Search

.com Forum · Belgian Laekenois

Replies in this thread : 11

Author Topic : Belgian Laekenoiss Updates
 Suave Kennels
Basic User

System.__ComObject
8/4/2015 2:40:28 PM reply with quote send message to Suave Kennels Object to Post   

Updates and a community-thread type thing I guess. laugh :D I'm hoping it'll also be good to attract potential breeders (-pointedly pokes any non-Laeken breeders reading this-), but I also feel like I'm spamming people with constant PMs so this would be a good alternative. razz :p

Personally I've been having a ton of really great pups recently, including the top SOP Laeken that I'm aware of:

www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=14214332
Suaves Sword of Storms - 92.75% SOP, red long wire w/ mask.

He's definitely going to be making an appearance in the ring as soon as I can get him sessioned. wink ;) The only problem is that I'm also trying to session a ton of other Laekens so I'm probably going to have to start buying some soon haha.

My second highest SOP is this boy:

www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=14211522
Suaves Coloring Dragons - 92.50% SOP, fawn short wire w/ mask. If his SS had been full I believe he would have been a 92.60%. I'm looking forward to seeing how he does in the ring as well. happy :)

Other pups I intend to have in the ring are Suaves Frozen Rainbow (92.45% bitch) and a half ton of 92.40%s haha.

They'll all be up for stud at $25 (if applicable) once they're old enough and I look forward to seeing what they might be able to produce as well as show ring results. laugh :D
 Suave Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
8/6/2015 6:27:17 PM reply with quote send message to Suave Kennels Object to Post

I had another great litter yesterday, two nice brood bitches (92.35% and 92.20%) who I am really happy with. I just put a nice 92.05% bitch pup up for sale as well, she'll definitely be a good producer in the future.

Also up for sale are a 91.90% mahogany long wire w/ mask boy, and a 91.80% bitch of the same color. I'm sad to see them go since they're the only ones of that color in my kennel, but I'm running out of space haha.

I just got a nice Fawn Long Wire w/ Mask girl. I'm not sure about other kennels but at the moment Fawn is my weakest color, and since the long wires and masks are rarer as well I'm decently pleased with her SOP (91.20%). I'm going to try and have a few more fawn long wire-based breedings in the future to hopefully try to get them up to speed, preferably with masks but I'll see.
 Suave Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
8/10/2015 10:28:58 AM reply with quote send message to Suave Kennels Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Woot! I just finished my first Laekenois. happy :) CH Suaves House of Cards, bred by Castellan. 92.40% SOP, now also up for stud at $25. wink ;)
www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=14153224

-----
Last edited by Suave Kennels on 8/10/2015 10:29:43 AM
 Suave Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
8/16/2015 10:16:42 PM reply with quote send message to Suave Kennels Object to Post

-talks to herself-

I've had a few litters recently, but nothing spectacular unfortunately. House of Cards (mentioned above) hasn't been producing all that well so far haha, nothing higher than 92.10 which is a full .3 lower than his SOP.

I have high hopes for a litter due tomorrow though! Out of Suaves Iron Maiden by Castellan Power of Fire.

At the moment I'm keeping all bitches over 92.10% (not including 92.10s), though dogs have to be significantly higher.

I've just uprooted the other breed sharing this kennel (German Spitz) and have replaced them with Pulik. happy :)
 Suave Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
8/19/2015 10:06:11 PM reply with quote send message to Suave Kennels Object to Post

I finished my first home-bred Laeken! And first home-bred CH in total on this account haha.

CH Suaves Masked Fury, 92.40% SOP
www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=14176459
Now pregnant to Castellan Power of Fire - I'm expecting great things. wink ;)

Also, from the House of Cards/Power of Fire litter mentioned above I got one good brood bitch - a 92.25% girl, but if her SS had been full I believe she wold have been a 92.55%. happy :) I'm not putting her into the ring but I look forward to seeing what she might produce!

Recently I've been stacking quite large shows, last night I had three majors. xD However, I've only been putting a handler on one of my dogs per show so please hop in and compete! Good handlers are available.
 Ebb & Flow Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
8/19/2015 11:22:20 PM reply with quote send message to Ebb & Flow Kennels Object to Post

You still talkin' to yourself? Congrats on the champion. Ill be joining you in shows soon. Still figuring this breed out. happy :)
 Suave Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
8/23/2015 8:05:49 PM reply with quote send message to Suave Kennels Object to Post

Opps, I grew used to being by myself here and didn't check for responses. xD

But yup! Outrigger is showing periodically and breyerwood also has some dogs entered, the shows are filling up! happy :)

Personally I've got a ton of dogs entered though... I'm worried I'm starting to swamp the shows a bit. Do you think it would be best for me to divide up my entries into two shows? Or just pull a few of them from the ring?

I don't know what would be best for you guys, though I have been putting minimal handlers up.
 Suave Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
9/6/2015 10:18:45 AM reply with quote send message to Suave Kennels Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Look what I found in the litter box!

Suaves Abyss of Flames, 93.00%!
www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=14295323

I'm really ticked that she's a female, but oh well. XD And another brilliant female whom I wish was a male:

Suaves Forsaken Dragon, 92.75%
www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=14290729

She's on par with my previous high SOP male. happy :) Both will be going into the ring, I'm excited to see what they might accomplish! (It's been a long time since Laekens have had a group placement, fingers crossed that these rapid improvements might earn us one. wink ;)) Also, my 92.75% boy is now up for stud at $25!

Also currently seasoning are (unfortunately both female lol):
Suaves Witch Hunter, 92.60%
www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=14266587

Suaves Phoenix Flames, 92.55%
www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=14260589

-----
Last edited by Suave Kennels on 9/6/2015 10:21:15 AM
 Suave Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
9/8/2015 9:27:25 PM reply with quote send message to Suave Kennels Object to Post

We've got a new breeder! Hurrah for Ash @Originality! wink ;)

Also, I've been getting some spectacular pups in my most recent litters. Only problem? THEY'RE ALL GIRLS. WHAT'S UP WITH THIS.

www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=14302695
Suaves Shard of Dreams, 92.95
www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=14303577
Suaves Skies of Shadows, 92.90

Though I've got one good boy, I'm not sessioning him but he's got a great head and I'll be keeping him for studding. happy :)
www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=14303573
Suaves Fallen Predator, 92.65 (9.7 head)
 Originality
Basic User

Basic User
9/8/2015 9:34:51 PM reply with quote send message to Originality Object to Post

Don't worry, Remy. Now that I'm in Laekens, I'll be pumping out the epic boys. BECAUSE IT'S ALL THIS GAME EVER GIVES ME <3 Lol
 Suave Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
9/8/2015 10:04:34 PM reply with quote send message to Suave Kennels Object to Post

PSH. I SHALL STEAL THEM ALL FROM YOU. -grabs a few crates and paints them black for stealth-

YOU'LL NEVER KNOW WHAT HIT YOU.
 Suave Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
10/1/2015 6:41:54 PM reply with quote send message to Suave Kennels Object to Post

I just got a few more fantastic females (still no males though lol):

Suaves Guardian of the Moon (93.10!)
www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=14359495

Suaves Beautiful Lie (92.95)
www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=14361746

I'm really pleased to see SOPs improving so quickly, though recently the amount of Laeken breeders dropped to 3. D:

Come on people, join us! wink ;)

Replies in this thread : 11

Did you know?
In multi-breed and all-breed shows, the winners of all breeds within the kennel club's breed Groups then compete for Group placements.