prices and they are currently $177.08 for a random colored dog.
 Lany
Basic User

Basic User
9/1/2015 4:33:32 AM reply with quote send message to Lany Object to Post

Eriseds will be solid dogs for me, slowly moving them over (so far, haven't triggered the "can't do more" thing yet).

Lany will be unticked.

Both will be non-liver, as much as I can do.

Blitz Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
9/22/2015 12:36:09 PM reply with quote send message to Blitz Kennel Object to Post

How is everyone doing? Ihave decided to work on long coats of any color, but I'm waiting on the dogs to get to breeding age so I can carry on. laugh :D
 CS Riverflow
Basic User

Basic User
9/22/2015 8:49:57 PM reply with quote send message to CS Riverflow Object to Post

Great! I am making progress with unticked in kodachrome very slowly...and with solids in circling sky. I have to keep reminding myself that I can't work on all of the possibilities-so glad to hear you are doing long coats specifically!
 Eriseds
Basic User

Basic User
9/23/2015 4:24:14 AM reply with quote send message to Eriseds Object to Post

Blitz, not sure if you're looking for more long coats, but if you are, I have a few. It's not something I'm striving for in particular, but I've kept some.

I had 3 bitches drop today, one gold, two black and tan. SOP ranges from 54.85-59.90.

One liver boy, SOP 61.15, 6 days old.

Quite a few other puppies, lower SOP. And a couple cream bitches who are ready to breed.

If you want any of them, if they can help you out, they're yours, just let me know.
 Lany
Basic User

Basic User
9/23/2015 4:26:23 AM reply with quote send message to Lany Object to Post

As far as my own breeding plans, solids are coming along okay in Eriseds.

Unticked in this kennel are moving VERY slowing in SOP, if they're moving up at all! But, I'll still plug along with them!

If I have time this weekend, I'll try to make a list of my top in SOPs in each color in my breeding projects, just so we can compare (if you guys want to at least!)
 Treestand Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
9/23/2015 1:10:43 PM reply with quote send message to Treestand Kennel Object to Post

That sounds like a great idea! Do we need a Canaan Top SOP thread? laugh :D We shall overtake the Latest Topics by storm! hahaha

I can't remember how much room I have, but if I have room I will take you up on the long coats Lany!
 Eriseds
Basic User

Basic User
9/23/2015 1:29:23 PM reply with quote send message to Eriseds Object to Post

The long coats are in this kennel. I'll go ahead and put LC in the call names of the better SOP ones (but if you're looking for a color let me know and if I have one that's low SOP, I'll mark them too for you to look at). If you want any of them, offer low, I don't need money in this kennel, since it's a non showing kennel. If it's an unnamed pup, let me know you want them and I'll put them up for sale so you can offer low. I also put LC in the girls who are ready to breed (low SOP for them).

I like the idea of a top SOP thread, even though in some of the colors it's gonna be WAY low. But it will give us an idea of how things are as we hopefully progress!
 top dog the k9 place
Basic User

Basic User
9/23/2015 7:19:27 PM reply with quote send message to top dog the k9 place Object to Post

Hey guys, I've been logging in/checking the forum a lot less often recently I know, but I'm about to organize/purge, hopefully including more call name info for quick reference. Having both show and color lines in this kennel means I have to be really picky, so I've been keeping solids and ____and White dogs mostly, usually keeping any long coated versions that pop up. A top SOP thread for each general color / coat category is a good idea.

happy :)
Heather
 CS Astronomical
Basic User

Basic User
9/23/2015 8:35:07 PM reply with quote send message to CS Astronomical Object to Post

Funnily enough I just sorted my solid kennel (CirclingSky) this morning by color, so I could check on my highest SOPs more easily-so it will be easy to pull numbers. I should have several long coat studs in the next day or so, varying SOPS. I did put up one sand female (I think) that was a higher SOP. I'm not putting much up for sale though unless someone specifically mentions what they are looking for!
 Blitz Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
10/5/2015 6:33:52 PM reply with quote send message to Blitz Kennel Object to Post

I have decided to leave Canaans. The broad choice of colors is too much for me to think about right now. I have put everyone up for sale. Offer $0 and they are yours. happy :)

www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=14278308 White and Gold Ticked Long Coat
www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=14278332 White and Cream Long Coat Due 10/7
www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=14295199 Black Long Coat
www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=14295204 Cream and White Long Coat
www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=14295219 White Long Coat
www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=14295222 White and Black Ticked Long Coat
www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=14306869 Black and White Ticked Long Coat
www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=14306871 Gold and White Ticked Long Coat
www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=14306883 Black Tricolor Ticked Long Coat
www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=14281418 Cream Long Coat (pending a reply from Eriseds)
www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=14350722 Cream Long Coat
www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=14350724 Gold Long Coat
 CS Astronomical
Basic User

Basic User
10/6/2015 6:35:29 PM reply with quote send message to CS Astronomical Object to Post

Sorry to hear that...it can be overwhelming. I haven't been around as much lately either and may end up taking a break once my new pup comes this weekend. I'll take a look at what you have but both of my color kennels are overflowing (and I haven't had time to weed out!)

Replies in this thread : 44
Page : 1 2 3
<< prev page next page >>

Did you know?
A conformation dog show is not a comparison of one dog to another but a comparison of each dog to a judge's mental image of the ideal breed type as outlined in the individual breed's breed standard.