Search

.com Forum · Off Topic Forum

Replies in this thread : 12

Author Topic : When you were little, what did you want to be when you grew up?
 Little River Kennel
Premium Member

System.__ComObject
7/22/2015 8:51:09 PM reply with quote send message to Little River Kennel Object to Post   

For me, when I was little my interests changed often. I wanted to be a famous singer for many years before I decided I would be a great vet. Then I wanted to be a fashion designer, then a nurse. Now I am going into college and I want to be a teacher in South Korea (English teacher).

So what about you?
 PPvallhunds
Basic User

Basic User
7/24/2015 4:36:55 PM reply with quote send message to PPvallhunds Object to Post

Well depending on what age were talking about. When I was 5-6 my life goal was to marry a rich old man, push him down the stairs and get all his money.
Then a doctor and lawyer, then vet.
 Dead Until Dark
Basic User

Basic User
7/24/2015 4:42:42 PM reply with quote send message to Dead Until Dark Object to Post

PPVallhunds-- oh my!

I wanted to be a doctor then a vet from about 5 on until I graduate high school. Then another 8 years of school didn't sound like fun!
 Oakwood Creek
Basic User

Basic User
7/25/2015 4:13:55 AM reply with quote send message to Oakwood Creek Object to Post

I always wanted to be a vet, then when I got to college time I thought a degree in agriculture (farming) might be less studying (and the opportunity to meet a rich farmers son might be better). I never ended up doing that, and in fact looking back I've pretty much wasted every opportunity I had to be anything of any consequence sad :(
My hopes and dreams are with my son now who is studying to be a film editor
 Vividly
Basic User

Basic User
7/26/2015 7:18:46 PM reply with quote send message to Vividly Object to Post

Well, I'm still having aspirations (I'm not in college yet so I've still got some time to decide haha), but it looks like my skill set might turn me into a decent lawyer. razz :p

I went through the vet phase too at around 5-10 I think, after that I wanted to be an actor for a little while but lost interest pretty quickly.
 Myths
Basic User

Basic User
7/26/2015 7:19:24 PM reply with quote send message to Myths Object to Post

Gosh darn it, I keep meaning to post from this kennel but forgetting which one I'm on lol. That was from me~
 Treestand Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
7/28/2015 2:15:02 PM reply with quote send message to Treestand Kennel Object to Post

5-8 I wanted to be a vet
8-18 I wanted to be a firefighter (career)
18-19 I wanted to be a vet tech and a volunteer firefighter. Then I got a job at a vet's office around 19 and lasted six weeks. I wasn't mentally mature enough to work there and couldn't understand why some dogs were euthanized for small issues (Golden Retirever/Great Pyr mix was euthanized at 10 months old because he constantly leaked urine and it was irritating his skin around his penis. The owners spent $3-4000 on surgeries trying to fix him. We weren't in a situation to take on a dog at that point, so I couldn't take him in. Still makes me sad, but nothing will change it now. Then there was a 5 year old Komondor who bit his owner twice so he was on a 10-day quarantine before he was euthanized. He was the sweetest boy with me, because I gave him boundaries and he knew what I expected of him. Murphy (Golden mix) and Kody were euthanized on the same day, and it was too much for my emotions to handle.) If I were to work in an office now I'd be more equipped to handle the sadness that comes with all of the good.
19-21 I wanted to be a 9-1-1 dispatcher and landed a job, but hearing complications made me part ways with the company, which worked out anyways because I was pregnant when I lost my job.
19-22 I was a volunteer firefighter but stopped when I ave birth to my daughter ... Somebody had to stay home with the kid. laugh :D
22-26 I have been a stay at home mom
25+ We are working to be lavender farmers and have our first acre in the ground. happy :)

When the kids get older I will join our fire department and volunteer again, it's just hard right now with having a three and a half year old and a one year old. laugh :D

So long story short: Vet, Firefighter, Vet Tech, 9-1-1 Dispatcher, Volunteer Firefighter. I would LOVE to own a doggie daycare, but I live in the country, there aren't enough people interested for me to have a business out here. laugh :D
 Street Wise Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
7/28/2015 6:43:37 PM reply with quote send message to Street Wise Kennels Object to Post

Like a lot of us, I wanted to be a vet for most of my life.

I also wouldn't have minded being a therapist.
 Little River Kennel
Premium Member

Premium Member
7/29/2015 8:09:52 AM reply with quote send message to Little River Kennel Object to Post

You know, Treestand, when I had a dog (up until this March actually) we used to board him at a kennel out in the country while we went on vacation. Maybe you couldn't do a doggie daycare but a lot of people would go for someone who had lots of land to board their dogs with. If you had a good sized kennel and plenty of space to run, people would be interested!
 Backwoods Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
7/29/2015 11:53:17 AM reply with quote send message to Backwoods Kennel Object to Post

That is true! I'll have to keep that in mind, so when the farm stuff calms down a bit I can look into what kind of insurance and what not I need to have in order to be a boarding place. happy :)
 Yippee Yahoo Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
9/23/2015 9:30:01 PM reply with quote send message to Yippee Yahoo Kennels Object to Post

For most of my childhood I wanted to be a teacher. In Jr. high I wanted to be a zoo administrator. Right now I work at a doggy daycare, and kinda still want to become a teacher (elementary or early childhood)
 dogloverxx
Basic User

Basic User
9/24/2015 3:04:39 AM reply with quote send message to dogloverxx Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

user wiped their message

-----
Last edited by dogloverxx on 1/11/2016 11:47:22 AM
 BRW Gold Winners Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
10/12/2015 12:10:45 AM reply with quote send message to BRW Gold Winners Kennel Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

I've never really went through "phases" of wanting to be a teacher or doctor or whatever, I've always been interested in animals, having grown up with A LOT of them around me. However when I was about 7 I was obsessed with them and wanted to be a horse rider. However, from about 9 years onwards, dogs have been the main point of my life really, I'm really involved with my local dog club and started competing in agility at age 12. (Might I add, even though my dog isn't the best, he still passed novice and I was the only one to train him so I'm very proud! laugh :D) and I sell dog tugs as a hobby. Anyway, I feel like I'm getting off topic, I'm not really sure what specific career I want yet.

-----
Last edited by BRW Gold Winners Kennel on 10/12/2015 12:11:17 AM

Replies in this thread : 12

Did you know?
Additional points may be awarded to the Best of Winners, or a class dog that goes Best of Breed or Best of Opposite Sex, again depending on the number of dogs competing