Search

.com Forum · Alpha Dog Forum

Replies in this thread : 8

Author Topic : sold puppies
 kc meadows
Basic User

System.__ComObject
7/16/2015 4:08:47 PM reply with quote send message to kc meadows Object to Post   

I guess I just expierenced what its like to sell dogs that would finish easily already sessioned and pointed it was to a brand new player and they haven't been back on since. I am thinking they may not be back. Not mad but was so excited when I sold the puppies didn't think they may not show LOL and maybe just signed up and lost interest right away
 kc meadows
Basic User

Basic User
7/16/2015 4:10:01 PM reply with quote send message to kc meadows Object to Post

I guess I think I live in a world of rainbows and unicorn LOL
 mournebrake
Basic User

Basic User
7/16/2015 7:02:23 PM reply with quote send message to mournebrake Object to Post

If the kennel becomes abandoned you can buy your dogs back.
 kc meadows
Basic User

Basic User
7/16/2015 7:59:21 PM reply with quote send message to kc meadows Object to Post

Thanks I will look into it when its time
 Originality
Basic User

Basic User
7/16/2015 8:01:38 PM reply with quote send message to Originality Object to Post

I sold an extremely high sop pup to someone(At the time, one of the highest in the breed), just to have them FH it. It's irksome but I know once I sell it, they can do whatever they want with it and I have no say.
 Super Uber Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
7/18/2015 1:36:07 AM reply with quote send message to Super Uber Kennels Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Something you might want to consider if you ever have a nice pup in the future like this one is to check out the "Simulation Dogs Wanted" forum to see if anyone is looking to buy dogs to finish. At least then you can put a CH on the pup before it gets FH'd or sold again to a basic kennel that may get abandoned later. From my experience, these people may not be looking to get into the breed you're in, but they are dedicated players.

-----
Last edited by Super Uber Kennels on 7/18/2015 11:17:25 AM
 Gymea
Basic User

Basic User
7/18/2015 10:02:30 PM reply with quote send message to Gymea Object to Post

Rats

I have spent time and energy and sd dollars breeding this pup.

I offer it up for sale to help other people get into this great breed (and to be honest b/c it's not quite good enough for me to keep ... but I would have been happy with it as a starter) as well as to support other breeders if they need this pup to help.

FH is bad.

Leaving the adult dog forever on a puppy ration is nearly as bad.

Maybe I just fh everything I don't want.

I know they are just binary digits and not dogs ... doesn't help me much.

Gymea
Basic User

Basic User
7/18/2015 10:05:51 PM reply with quote send message to Gymea Object to Post

Super Uber - yes! I have bought puppies where the breed hasn't grabbed me. But I haven't fhed them. I ask the breeder if they want them back.
 Super Uber Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
7/18/2015 11:31:36 PM reply with quote send message to Super Uber Kennels Object to Post

Gymea,

I should have explained myself a bit better. happy :) When I referred to FHing, I didn't mean that a finisher kennel would FH the dog. In my experience, all the finishing kennels would always asked me if I wanted the dog back first. (They've always been really great about that.)

What I meant was that, if the breeder was going to end up FHing a dog that he/she could not sell, he/she might as well try to see if a finishing kennel was interested in finishing the dog first. Then, after said dog got it's CH, the breeder could buy the dog back and FH the dog him/herself. In this way, at least a finishable dog can get it's title prior to being FH'd by the breeder.

Hope that makes sense.

happy :)

Replies in this thread : 8

Did you know?
In the United Kingdom, the international championship show Crufts was first held in 1891.