Search

.com Forum · General

Replies in this thread : 15

Author Topic : Refusal to acknowledge plea for help.
 Silk N Denim Terriers
Premium Member

System.__ComObject
7/14/2015 10:33:28 AM reply with quote send message to Silk N Denim Terriers Object to Post   

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

This post does not pertain to Silky Terriers which is my breed in this kennel. It pertains to another breed entirely.

The breed in question is fairly rare. When I started working with this breed the only thing available was starter dogs and a few studs in abandoned kennels. Me and another breeder traded dogs and entered everything we had to try and breathe some life into the breed.

A few weeks later one of the abandoned kennels became active again. I was estatic and sent them a very nice polite message asking for the chance to buy just one bitch that was not starter bred.

The other breeder contacted them as well.

We have not even received so much as an "Im sorry I won't sell you anything" message.

They have it set where you can tell they are logging in every day. This breeder is blatantly just ignoring is.

I can understand wanting to be number one in your breed, but to gain that achievement by ignoring people who sincerely want to help is just plain poor sportsmanship.

-----
Last edited by Silk N Denim Terriers on 7/14/2015 10:34:30 AM
 PPvallhunds
Basic User

Basic User
7/14/2015 4:34:52 PM reply with quote send message to PPvallhunds Object to Post

perhaps they have just been realy busy and just quickly logging on so not had time to reply.
but yes its a shame when you have people in a breed who don't want to play nice, it puts off other players.

I was in a breed years ago where one kennel had much higher dog than anyone else, they wond never sell any and the few studs they put up they priced them at $1000. not very helpful for others in the breed

Basic User

Basic User
7/14/2015 5:53:40 PM reply with quote send message to Object to Post edit post

Either walk away or get set for a very long effort to fix them and a lot of 'oh well'.

I find in 1 of my breeds that a number of the other breeders produce poorly conditioned pups from poorly conditioned dams (rarer breed so I don't have that many options). Takes me a long time to get the girls up to breeding condition (in my eyes), let alone showing condition for showable dogs. Have been tempted to walk away from the breed due to this as it's a long time to carry passengers in your kennel. So bubbling away in the back of my mind with this breed is always "do I want to leave this breed?"
 Oakwood Creek
Basic User

Basic User
7/14/2015 6:55:12 PM reply with quote send message to Oakwood Creek Object to Post

I've got (or I should say we've got) the same problems in SWD's, we are having to start all over from source because the one remaining kennel with high SOPs is completely closed, won't sell pups, won't put dogs up at stud. We have all emailed them repeatedly (politely I should say although I'd really like to be quite rude at this point in time, purely out of frustration) and they don't even have the decency to reply back. It's a real poor show, and in my opinion, totally against the spirit of SD not to help others.
 CelebrationHounds
Basic User

Basic User
7/14/2015 7:11:36 PM reply with quote send message to CelebrationHounds Object to Post

Same problem in American Foxhounds too, unfortunately.
 Dalkeith
Basic User

Basic User
7/14/2015 8:39:02 PM reply with quote send message to Dalkeith Object to Post

Ive been in this game for nearly 10 years and have only come across this situation once - in SWDs.

I am incredibly frustrated that the one remaining player with 'current' SOP dogs doesn't have the decency to even reply to our messages.

I'm at the point where I just don't care anymore.

I'm happy to just plod along with source breeding in SWDs.

(Especially since I have my other breeds in my other kennels to focus on)
 Yippee Yahoo Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
7/15/2015 9:58:25 PM reply with quote send message to Yippee Yahoo Kennels Object to Post

Sad that they'd rather be "top dog" than improve their chosen breed. I love helping my fellow breeders out.

Basic User

Basic User
7/16/2015 5:37:50 AM reply with quote send message to Object to Post edit post

Unfortunately, this immature, antisocial and irrational hogwash also goes on in other of Jeff's games.

This "absolute control" strategy some players have adopted has ground any kind of progressive breeding and showing almost to a halt on at least one other "show" SIM I won't mention.

The same people win - over, and over, and over and over again. No one else has chance.

Let's not even get into the fact that because of this any potentially SERIOUS new players to the SIMS can't even get a toe-hold in the games, and never even bother to go beyond basic!

This "absolute control" falderal has got to stop, or these sims will eventually shut down from lack of new players.

I have some solutions to this, but they would make these people unhappy (to say the last) and would lose Jeff customers as these players could no longer get their way.

Do I have the best stock? No, not yet. But in Showdog and in other "Show" sims I'm involved in, all of my studs are up for CHEAP and available to EVERYONE. I also dump animals with low sops rather than palm them off on new and/or unsuspecting players. I personally cannot see the point in playing any other way.

I want these SIM to be fun and thrive!

Sorry for the rant, but this has been bottling up for years.
 Street Wise Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
7/16/2015 5:39:56 AM reply with quote send message to Street Wise Kennels Object to Post

Unfortunately, this immature, antisocial and irrational hogwash also goes on in other of Jeff's games.

This "absolute control" strategy some players have adopted has ground any kind of progressive breeding and showing almost to a halt on at least one other "show" SIM I won't mention.

The same people win - over, and over, and over and over again. No one else has chance.

Let's not even get into the fact that because of this any potentially SERIOUS new players to the SIMS can't even get a toe-hold in the games, and never even bother to go beyond basic!

This "absolute control" falderal has got to stop, or these sims will eventually shut down from lack of new players.

I have some solutions to this, but they would make these people unhappy (to say the last) and would lose Jeff customers as these players could no longer get their way.

Do I have the best stock? No, not yet. But in Showdog and in other "Show" sims I'm involved in, all of my studs are up for CHEAP and available to EVERYONE. I also dump animals with low sops rather than palm them off on new and/or unsuspecting players. I personally cannot see the point in playing any other way.

I want these SIM to be fun and thrive!

Sorry for the rant, but this has been bottling up for years.
 Street Wise Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
7/16/2015 5:41:30 AM reply with quote send message to Street Wise Kennels Object to Post

Sorry about the double post, but I timed out, and I wanted people to know where this came from.
 kc meadows
Basic User

Basic User
7/16/2015 6:26:21 AM reply with quote send message to kc meadows Object to Post

I really don't have a solution for you but totally understand I don't understand some of peoples unhelpful and antisocial attitudes one of the fun parts of this game is to interact with other players and improve breeds we need to get more players involved. I would have left the game had I not been a stubborn person and wasn't about to let someone make me leave the game plus I got addicted quick lol. I know I am not any help but just wanted to show my support and want to be involved in the game.
 rhondacline
Basic User

Basic User
7/16/2015 8:03:19 AM reply with quote send message to rhondacline Object to Post

Devils Advocate
I prefer to play in breeds at the bottom of the breeds list, so over the years I have come across this type of player a number of times.

This is simply how they choose to play the game. They are not breaking any rules of the game. Just because it is not how you and I play the game does not make it wrong.
Their strategy is a little more “Monopoly” while yours might be considered more “CandyLand” - again, just a difference, not wrong.

HOWEVER, I do feel that this post and the ‘name calling’ has gotten progressively worse (“just plain poor sportsmanship,” “this immature, antisocial and irrational hogwash,” “unhelpful and antisocial attitudes”) - is borderline player bashing. (Just my personal opinion)
 kc meadows
Basic User

Basic User
7/16/2015 4:17:46 PM reply with quote send message to kc meadows Object to Post

Maybe I was harsh because someone was very mean to me on another topic but your right maybe a little harsh and should have been said nicer but these aren't newbies and personally I believe a monopoly way of playing is a little selfish even if its not so called wrong. I don't get it maybe because I don't play real life that way but your right some people do so I apologize if someone got there feelings hurt by what I said been there myself.
 Street Wise Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
7/16/2015 4:29:32 PM reply with quote send message to Street Wise Kennels Object to Post

posted by rhondacline
Devils Advocate
I prefer to play in breeds at the bottom of the breeds list, so over the years I have come across this type of player a number of times.

This is simply how they choose to play the game. They are not breaking any rules of the game. Just because it is not how you and I play the game does not make it wrong.
Their strategy is a little more “Monopoly” while yours might be considered more “CandyLand” - again, just a difference, not wrong.

HOWEVER, I do feel that this post and the ‘name calling’ has gotten progressively worse (“just plain poor sportsmanship,” “this immature, antisocial and irrational hogwash,” “unhelpful and antisocial attitudes”) - is borderline player bashing. (Just my personal opinion)

Street Wise Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
7/16/2015 4:39:12 PM reply with quote send message to Street Wise Kennels Object to Post

posted by rhondacline
I was not referring to players like you that work to keep lesser popular breeds alive. I respect players like you and that topic is an entirely different "bowl of dog food".

Make no mistake: I call them like I see them. I'm too darn old and sick to start being "politically correct" just because people feel like they should never, ever have a bad day.

There is a reason that the Government frowns on monopolies. It strangles competition and inhibits growth.

I cannot DISAGREE with you MORE! MONOPOLIES are not a STRATEGY. They are exactly what I said they were in my first post.

Don't like it? Big deal.
 kc meadows
Basic User

Basic User
7/16/2015 6:12:19 PM reply with quote send message to kc meadows Object to Post

Your right I just felt like I should have kinda apologized since I don't want people to get harsh with me you know treat people the way you want to be treated and your right about the whole nother bowl of dog food that was kinda funny and cute made me smile and that's what we all need in this life.

Replies in this thread : 15

Did you know?
The third obedience title is a UD, or "Utility Dog", which is earned through competition in the Utility obedience class