Search

.com Forum · Alpha Dog Forum

Replies in this thread : 4

Author Topic : Can someone explain this to me?
 Skylos Elysium
Basic User

System.__ComObject
7/26/2015 4:38:56 PM reply with quote send message to Skylos Elysium Object to Post   

www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=14191793

I can't figure out how this happened. 3.21 COI with no repeats in his pedigree, all dogs in his pedigree have 20SS except two of his greatgranddams with a 18.4 and 16.5.

Could this far back really come back to bite you in the butt? Cause seriously this would be the highest SOP in the GAME right now probably if it weren't for that SS @ 99.10%!

What should I do with him?
 mournebrake
Basic User

Basic User
7/26/2015 4:57:11 PM reply with quote send message to mournebrake Object to Post

Keep him !!Or give him to me !! I think you should ignore the 17.8ss and work on the adjusted SOP of 99.10. He's awesome - definately a keeper !!
 PPvallhunds
Basic User

Basic User
7/26/2015 5:51:11 PM reply with quote send message to PPvallhunds Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

yep its likely be coming from the 3rd gen.
Its the risk with using lower ss dogs sadly but still worth it id say in many casses
keep him as a stud, make sure you only put him to female with good SS and preferable all good ss for 3 gens

-----
Last edited by PPvallhunds on 7/26/2015 5:52:19 PM
 Treestand Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
7/26/2015 10:41:26 PM reply with quote send message to Treestand Kennel Object to Post

I'll use him as a stud!! Or will house him! laugh :D

Treehouse
 Skylos Elysium
Basic User

Basic User
7/27/2015 12:05:45 AM reply with quote send message to Skylos Elysium Object to Post

I guess it is those great grand dams but wow, I really wish it was at least 19+. Oh well, will be saving him for the ladies.

Replies in this thread : 4

Did you know?
A conformation dog show is not a comparison of one dog to another but a comparison of each dog to a judge's mental image of the ideal breed type as outlined in the individual breed's breed standard.