Search

.com Forum · Beginner Forum

Replies in this thread : 13

Author Topic : Can't session the other obedience areas??
 Little River Kennel
Premium Member

System.__ComObject
8/1/2015 8:29:15 AM reply with quote send message to Little River Kennel Object to Post   

So you know how on the dog page it says Heel on Leash and all the other obedience trial things? Well, when I go to session them, only the first three actually session. The others just stay at 5. Why is this?
 Tibetan Rose
Basic User

Basic User
8/1/2015 11:26:22 AM reply with quote send message to Tibetan Rose Object to Post

The different skills come in tiers of difficulty. Training the harder ones will be much easier once the earlier ones have been learnt.
You need to learn the easier ones first anyway to complete the first title so focus on Heel on Leash (HoL), Figure Eight, Heel Free, Recall, Long Sit and Long Down first.

This help topic has the tiers listed for easier reference www.showdog.com/help/topic.aspx?id=91
 Little River Kennel
Premium Member

Premium Member
8/1/2015 3:11:42 PM reply with quote send message to Little River Kennel Object to Post

Oh that makes sense now. Thanks!!
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
8/1/2015 3:42:24 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

Hmm, I've never read that before. Interesting.

I have put dogs through obedience on the game but never really understood what was happening - it's several years ago now. Maybe I'll give it a go again.

Thanks for pointing out that link.
 Oakwood Creek
Basic User

Basic User
8/2/2015 3:45:06 AM reply with quote send message to Oakwood Creek Object to Post

The game mimics real life in that you need to qualify up through the classes ie you can't just train for Open, without qualifying through Novice. As said, teach each exercise in order, the younger you start teaching, the quicker the dog will go up the numbers. Also you can repeat the 'exercise' as many times as you like each day ie you can session 'heel off lead' 3 or 4 times a day to raise numbers if you have that many sessions spare.
 Little River Kennel
Premium Member

Premium Member
8/2/2015 8:50:30 AM reply with quote send message to Little River Kennel Object to Post

Okay. I never knew that! I used to be so confused for so long before I finally decided to just ask someone. That makes a lot of sense though.
 Little River Kennel
Premium Member

Premium Member
8/3/2015 8:04:00 AM reply with quote send message to Little River Kennel Object to Post

Now I have another problem - I can't enter any obedience trials with my dog. I click on the box and press submit but he isn't entered. I've been sessioning like you guys said to, but it won't work. Help?
 Tibetan Rose
Basic User

Basic User
8/3/2015 12:45:57 PM reply with quote send message to Tibetan Rose Object to Post

It doesn't seem to show up properly when you look on the my entries page, or the dogs enter shows page.
Instead click on show results on the dogs page, and then go to obedience trials and it should show up there if they've been entered.
 Oakwood Creek
Basic User

Basic User
8/3/2015 1:06:06 PM reply with quote send message to Oakwood Creek Object to Post

What level is his show obedience?
 Little River Kennel
Premium Member

Premium Member
8/3/2015 3:38:03 PM reply with quote send message to Little River Kennel Object to Post

He hasn't been in any obedience shows yet.
 Tibetan Rose
Basic User

Basic User
8/3/2015 4:37:41 PM reply with quote send message to Tibetan Rose Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

He has been in 2 so far, and he is entered for tomorrow.
Like I said, it is working, it just only shows the info on one screen. You just need to use: dog page->show results->obedience trials to check and you should see this:
www.showdog.com/shows/obedienceresults.aspx?id=14039639

-----
Last edited by Tibetan Rose on 8/3/2015 4:38:11 PM
 Little River Kennel
Premium Member

Premium Member
8/4/2015 7:41:14 AM reply with quote send message to Little River Kennel Object to Post

I figured it out now laugh :D Thanks for your help happy :) I didn't remember where you had to go to find that, so thanks a lot !! happy :)
 Little River Kennel
Premium Member

Premium Member
8/4/2015 7:43:04 AM reply with quote send message to Little River Kennel Object to Post

Can a dog be entered in an obedience trial AND a regular show in the same day?
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
8/4/2015 8:43:59 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

Yes, I believe so - one all-breed conformation, one specialty, one obedience.

Replies in this thread : 13

Did you know?
In the American Kennel Club, a dog needs 15 points to become a Champion, with each win gaining anywhere from zero to five points depending on the number of dogs competing and the area where the show is held.