Search

.com Forum · General

Replies in this thread : 13

Author Topic : Is it just me or does anyone else ...?
 Chaos and Havoc
Basic User

System.__ComObject
7/31/2015 7:34:55 PM reply with quote send message to Chaos and Havoc Object to Post   

Is it just me or does anyone else feel really bad when they have to FH a good dog due to lack of space? lol.

I was doing a mini-cleanout of my Azawakh kennel today and I just have so many top dogs (I've been blessed!) but sadly I have hardly any room for them all and I found myself saying 'sorry' when I hit the FH button on the ones that just didn't make the cut but are still nice dogs lol ...

Am I going crazy? Hahaaa!
 Tarot
Premium Member

Premium Member
7/31/2015 8:51:47 PM reply with quote send message to Tarot Object to Post

It just kills me. Usually if it's a dog I am really attached to (I know, crazy), I put him/her on my retirement couch for a while. Or if it's say a puppy that's been for sale and turns 14 days I hit the FH button and close my eyes.

I keep telling myself these are just a bunch of numbers but I find myself particularly attached to certain ones and I talk to them too.

Obviously I need to get out more.
 Myths
Basic User

Basic User
7/31/2015 9:42:31 PM reply with quote send message to Myths Object to Post

I do it too haha. Usually if I have good dogs but don't have space to keep them I put them up for sale, but usually they don't get sold and I have to go through the process of going '(s)he can stay up for one more day... Maybe (s)he'll be bought...' then knowing that it won't happen and I should start saving on the food bill and FH the dog in question. razz :p
 Aussiewolfsister
Premium Member

Premium Member
7/31/2015 10:54:24 PM reply with quote send message to Aussiewolfsister Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

....Ditto to all of the above ..... and .... I know I hang on to my favourites too long. And with some bitches who have shown well, I keep breeding trying to get a good pup from them, even though they are just not producing...........

In my Norwegian Buhund Kennel (Rensvick), my new sire produced a lot of very nice males, kept 3, sold 1 and still have 3 up for sale. I dread the day they get to 13 days and I have to make the decision to FH if I can't sell them.

-----
Last edited by Aussiewolfsister on 7/31/2015 10:59:55 PM
 Chaos and Havoc
Basic User

Basic User
8/1/2015 12:13:20 AM reply with quote send message to Chaos and Havoc Object to Post

I'm glad its not just me lol.

I thin its worse these days though because I'm showing so many dogs per kennel haha.

Ive been playing for almost 10 years and I used to show a max of 4 dogs per kennel at any one time.

These days I tend to session/show up to 15 dogs per kennel! CRAZY lol :P
 Street Wise Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
8/1/2015 12:35:15 AM reply with quote send message to Street Wise Kennels Object to Post

I've never had to FH a showable dog, but I even feel bad when I have to FH inferior dogs.

Isn't amazing how we kind of get attached to bits of information?
 Little River Kennel
Premium Member

Premium Member
8/1/2015 8:29:31 AM reply with quote send message to Little River Kennel Object to Post

Yep, I do that on ShowCats (I have a premium there but not here yet). It's totally painful. You have this virtual show animal for so long and then you just...bloop. They're gone! Oh well. Hopefully that Loving Family will be gentle.
 Tarot
Premium Member

Premium Member
8/1/2015 12:53:49 PM reply with quote send message to Tarot Object to Post

People who dodn't understand would think we are nuts, and who knows, maybe we are! I have been on here since 2/2007 and my first litter was IWS. One of my kennels has IWS just so I can continue the line that goes back 8-1/2 years to my one bitch. Can't let it go.

Usually I have around 20 dogs per kennel (x5 kennels) because - well, I just can't let them go.
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
8/1/2015 3:54:12 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

Don't feel bad or ashamed. We are all a little bit crazy (lol).

You might not want to admit to your non-SD friends that you get attached to these info-dogs. They might not understand. H*** some people don't understand when we get attached to our real fur covered friends.
 Oakwood Creek
Basic User

Basic User
8/2/2015 3:50:51 AM reply with quote send message to Oakwood Creek Object to Post

It kills me to FH, I would rather rehome foc to kennels who will show or breed. I even ask before selling if the new buyer decides not to keep the dog to return it to me, I'm that attached. However I'm becoming a SD hoarder in my kennels as I get (often) that little message saying "you have too many dogs" which means I have to FH or I can't show!
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
8/2/2015 11:25:33 AM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Yep, letting go issues . . .

I have'em too!

-----
Last edited by gaylanstudio on 8/2/2015 9:02:25 PM
 FallenStarz
Basic User

Basic User
8/2/2015 2:52:46 PM reply with quote send message to FallenStarz Object to Post

Some I get attached to, but I feel particularly bad when I accidentally hit "retire dog" and they end up altered instead of FH'd... I always let them stay around for another day.. you know, to let them heal from pediatric spay/neuter before sending them to their forever homes. LOL
 Quileute Legends
Basic User

Basic User
8/20/2015 5:21:45 AM reply with quote send message to Quileute Legends Object to Post

OMG - I'm feeling sooooo frustrated that I have so many nice dogs in this kennel and I just can't fit them all in sad :(

I have to FH 4 more dogs before I can breed and enter shows and NONE of them deserve to be let go lol. They are all here because of either high SOP or high trait as I have a lot of trait projects going on.

I know its all part of the game lol but its soooo frustrating sad :(
 Oakwood Creek
Basic User

Basic User
8/20/2015 5:30:02 AM reply with quote send message to Oakwood Creek Object to Post

QL have messaged you wink ;)

Replies in this thread : 13

Did you know?
At least two wins must be a set of three or more points ("majors"), under two different judges; at least one additional win under a third judge is also required.