Search

.com Forum · General

Replies in this thread : 6

Author Topic : Belgian Laekenoiss Needs Breeders! (Rare Breed)
 Suave Kennels
Basic User

System.__ComObject
7/15/2015 8:37:52 PM reply with quote send message to Suave Kennels Object to Post   

this post has been edited 3 time(s)

I recently started breeding Laekens and they're a really cool breed. Only thing is, we could really use a few more breeders. wink ;) There's three of us currently with one more kennel having bought multiple Laeken pups and are potentially also joining.

Here's what I know about the breed so far:
-A variety of colors, both masked unmasked. Masked are rarer and are a little behind on SOP.
-SOPs range from 90-92, the highest SOP I've seen being 92.40% I believe.
-Show-wise I think they may have the potential for an occasional group placement, but I'm not sure.
-Studs are relatively cheap, right now one major kennel is pricing everything at $100 and the other major kennel has everything up at $25 lol. I'm personally going to be pricing any studs at $25.

I'm hoping to show actively within the breed, I've got two dogs currently prepped for the ring and one more that will be able to show soon. happy :)

Also, I've got links to all the abandoned stud kennels that might come in handy for both breeding and widening the gene pool a bit in case COI starts being a problem.

-Remy

-----
Last edited by Suave Kennels on 7/27/2015 12:47:51 PM
 Suave Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
7/16/2015 9:09:48 PM reply with quote send message to Suave Kennels Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Bump! I'm actually really pumped about this breed, I'm really looking forward to getting into it! It looks like there will be some competition in the ring, but mostly friendly stress-free stuff so it's perfect if you're looking for a breed with medium activity. laugh :D

It'd also be perfect for basics, plenty of quality dogs for sale that you can finish and show - it'd be a big help to try and get some entries up! Also good for premium kennels who're just getting started, a nice easy breed with friendly breeders (if I may say so myself lol) and some great stock to get started with. laugh :D

-----
Last edited by Suave Kennels on 7/16/2015 9:13:39 PM
 Suave Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
7/17/2015 6:09:01 PM reply with quote send message to Suave Kennels Object to Post

I'm not sure if SD has rules on bumping, but I've only been doing this once a day so far so I'll say I can keep going. razz :p

Honestly, Laekens look like they're going to be tons of fun! I'm expecting a ton of litters on the 21st and I'm looking forward to seeing what I can get. laugh :D

I also found a bunch of abandoned kennels with some pretty well SOPed studs all priced at $25, so if anybody is concerned with the high listed stud fees fear no more! razz :p There is plenty available for low prices and I'll be more than happy to share my list of studs. happy :)
 Suave Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
7/20/2015 9:45:33 PM reply with quote send message to Suave Kennels Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

I just realized that I've been spelling Laekenois wrong this whole time. razz :p It's Laekenois, not Laekenoiss as I've been spelling it lol.

-----
Last edited by Suave Kennels on 7/20/2015 9:45:55 PM
 Suave Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
7/27/2015 12:44:35 PM reply with quote send message to Suave Kennels Object to Post

Humpty dumpty sat on a wall, humpty dumpty had a great fall,
all the king's horses and all the king's men could only put him back together again if:

YOU JOIN BELGIAN LAEKENOIS.

Yeah, I'm running out of ideas here lol.
 Ebb & Flow Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
7/27/2015 7:46:44 PM reply with quote send message to Ebb & Flow Kennels Object to Post

Oh dear, talking to ones self is a sign of insanity you know.

*mumbles to self* Yes, yes! Good idea!

Tell ya what, since I'm having trouble acquiring the breeds I wanted to put in this kennel, I'll give Laekenois a try. happy :)
 Suave Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
7/27/2015 7:55:55 PM reply with quote send message to Suave Kennels Object to Post

Psshhh, we're all insane here. (Maybe? Alright, it could just be you and I. xD)

But YES. I'm really happy right now lol. A lot of work has gone into that sales pitch (and the new nursery rhyme about Humpty-Dumpty). I shall make sure that Laekens aren't hard for you to acquire haha, I've got too many dogs in this kennel right now lol. *Goes to check arsenal of Laekens*

Replies in this thread : 6

Did you know?
In the United Kingdom, the international championship show Crufts was first held in 1891.