Search

.com Forum · Real Show Dogs

Replies in this thread : 10

Author Topic : Any Shows Coming Up?
 OceaniaFoxhounds
Basic User

System.__ComObject
8/28/2015 9:43:15 PM reply with quote send message to OceaniaFoxhounds Object to Post   

Basically I'm curious if anybody has any exciting shows coming up. I am going to be at the UKC shows in Maryland on Sunday working on getting Grand Champion legs on my Hamiltonstovare (finally have 3 Champions). It will be my first bred-by Champion's debut as a special. It will be very interesting to see what judges think between experienced nearly veteran bitch, 4 year old flashy male and 15 month old new dog.
 Beach Dunes
Basic User

Basic User
8/28/2015 10:48:25 PM reply with quote send message to Beach Dunes Object to Post

That does sound exciting. Defiantly let us know how that goes!

I pretty much go to shows every weekend now. I'll be moving in with a professional handler next month... In the mean time I have a huge Keeshonden specialty coming up.
 Spyte
Basic User

Basic User
8/29/2015 1:59:46 AM reply with quote send message to Spyte Object to Post

I will be at the two starter shows for our season down here in Florida. I will be working with a professional handler and also showing a 1 year old Irish Wolfhound male who I hope will be close to a Championship by the end of the two weekends. Then I will be hopefully heavy in the circuit and doing Eukanuba in December. It will be a long few months, and that is just AKC.

I also have a weekend of IABCA shows, not sure who I am putting in yet, either the 6 year old Wolfhound or the 18 month old BRT.
 Phlossy
Basic User

Basic User
8/29/2015 2:43:50 PM reply with quote send message to Phlossy Object to Post

We were planning to go to the UKC shows in Maryland this weekend, but something else came up so we opted not to go. You'll have to let us know what the judges think (I really like a couple of the judges that are doing this show... and am family friends with one of them. XD)!

Our next shows aren't until October, and they'll be AKC shows.
 Nouveau
Basic User

Basic User
8/29/2015 4:05:16 PM reply with quote send message to Nouveau Object to Post

I currently show in AKC only. My next for sure show is in TX in October. I'd like to do 1 or 2 more at the very least before then, but school is really getting in the way. Thank goodness for early graduation... even though it's tough work.
 Yippee Yahoo Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
8/29/2015 8:09:01 PM reply with quote send message to Yippee Yahoo Kennels Object to Post

We are at a NAFA flyball tournament this weekend. Pirate even earned a point today happy :) We have a whole 10 now. (My dog is "special" LOL)
There's also an AKC agility trial going on at the same time on the other side of the venue.
 kiroja
Premium Member

Premium Member
8/30/2015 2:33:55 AM reply with quote send message to kiroja Object to Post

We have a weight pull over the holiday, UKC show the following weekend, then AKC shows at the end of the month. All in MI.
 OceaniaFoxhounds
Basic User

Basic User
8/30/2015 8:35:06 PM reply with quote send message to OceaniaFoxhounds Object to Post

I just got back from the UKC shows in Maryland and I am over the moon with how things went. My male won breed, grand champion leg, and group 1!! In show 2, my 15 month old girl on breed over her sire and dam, grand champion leg, and group 1!! My 15 month old is the youngest breed winner, youngest multi-breed winner, and youngest group winner in America. She may even be the youngest Hamiltonstovare to ever win a group but I'm going to have to check on that one.
 kiroja
Premium Member

Premium Member
8/31/2015 2:25:32 AM reply with quote send message to kiroja Object to Post

Fabulous!!
 Treestand Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
8/31/2015 12:11:51 PM reply with quote send message to Treestand Kennel Object to Post

Congrats!!
 OceaniaFoxhounds
Basic User

Basic User
9/1/2015 5:31:40 PM reply with quote send message to OceaniaFoxhounds Object to Post

Thanks so much, I'm so thrilled. So my male is still the #1 Hamiltonstovare in UKC rankings and my 15 month old is the #2 Hamiltonstovare UKC rankings. We are going to a few more shows this year so the top ten may change and rotate as another bred-by puppy makes his debut.

Replies in this thread : 10

Did you know?
The first obedience title is a CD, or "Companion Dog", which is earned through competition in the Novice obedience class.