Search

.com Forum · Alpha Dog Forum

Replies in this thread : 11

Author Topic : Thinking of getting into a herding breed?
 Phlossy
Basic User

System.__ComObject
7/13/2015 7:19:45 PM reply with quote send message to Phlossy Object to Post   

I'm debating getting into a herding breed, hopefully one with a lot of colors. XD I'm kind of a sucker for merle too. What breeds are active? I've been keeping an eye on cardigans but no one seems to have any show quality ones for sale. sad :(
 Treestand Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
7/13/2015 7:35:42 PM reply with quote send message to Treestand Kennel Object to Post

Canaans are actively breeding for their billions of available colors. laugh :D

Talk to CS Animalia (may have spelled that wrong) or top dog the k9 place. Here is the link to their color chat in their forum. happy :) www.showdog.com/forum/read.aspx?id=409976
 Gilded Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
7/13/2015 7:44:14 PM reply with quote send message to Gilded Kennels Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Australian Shepherds! Active and lots of colors.

-----
Last edited by Gilded Kennels on 7/13/2015 7:44:30 PM
 Blue Moon Collies
Premium Member

Premium Member
7/13/2015 8:00:46 PM reply with quote send message to Blue Moon Collies Object to Post

Give collies a try! I am back in them after a very long hiatus and there are some beautiful puppies being produced. Friendly breeders and not too hard to finish a dog.
 Rakkaus
Basic User

Basic User
7/13/2015 8:29:37 PM reply with quote send message to Rakkaus Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Cardigans! laugh :D

I'll have a litter in a few days happy :)
I'll keep you posted on if I have anything of show-quality.

(Blue Moon Collies has good dogs!)

-----
Last edited by Rakkaus on 7/13/2015 8:30:43 PM
 Sombra Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
7/13/2015 8:49:23 PM reply with quote send message to Sombra Kennels Object to Post

Briards!!
 mournebrake
Basic User

Basic User
7/13/2015 9:09:44 PM reply with quote send message to mournebrake Object to Post

Pumis, Mudis?
 Lycaons
Basic User

Basic User
7/13/2015 10:30:15 PM reply with quote send message to Lycaons Object to Post

I'm in Mudis and Canaans in other kennels. My Canaan kennel just went color breeding only, so nothing show quality there. My Mudi kennel is finally competitive again, I did color breeding there (trying to bring back the non-dilute colors and merles). I'm happy to help out in either if you're interested.
 Almost Heaven
Basic User

Basic User
7/14/2015 12:29:04 AM reply with quote send message to Almost Heaven Object to Post

I am currently leaving Bearded Collies. I am selling all dogs, these include the #1 Bearded Collie and 6 others in the top ten. (I have been the #1 Bearded Collie breeder for the last 6 months)

Now would be a great time to get into Beardies as all dogs are available for $100/no approval.
 CS Animalia
Basic User

Basic User
7/14/2015 4:57:27 AM reply with quote send message to CS Animalia Object to Post

Canaan dogs! PM me and I can put some dogs up for sale for you. top dog also has some really nice dogs listed for sale. most of the top SOP dogs are liver based colors, but several kennels are working on bringing back the other colors and combos-there are more than 100!

Check out our forum, though there aren't a lot of us we do help each other out!
 Phlossy
Basic User

Basic User
7/15/2015 7:08:58 AM reply with quote send message to Phlossy Object to Post

I think I may get into bearded collies! I like their images, and I'm kind of a sucker for breeds with pictures. I'm looking into Canaan dogs too, though! Thank you so much guys! happy :)
 Alibi
Basic User

Basic User
7/15/2015 2:06:07 PM reply with quote send message to Alibi Object to Post

Collies or shelties! we have lots of colors, friendly breeders, we win groups and show placements too!

PM me for more info on either breed and I'd be happy to help happy :)

Replies in this thread : 11

Did you know?
A specialty show is a dog show which reviews a single breed, unlike other dog shows, particularly conformation shows, which are generally referred to as "all-breed" because they are open to all breeds recognized by the sponsoring kennel club.