Search

.com Forum · Alpha Dog Forum

Replies in this thread : 5

Author Topic : Omg 87's SOP
 Guiding Senjis
Premium Member

System.__ComObject
7/16/2015 12:08:25 AM reply with quote send message to Guiding Senjis Object to Post   

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

LITTER OF GUIDING SENJIS GRANDPARENTS AND GUIDING SENJIS NANNY (1 DAYS OLD)

From higher coi?
Where the heck did that come from!??!

If kept one and bred to totally unrelated would it bounce back or should fb litter? Geeze

-----
Last edited by Guiding Senjis on 7/16/2015 12:11:38 AM
 Treestand Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
7/16/2015 1:58:16 AM reply with quote send message to Treestand Kennel Object to Post

Yes, if you keep a puppy and breed it to an unrelated dog, the COI will drop. happy :) I'm not sure if it will drop to zero, since there may be repeats still in the pedigree, but it will drop. happy :)
 Street Wise Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
7/16/2015 5:10:10 AM reply with quote send message to Street Wise Kennels Object to Post

I took a look at the litter in question.

We've got a very, very tight family group here. Nanny was bred back to her own son, and therefore the pups have Grandpas Call as their grandfather and great-grandfather. There is relatively no outcross here to bring down the coi and improve the SOP.

Like Treestand said, keep an eye on the coi when breeding, and make sure that it's under 15%.

Line breeding can help with improving sop, but again, be careful.

All the best, HEF
 PPvallhunds
Basic User

Basic User
7/16/2015 5:43:23 AM reply with quote send message to PPvallhunds Object to Post

As others have said it will be that coi. As anything over 15% will start to effect how the litter turns out a coi of 35.3% is more than twice that mark so is going to be having a strong impact on them.

I'd keep either
Bitch #14165371 or Dog #14165372 and put them to something that has a nice size trait (as both parents have they one) but make sire the coi is under 15% and see what pops out.
 Guiding Senjis
Premium Member

Premium Member
7/17/2015 3:47:48 PM reply with quote send message to Guiding Senjis Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Thanks everyone, went into shock yesterday! Will keep one girl thx Vallhunds
and try.

-----
Last edited by Guiding Senjis on 7/17/2015 3:48:13 PM
 PPvallhunds
Basic User

Basic User
7/17/2015 6:19:28 PM reply with quote send message to PPvallhunds Object to Post

Good luck. I keep meaning to try it out myself do a realy high coi breeding on a great dog then out cross it to a simaler but unrelated dog. But I keep hitting the 30 dog limit and have to get rid of dogs.

Replies in this thread : 5

Did you know?
An obedience trial is a dog sport in which a dog must perfectly execute a predefined set of tasks when directed to do so by his handler