Search

.com Forum · General

Replies in this thread : 14

Author Topic : Returning User - Breed Suggestions please!
 Dead Until Dark
Basic User

System.__ComObject
7/21/2015 2:11:28 PM reply with quote send message to Dead Until Dark Object to Post   

I have been inactive for the last 7 or 8 months and decided to come back and upgrade again.

I have been on and off showdog since 2005 with my first account- I think I was best known as Little Rosebuds(Lil roses), but I have had different accounts over the years that I never remember the email or pws too ( sad :( )

Game wise: I am looking to return to Labradors and pick up 1 or 2 additional breeds (for which I need suggestions for please! All I ask is that players be willing to part with fair quality dogs and bitches if they recommend! Otherwise I am open to any difficulty level right now)

IRL: We got our 2nd Labrador in January-my first show prospect ( I actually got her from and co own her with another long time former SD player and her mother!) Chocolate female who is now 8 months old-- I am sure Ill be pestering y'all about her before long for things like training tips and show lead types!
I got married last month and am now staying at home- so plenty of free time now!
I've got 1 other male Labrador who just turned 2 and 2 cats.

Nothing else I can think to report right now - looking forward to reconnecting and getting to know the new users here.
Ill be checking back for those breed suggestions! wink ;)

Kayla
Dead Until Dark
 Blue Moon Collies
Premium Member

Premium Member
7/21/2015 2:39:10 PM reply with quote send message to Blue Moon Collies Object to Post

Collies? Friendly breeders, nice dogs available and we get show placements.
 Little River Kennel
Premium Member

Premium Member
7/21/2015 3:00:26 PM reply with quote send message to Little River Kennel Object to Post

Beagles? I'm planning to start in Beagles once I get a subscription, and Beagles are I think one of the last breeds on the difficulty list, with very few active breeders! Plus they're adorable and I love them in real life.
 Suave Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
7/21/2015 3:13:24 PM reply with quote send message to Suave Kennels Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Welcome back! laugh :D I'd say I have a few suggestions~

Belgian Laeknoiss - Highest SOP (that I know of) is 92.40. I only recently got into them and I recently had my first litters due.

Their ability to take group / show placements I am currently not sure of, but I think they have potential in that regard. razz :p

Right now there are three active premi kennels that are breeding, including myself. One is slightly reserved but is active in the breed (shows, studs, ect). The other and myself would be more than willing to throw at you anything you'd need to get started I believe and there will be some active but friendly competition.

Litters are big, and there is a small color project going on regarding Masked genes - they are currently rarer but not too far behind on SOP.

German Spitz - A source breeding project! Yay! laugh :D There are a few of us premi kennels and we'd be more than willing to help you get started, but there isn't really anything to catch up on much so far lol. We have a few current SOP dogs and a list of current SOP abandoned studs, so breeding has been progressing quite quickly. The highest current SOP I know of his 86-something and the highest from source lines is 48-something. happy :)

-----
Last edited by Suave Kennels on 7/21/2015 3:14:21 PM
 Myths
Basic User

Basic User
7/21/2015 3:15:19 PM reply with quote send message to Myths Object to Post

Opps, I meant to post that from this account but since I breed both Laekens and Spitzes from that account I guess it's fitting. razz :p

-----
Last edited by Myths on 7/21/2015 3:15:37 PM
 Legend Has It
Basic User

Basic User
7/21/2015 3:25:17 PM reply with quote send message to Legend Has It Object to Post

Portugueses Water dogs would be super easy to enter. I have a few puppies that I could give you, plus there are a few dogs for sale. There are currently only two active breeders, but I'm planning to push to show the dogs as soon as possible. SOP is between 91-93.
 Willowcreek
Basic User

Basic User
7/21/2015 5:36:38 PM reply with quote send message to Willowcreek Object to Post

Come check out shelties and collies! We're friendly, get group and show placements all the time. I'd be happy to set you up with some nice ones to start with happy :) Message me if you're interested in either breed. My collie kennel is Alibi.
 Dead Until Dark
Basic User

Basic User
7/21/2015 8:59:37 PM reply with quote send message to Dead Until Dark Object to Post

LRK- will keep Beagles in mind if I start a rare breed account

Going to look at Collies and Belgian Laeknoiss tomorrow- unfortunately I don't think I have the funds to start source breeding right now!
 top dog the k9 place
Basic User

Basic User
7/21/2015 9:23:17 PM reply with quote send message to top dog the k9 place Object to Post

You could try Canaan Dogs! We have 3-4 active breeders who are working on both improving show lines and reviving our 100+ colors. Currently the showable SOP is around 93+ but I just had a 94.35 drop a few days ago, the current high. We are quickly locking in darker blues (9.8-10.2) and getting more group placements. CS Animalia got the first BIS in the breed in years if not the entirety of the game a couple months ago.

I've had Canaans off and on since 2006 and right now we're the highest on the difficulty list that I've seen. What I'm getting at is that if you choose to join us, you can be part of a very exciting time in the breed's history! Please email me if you're interested--I always have an abundance of quality dogs I'm willing to part with aside from what I have for sale.

ETA: As for your social/friendly requirements, I forgot to mention that we are all very cooperative and helpful toward each other. I don't know if that needed to be said, but you can check out the breed forum and see for yourself!

happy :)
Heather

-----
Last edited by top dog the k9 place on 7/21/2015 9:28:39 PM
 CS Riverflow
Basic User

Basic User
7/22/2015 4:58:41 AM reply with quote send message to CS Riverflow Object to Post

Canaans are a fun breed, can definitely help you get started if you are interested in them.

I'd also suggest Anatolians-there are several breeders and majors in 1 or 2 shows a night, but I am looking to switch from showing to bringing back some of the colors-so willing to part with my highest SOP dogs if someone new joins the breed. While they aren't the highest SOP in the breed, they would give someone a good start!! If you are interested PM me and I'll let you know what I am willing to part with.

-----
Last edited by CS Riverflow on 7/22/2015 5:00:15 AM
 Seasmoke
Basic User

Basic User
7/22/2015 8:30:21 AM reply with quote send message to Seasmoke Object to Post

Hi

I have bee reading the threads about German Spitz needing help. I have been breeding Old English Sheepdogs for many years, but am getting a bit bored as there are only two kennels and I end up showing against myself.

Would it be possible to let me know a bit about this breed, as I am considering joining if there are more people to play with, and show against?
 Legend Has It
Basic User

Basic User
7/23/2015 11:01:33 PM reply with quote send message to Legend Has It Object to Post

Seasmoke, you want to know more about German Spitzes?
 Legend Has It
Basic User

Basic User
7/23/2015 11:06:19 PM reply with quote send message to Legend Has It Object to Post

I believe there are 4-5 breeders currently. There is a mix of source dogs and dogs with an SOP between 83-85 in the ring. There's like 7-13 dogs showing, I haven't shown mine yet, but I'm about to start. The community itself is pretty active and everyone is really nice.
 FallenStarz
Basic User

Basic User
7/23/2015 11:28:19 PM reply with quote send message to FallenStarz Object to Post

If anatolians float your boat, I'd be willing to part with some nice sop girls to help get you started. All the stud fees are low, everyone is super helpful.
 Dead Until Dark
Basic User

Basic User
7/24/2015 4:06:57 PM reply with quote send message to Dead Until Dark Object to Post

CS and FallenStarz- I pm'd you both about Anatolians.
Looking at some collies now to- - had a weird couple days where showdog was crashing my internet on my laptop- so I was only accessing from mobile- but everything seems to be better nowhappy :)

ETA:going to try AS and Collies out- if I decide I like them both Ill be upgrading a second kennel

-----
Last edited by Dead Until Dark on 7/24/2015 4:18:03 PM

Replies in this thread : 14

Did you know?
The second obedience title is a CDX, or "Companion Dog Excellent", which is earned through competition in the Open obedience class.